Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 21, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #4,201 of 4,426
It has been my number 1 for years... But Plus 5 took over for a bit. I gave my precious (Ref 1) a rest and started listening to it again over the weekend and I realized I prefer it. It's definitely bass, that's the biggest reason.

Let's see what tomorrow brings... Vega vs them all. I seriously doubt it will beat either tralucent, but I'm keeping my mind open. Tbh, I don't even think the Vegas will beat my Sonys. I'd love to be proven wrong.

CraftyClown has been enjoying his Rhapsodio Solars enough lately that in a moment of passion he decided to sell me his Ref.1 Too :D (thanks again, Crafty!)

Being a basshead myself I wouldn't get another all-BA earphone (my last was the Westone 3) simply because it didn't have that visceral character of a DD...that being said considering Gavin's reputation I'm sure it sounds awesome. How about that Vega, tho? I've been wanting to try a Campfire Audio IEM as their designs look so intriguing- can't wait to hear your impressions :)

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #4,202 of 4,426

CraftyClown has been enjoying his Rhapsodio Solars enough lately that in a moment of passion he decided to sell me his Ref.1 Too :D (thanks again, Crafty!)

Being a basshead myself I wouldn't get another all-BA earphone (my last was the Westone 3) simply because it didn't have that visceral character of a DD...that being said considering Gavin's reputation I'm sure it sounds awesome. How about that Vega, tho? I've been wanting to try a Campfire Audio IEM as their designs look so intriguing- can't wait to hear your impressions :)

​IT'S TRUE!!!!

I seem to be swapping IEMs faster than I change socks right now :D

I love the Tralucent range of IEMs, but I fancied trying some other TOTL phones for a while and I can't afford to keep them all. I could well be back, but in the meantime welcome Euphonik to the family with open arms. He's a lovely guy with great taste in IEMs

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #4,204 of 4,426

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #4,205 of 4,426
I'm running my Ref.1 with one of the new Tralucent copper cables atm. Sounds extremely good indeed.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #4,206 of 4,426
I'm running my Ref.1 with one of the new Tralucent copper cables atm. Sounds extremely good indeed.

Agree on that, H20! I ran the Plus5 with the new stock copper cable when mine came so I could post impressions. And I was impressed! It's now connected to the original 1plus2 and does well with it too. :)

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #4,207 of 4,426
Hmm, how do you tell which cable from Tralucent you're using?

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #4,208 of 4,426
Agree on that, H20! I ran the Plus5 with the new stock copper cable when mine came so I could post impressions. And I was impressed! It's now connected to the original 1plus2 and does well with it too. :)

Yep, its a solid performing cable the copper one.

I've really gotta stop switching out cables on my Ref.1 though, I'm going to wear the sockets out if not careful.

Hmm, how do you tell which cable from Tralucent you're using?

Probably silver/gold on a Ref.1. Do you have a photo?

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #4,211 of 4,426
  Just curious to know, is there any indication on the box, or on the IEMs to state whether it is a Ref. 1 or Ref. 1 Too?

Or are they just exactly the same?

You'll find pictures in the Recent Images In This Thread on the top right of this page to get your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back