Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Oct 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #4,742 of 6,668
  I use RSA intruder with my ak100ii (fully balanced)

Hey twin!!

Though I'm planning to upgrade to the 240 eventually for more storage. 256gb internal + 200gb mSD. 
basshead.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #4,743 of 6,668
  Anybody using a portable amp with their AK100 II or AK120 II?

I use mine with the CEntrance HiFi-M8 LX to power headphones. Good clean sound, with bass and treble switches, and adjustable gain and impedance levels. Good times.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #4,744 of 6,668
Guys, I have a weird issue with my AK120 II.
After startup I get a message saying "SD card safely removed", but the card is actually still in the slot.
If I open the scroll down menu from the main screen, at the bottom I see the same message...

Is that normal?

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #4,745 of 6,668
If the card is readable, accessible and everything is great, can you really call that an issue? :wink:

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #4,747 of 6,668
For a 2k$ toy? Oh yes!

Let me get this straight, because you have an expensive toy that's WORKING PERFECTLY, you're having an issue?

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #4,748 of 6,668
After startup I get a message saying "SD card safely removed", but the card is actually still in the slot.
If I open the scroll down menu from the main screen, at the bottom I see the same message...

Is that normal?

I see the same thing on my unit but everything works, so I really didn't bother with it...

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #4,749 of 6,668
Let me get this straight, because you have an expensive toy that's WORKING PERFECTLY, you're having an issue?

Well it is NOT WORKING PERFECTLY according to my standards, as the software gives a wrong information. 
I'm not saying I can't sleep at night because of this, I was just asking if other owners experienced the same.

Now, if you don't like the word "issue", I can rephrase calling it "a question". Other than that, do you mind if wait for other owners to reply?

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #4,751 of 6,668

It's kind of like getting into your car, and the "check engine light" goes on, and the mechanic says it's just a little computer glitch and nothing is wrong with the operation of the car.  But you see that dumb light everytime you drive.  It would bug me a little.  Just my opinion.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #4,752 of 6,668
Mine does too. Hence my statement about everything being fine. It's not a check engine light. Everything is cool.

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #4,753 of 6,668

Is that normal?

There are a few odd mistranslations in the AK products and documentation. This is one of them. :) It should be translated as "SD card can be safely removed"... and yes if you press the notification it will unmount your card.

To those complaining that he shouldn't be complaining... well, it actually *is* confusing, and if you don't know that pressing that notification unmounts your SD card, then you can theoretically damage or corrupt it by mistake (e.g. if you press that while it's playing music). So it's not exactly a trivial issue, though one you figure out quickly enough.

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #4,754 of 6,668

Is that normal?

Pretty much normal like all the owners here have said. The first time I got that I tried to access my SD card and found it was still readable, so... on with the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back