Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #3,364 of 6,668
Feb 13, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #3,367 of 6,668
Is the "tough" box that comes with the K10's waterproof (like the Pelican 1020)? i.e. Certificate IP67 (1 meter submersion for 30 minutes)

EDIT: Sorry - wrong forum.  Will ask in Noble thread.

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #3,370 of 6,668
So for those who detest the croc pattern cases, how about this one I just picked up last night?  

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #3,371 of 6,668
  So for those who detest the croc pattern cases, how about this one I just picked up last night?  

Where does one get those?

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #3,373 of 6,668
Hey there: 

I have an AK120II with balanced cables for my Westone W60s on their way to me from Double Helix. Can't wait for them to arrive. In the meantime, I have a couple questions. 

I listened to the AK120II for about an hour at my local store (where I bought my W60s), and I noticed that I was tempted to listen to higher volumes than I do on my iPhone. I think this is because it maintains so much better clarity at high volumes. I was wondering if anybody else had noticed this tendency, and whether or not I should be aware of it as a potential danger. After all, I want to keep my hearing healthy for another couple decades to pay for these cables. :)

Also, do most people use their "portable" AK and IEM setups during actually moving, such as on buses and trains? I listen to my W60s and my iPhone on trains and buses all the time, and I've basically given up on returning them to the case after every use, just stuffing them into my bag instead. 

How rough do people treat their IEMs and their AKs? I bought a Pelican 130 case to keep them in, but I'm wondering how much "in pocket" use this system can take, as opposed to just removing them from their cases when I get to my destination and listening there. 

I'm pretty new to this level of gear, so I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #3,374 of 6,668
Every time I start-up my 120ii, it automatically scans (it shows the scanning icons in the upper left of the display).  When I was using a 64GB microSD card, it maybe took 5-10 seconds at each start-up.  Now that I use a 128GB microSD, it takes perhaps 10-15 seconds before the scanning icons go away.  **Is it supposed to re-scan like this at every start-up?**

It's not a huge deal since it's not a full-on 30 minute scan as I've seen discussed in the AK240 threads; just curious if others are experiencing this.  I see no options in Settings to fiddle w/ scanning (other than the ability to totally re-scan in the Default settings, that is).  It has done this at every start-up since I bought my 120ii; I am running the most current firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back