Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Dec 28, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #2,791 of 6,668
  Try.

SEttings > Default settings > Initialize Media Scan :)

No, couldn't do that, it would be too simple. lol

thanks. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #2,792 of 6,668

No, couldn't do that, it would be too simple. lol

thanks. 

HAHA well it doesnt exactly make sense :p

I had to get mine out of my bag and turn it on to remember where it was :p

How are you finding it compared to the DX?

I traded up from the DX to the AK based on its more refined sound.
I loved both but found it impractical for keep both.
The DX being more raw b4lls out sound and the ak100ii being tea toting awesome.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #2,793 of 6,668

HAHA well it doesnt exactly make sense :p

I had to get mine out of my bag and turn it on to remember where it was :p

How are you finding it compared to the DX?

I traded up from the DX to the AK based on its more refined sound.
I loved both but found it impractical for keep both.
The DX being more raw b4lls out sound and the ak100ii being tea toting awesome.

So far I like both but right now I don't find the 100II to be any better, just different. 

I loaded all but about 10gb onto the internal now but for some reason it is taking forever to rescan my sd card. Before, the almost full 64gb card scanned in about 10 minutes or so but it has been in there for 30 minutes (I have tried twice) and it still says it is Preparing SD card. I have no idea why it would take so long. I guess there is something wrong with the card. It is the same one I have been using but I tried another one and it is scanning ok. Interesting. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #2,794 of 6,668

So far I like both but right now I don't find the 100II to be any better, just different. 

I loaded all but about 10gb onto the internal now but for some reason it is taking forever to rescan my sd card. Before, the almost full 64gb card scanned in about 10 minutes or so but it has been in there for 30 minutes (I have tried twice) and it still says it is Preparing SD card. I have no idea why it would take so long. 

Strange.

If you browse by folder does it have an hour glass on SD card, no SD card or does it allow you to browse the SD card?

Mine always has a persistant notification saying something about the SD card (cant remember what without turning it on, using my Shozy Alien atm).

**EDIT** and I dont have an SD card in the AK atm.

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #2,795 of 6,668
Always switch on your ak and let it scan the library before you connect it to your computer,somebody also said they couldn't transfer content to the SD from a Mac using AFT,you should no problem but always switch the unit on before connecting.

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #2,796 of 6,668
  DIY balanced cable connecting AK100 II to Krell, works great and cost me 60$.

This is extremely cool, and a project I want to attempt next month when I go back to Tokyo.  I need to hear my 120ii through my balanced speaker amp and Fostex 2.1 speaker system.  My amp (early 90s Denon PMA-1) also has XLR inputs. I`ve asked before, but could someone, in absolute dummy terms, explain why there is the 3.5 cable joining in to the balanced line from the AK`s 2.5 TRRS ?  Why not just run one, 4-wire cable to the XLRs ? 

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #2,797 of 6,668

This is extremely cool, and a project I want to attempt next month when I go back to Tokyo.  I need to hear my 120ii through my balanced speaker amp and Fostex 2.1 speaker system.  My amp (early 90s Denon PMA-1) also has XLR inputs. I`ve asked before, but could someone, in absolute dummy terms, explain why there is the 3.5 cable joining in to the balanced line from the AK`s 2.5 TRRS ?  Why not just run one, 4-wire cable to the XLRs ? 

You'll find that if you just use the balanced setup you may hear noise or a hum as a result of there not being a common ground between the AK and the amp. The dual setup connects the grounds from the 3.5mm connector to the Amp, thereby having not only L-,L+ and R-,R+ but now also grounds..

Notice the outputs on the official AK connector:

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #2,798 of 6,668
Thanks man; wealth of knowledge . . . 

That looks relatively easy to solder.  Is that the DIY one you have ? 

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #2,799 of 6,668
Has anyone had a card that doesn't work? I have one that I mentioned in an earlier post that was working and I think I pulled it without ejecting it correctly and now it won't scan in the 100II. It works on the computer and on my other daps. I checked it for errors in Mac but there must be something hidden on it that the 100II doesn't like. It says preparing but never goes to scanning now. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #2,801 of 6,668
  Thanks man; wealth of knowledge . . . 

That looks relatively easy to solder.  Is that the DIY one you have ? 

Yes, it is DIY one I have...cost me just $60, so wallet and ear both are happy 
L3000.gif
, hardest part for me was 2.5 TRRS soldering, rest part of wire was done in 2 hrs. I did terminate 2.5 TRRS into 4 pin XLR, so that I can also use them to connect balanced headphone I have.

check this also
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240/6030#post_11076473

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #2,802 of 6,668
   I'd try a factory reset and at worst a FW update. Some devices will see a card as defective once something like that happens. 

The thing is it works with all my other cards, 128gb, 64 32 but this card now to it is corrupted. It took some time to load the internal memory so if I do a factory reset I have to go through that again and it is reading the other cards. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back