Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Dec 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #2,806 of 6,668
MQS seems to be getting quite a few bugs,tracks play fine and are recognised when transferring onto sd card but when using mqs the file is not recognised and is moved into the playlist folder,it seems that the more files i add to mqs the worse it gets,the artist comes up as unknown in most cases.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #2,807 of 6,668
The thing is it works with all my other cards, 128gb, 64 32 but this card now to it is corrupted. It took some time to load the internal memory so if I do a factory reset I have to go through that again and it is reading the other cards. 

Same as wyd4 i think youll need to reformat the card.

I think i had an issue before where the ak240 couldn't recognize the card. Popped the card to my mac, erase with fat32. Put it in my ak and formatted the card again if i remember correctly.

What pissed me though was i loaded about 50+gb (out of 64gb) to the card already w/o checking first so i had to do it over again. Now for new cards, i load a few albums and check the ak if it recognizes the card first.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #2,808 of 6,668
Im about to get a AK100II, I only have low Z IEM's.. K3003 and SE846. 
I wonder how does it deal with low Z IEM's?

Right now I have a FIIO X5, but I really don't like  its sound =/. Do you think its worth the upgrade?
Regards!

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #2,809 of 6,668
FYI anyone who recently bought or own the 100ll, definitely worthwhile to download the latest updates.

I am currently using the 100ll balanced>ALO Audio MK3B+ balanced>HD650 balanced/HD800 balanced and very impressed.  I have almost completely quit using the Mac players entirely, just not worth the hassle. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #2,811 of 6,668
Same as wyd4 i think youll need to reformat the card.

I think i had an issue before where the ak240 couldn't recognize the card. Popped the card to my mac, erase with fat32. Put it in my ak and formatted the card again if i remember correctly.

What pissed me though was i loaded about 50+gb (out of 64gb) to the card already w/o checking first so i had to do it over again. Now for new cards, i load a few albums and check the ak if it recognizes the card first.

What is odd is that the card worked and then one day when I changed to another card and back, no more. 

Also what is the lock for? I know what it is for but on mine, nothing locks. I can show the unit as locked but I can do everything with the dap as if it wasn't locked. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #2,812 of 6,668
Interesting. Just tried it and you're right.  Functions normally including the volume. Turn off the screen and the volume is locked. Not very useful at this stage.

Does anyone else have the remote? It's a wonderful addition especially when I'm listening in my recliner or in bed and don't want to fiddle with the unit.  I was fortunate to get mine included when I purchased my AK100 II.

Quote:
Also what is the lock for? I know what it is for but on mine, nothing locks. I can show the unit as locked but I can do everything with the dap as if it wasn't locked. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #2,813 of 6,668
Got the remote and enjoy it. Paid 35 not the 50. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #2,814 of 6,668
  FYI anyone who recently bought or own the 100ll, definitely worthwhile to download the latest updates.

I am currently using the 100ll balanced>ALO Audio MK3B+ balanced>HD650 balanced/HD800 balanced and very impressed.  I have almost completely quit using the Mac players entirely, just not worth the hassle. 

I`m interested in this pairing, for my HD800.  Can you post a pic of your 100ii - Mk3b+ interconnect ?  I`m trying to get some ideas . . . . 

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #2,815 of 6,668

What is odd is that the card worked and then one day when I changed to another card and back, no more. 

On my 120ii, locking it disables the volume wheel when the unit is asleep.  If the screen is on, it functions in lock mode as if unlocked.  As soon as the screen goes off, the volume wheel is deactivated . . . .  

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #2,817 of 6,668
So how much difference are you hearing with balanced out on the 100II? I have plenty of experience with balanced systems and some phones respond much more than other but I am not hearing the normal amount of difference with phones I am familiar with. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #2,818 of 6,668
So how much difference are you hearing with balanced out on the 100II? I have plenty of experience with balanced systems and some phones respond much more than other but I am not hearing the normal amount of difference with phones I am familiar with. 

I have a 120II.
The main difference i can clearly hear is improved detail and clarity, and a higher output volume.

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2,820 of 6,668
Hey all, just got the 100ii and wanted to make sure I didn't get a bad unit.  Is the volume control supposed to have some play to it?  Meaning I can roll it back and forth a little bit before pushing it over to the next step?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back