Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 11, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #3,346 of 6,668
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #3,348 of 6,668
Does anyone know if the company that makes the fabric case for the AK100ii makes them for the AK120ii?  I much prefer the fabric case.

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #3,349 of 6,668
So, that very nice ACS leather case arrived today...

Anyone out there looking for a perfect case for the AK100II, the AK240 or any of the first-gen AK players? Literally any AK player except the AK120 II? #¤#"#¤!!#@ GAWDFSCKINGDAMNlT!! 

Well, at least it's a very nice case. Super soft leather, feels like proper craftsmanship too.

...and at 101 grams it's very light.

A lot lighter than the Peli 1020, which is 240g plus 3g of Noble stickers.

There's even a small leather pouch inside, to keep your IEMs from banging around and small leather strap for cable management. You know what... I might keep this thing, it's basically a Chesterfield couch for CIEMs and my CIEMs deserve a nice place to chill when they're not on duty.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #3,350 of 6,668
My Linum balanced cable s here, and I am using it with my JHAudio 13Pros. I also have a moon audio cable as my baseline here.

The Linum Balanced cable seems brighter in the mids and highs, but also seems to have reduced my bass quite a bit - I assume as a result of the impedance changes.

Any thoughts? What does your EQ look like, Sorensiim?

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #3,351 of 6,668
My Linum balanced cable s here, and I am using it with my JHAudio 13Pros. I also have a moon audio cable as my baseline here.

The Linum Balanced cable seems brighter in the mids and highs, but also seems to have reduced my bass quite a bit - I assume as a result of the impedance changes.

Any thoughts? What does your EQ look like, Sorensiim?

Zero EQ on mine - I didn't notice a drop in bass with the Linum, is your polarity right?

Edit: What's the impedance of your JH's? My K10 are around the 40ohm mark, so that might be why the 1,5ohm shift doesn't impact the bass that much for me.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #3,353 of 6,668
  So, that very nice ACS leather case arrived today...

Anyone out there looking for a perfect case for the AK100II, the AK240 or any of the first-gen AK players? Literally any AK player except the AK120 II? #¤#"#¤!!#@ GAWDFSCKINGDAMNlT!! 

Well, at least it's a very nice case. Super soft leather, feels like proper craftsmanship too.

...and at 101 grams it's very light.

A lot lighter than the Peli 1020, which is 240g plus 3g of Noble stickers.

There's even a small leather pouch inside, to keep your IEMs from banging around and small leather strap for cable management. You know what... I might keep this thing, it's basically a Chesterfield couch for CIEMs and my CIEMs deserve a nice place to chill when they're not on duty.

Very nice. It doesn't fit, too long a dap. I will help you. Send it to me, I will give you 10 dollars so the pain will not be so great. 

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #3,354 of 6,668
I will give you $10.01 :).  But seriously, what do you asking it for?

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #3,355 of 6,668

Very nice. It doesn't fit, too long a dap. I will help you. Send it to me, I will give you 10 dollars so the pain will not be so great. 

I will give you $10.01 :).  But seriously, what do you asking it for?

Hah, the case ended up costing me $50 with shipping, so I'm gonna keep it for my CIEMs. It's just too damn nice! Only downside is that now I'm eyeing those Japanese Vannuys cases again...

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #3,356 of 6,668
Sure, just let me know if when you are ready, as I can use it for my AK240.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #3,357 of 6,668
I had to try the AK100 II balanced out with my NT6pros - since it was there ...

Me too ^_^

The thing is, I jumped on the opportunity to get a second-hand RSA F-35 a few days ago.

So instead of 'simply' reterminating my (also second-hand) Whiplash TWcu/ag V3 Hybrid from a Hifiman 3.5mm TRRS to an AK 2.5mm TRRS to test balanced output to my Harmony 8 Pro ciems, I now have to wait to receive Kobiconn connnectors to go AK100II balanced -> F-35 balanced -> Whiplash -> H8P !

I followed the F-35 thread, so thank you jamato8 for all your input there. Did you try using your F-35 with the AK ?

I'm confident the result of this pairing should be quite good :D

It will take a while but once I have the complete set, I'll post my thoughts.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #3,358 of 6,668
I had to try the AK100 II balanced out with my NT6pros - since it was there ...

Me too ^_^

The thing is, I jumped on the opportunity to get a second-hand RSA F-35 a few days ago.

So instead of 'simply' reterminating my (also second-hand) Whiplash TWcu/ag V3 Hybrid from a Hifiman 3.5mm TRRS to an AK 2.5mm TRRS to test balanced output to my Harmony 8 Pro ciems, I now have to wait to receive Kobiconn connnectors to go AK100II balanced -> F-35 balanced -> Whiplash -> H8P !

I followed the F-35 thread, so thank you jamato8 for all your input there. Did you try using your F-35 with the AK ?

I'm confident the result of this pairing should be quite good :D

It will take a while but once I have the complete set, I'll post my thoughts.

Glad the thread was of help. I haven't tied it, I need to make up the connector. Let's see, that will be around number 50 for a special connector.

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #3,360 of 6,668
Sure hope so.

A hell of a way to compensate for the Ak100II's lack of power on the balanced out :D

Big thanks to the charming person selling me the F-35 at half its retail price!

In the meantime I'm testing a lot of EQ configs to expand dynamics. I'll post a bit later on the subject :)

Edit : you are quite well equipped yourself, that's some mean hardware!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back