Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Dec 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #2,761 of 6,668
 . . . .The 2.5 mm plug as well as the fact that the AK does not mount as a disk natively on a mac are the two flaws with these players . . . . 

Totally agree.  Especially a drag that I can`t add to the SD card when it`s mounted, with Android File Transfer. ...    

As for the 2.5 post, I wonder what else they could have used ?  All the ones that I know of fail for one reason or another.   3.5 TRRS woudl be great , but of course there would be too much risk of confusing the SE and balanced.. . . 

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #2,762 of 6,668

Totally agree.  Especially a drag that I can`t add to the SD card when it`s mounted, with Android File Transfer. ...    

As for the 2.5 post, I wonder what else they could have used ?  All the ones that I know of fail for one reason or another.   3.5 TRRS woudl be great , but of course there would be too much risk of confusing the SE and balanced.. . . 

Anyone know where we can actually contact iRiver about this type of stuff? Feature requests a the like?

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #2,763 of 6,668

Android phone is the same, it remembers the track. No exact position.

I guess I'm just spoiled by Rockbox's ability to bookmark exact positions :frowning2:

Thanks CasperBxl and kt8509 for testing :)

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,764 of 6,668

I guess I'm just spoiled by Rockbox's ability to bookmark exact positions :frowning2:

Thanks CasperBxl and kt8509 for testing :)

Just tested on a DX90 V2.1.5 (DX90L2, Lurker Mod 2), running Mango - rebooted back to current track time/position.

Reflashed to iBasso factory firmware V2.1.5 and it also kept track time/position.

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #2,765 of 6,668
Just tested on a DX90 V2.1.5 (DX90L2, Lurker Mod 2), running Mango - rebooted back to current track time/position.

Reflashed to iBasso factory firmware V2.1.5 and it also kept track time/position.

Wow, thx for taking the time to do this. Btw, how do u compare the dx90 to the ak100ii?

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #2,766 of 6,668

Yes, I always notice my DX90 reboots to the same place I stopped. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2,767 of 6,668

Anyone know where we can actually contact iRiver about this type of stuff? Feature requests a the like?

Yeah, that would be nice.  AK is no iBasso when it comes to user-feedback interraction, it seems.  I could be wrong.

I had several communications with iBasso over the years.  The Luxman and Fostex guys in Japan are also really eager to communicate with customers, in my experiece.  Recently, I fired off an email to Beyerdynamic, about the T51p, and an engineer in Germany got back to me within a few hours, answering my question and including actualy schematic wiring diagrams...   This kinda stuff makes me a fan.  

Still love my 120ii though.  

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #2,768 of 6,668
Here is my combo at this date.
the SE846 are not on the picture, because, i have returned them to Shure for small maintenance.

I have purchased a cable from Sys.concept Inc which i use to connect my AK120 II to the Hight Amp Centrance HIFI-M8 XL4. 
the service of Sys.concept Inc is very good. and i recommend them : https://www.sysconcept.ca
Here is the cable : 

Sam

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #2,769 of 6,668
  Here is my combo at this date.

I have purchased a cable from Sys.concept Inc which i use to connect my AK120 II to the Hight Amp Centrance HIFI-M8 XL4. 
the service of Sys.concept Inc is very good. and i recommend them : https://www.sysconcept.ca
Here is the cable : 

Sam

Yep, I agree they are great at Sys Concept, got the same cable!!   :)

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #2,770 of 6,668

Yeah, that would be nice.  AK is no iBasso when it comes to user-feedback interraction, it seems.  I could be wrong.

I had several communications with iBasso over the years.  The Luxman and Fostex guys in Japan are also really eager to communicate with customers, in my experiece.  Recently, I fired off an email to Beyerdynamic, about the T51p, and an engineer in Germany got back to me within a few hours, answering my question and including actualy schematic wiring diagrams...   This kinda stuff makes me a fan.  

Still love my 120ii though.  

I havd had good interactions with FiiO too.. AK seems to have just one guy in SoCal and he was literally zero help.
I would gladly pay them money to remove the android file transfer requirement and have the DAP show up like *every* *other* *player* on a Mac... :-/

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #2,771 of 6,668

I havd had good interactions with FiiO too.. AK seems to have just one guy in SoCal and he was literally zero help.
I would gladly pay them money to remove the android file transfer requirement and have the DAP show up like *every* *other* *player* on a Mac... :-/

Has anyone asked them about this? 

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,772 of 6,668
I don't think the Android File Transfer issue on the Mac is specific to AK.  Form my research, it's an Android thing so until Google fixes that, we're pretty much stuck. I've transferred nearly 50GB worth of my favourite music to the internal storage and renamed a bunch of files.  So far, the program has been working well on my Mac. For me, it's a minor inconvenience that I can live with and the UI on the AK100 II is well worth the upgrade from the AK100 MkII.

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #2,773 of 6,668
  I don't think the Android File Transfer issue on the Mac is specific to AK.  Form my research, it's an Android thing so until Google fixes that, we're pretty much stuck. I've transferred nearly 50GB worth of my favourite music to the internal storage and renamed a bunch of files.  So far, the program has been working well on my Mac. For me, it's a minor inconvenience that I can live with and the UI on the AK100 II is well worth the upgrade from the AK100 MkII.

The AK is presenting its files as other MTP devices do. This is a Microsoft concept, like camera's use etc.
Or is this very specific to the AK ...?  (... like *every* *other* *player* on a Mac ...)

A solution could be in: http://www.sync-mac.com/mtp-sync.html

There is a free and a Pro version.
Pro allows you to mount the MTP volumes as normal Mac drives (it says on the site, I dod not test).

Hope it can help,

CasperBxl

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #2,774 of 6,668
Actually, not like every other player on the Mac.  The AK100 MkII and as far as I can remember, the FiiO X5 showed up just like a mounted drive.. no special software required.
Quote:
  Or is this very specific to the AK ...?  (... like *every* *other* *player* on a Mac ...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back