Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,006 of 4,426
Interesting observation, CHG. I have to try that out the next time I listen to the iem. :)

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #1,007 of 4,426
Yes! Maybe i am talking nonesense, but it occured to me that with Large size tips not only the imaging is not tilted to the right side and also the sound feels like coming from the front. It feels more natural this way like sitting in front of speakers and let the sound flows to you...

I haven't tried the medium size version. Been using the large one since day 1.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,008 of 4,426
I haven't tried the medium size version. Been using the large one since day 1.

Yes, at first i thought medium size would yield deeper insertion and better sound isolation. It turns out large size gives a better width and depth presentation and less prone to shifting to the right side in my case.

Going back to taking 1p2 and ref 1 in rotation. Until now, i feel ref1 has finer detail but 1p2 is making the piano notes sparkle.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #1,010 of 4,426
Jul 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #1,012 of 4,426
Jul 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,013 of 4,426
What are others finding as the most ideal tip placement in terms of how far down the nozzle to install them? Since there is no flange to act as a stop, I noticed I could shove 'em down further to the point where there is only 1-2mm of space from the grill to the front edge of the ear tips. I find this helps open up the soundstage a nice bit. Is anyone else noticing tip distance to the grill as crucial to the sound? 

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #1,014 of 4,426
What are others finding as the most ideal tip placement in terms of how far down the nozzle to install them? Since there is no flange to act as a stop, I noticed I could shove 'em down further to the point where there is only 1-2mm of space from the grill to the front edge of the ear tips. I find this helps open up the soundstage a nice bit. Is anyone else noticing tip distance to the grill as crucial to the sound? 

I push mine on until they stop.

Jul 3, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #1,015 of 4,426

All the way down...i experimented leaving a bit of distance but its a little uncomfortable and the tips would come off when taking the earphones off

By the way, hows the bass coming along on your set?

Jul 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,016 of 4,426
The bass is most definitely getting less boomy, and just super deep when music calls for it. I look forward to how it sounds in the 100-200 hour range, with how much it's changed already.

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #1,017 of 4,426
Anyone running any other cables with their Ref1 besides the stock or Uber? I have a TWag V3, which I've received some feedback on, but wondering about other cables? I have a hybrid silver & copper cable from Null.

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #1,018 of 4,426
Anyone running any other cables with their Ref1 besides the stock or Uber? I have a TWag V3, which I've received some feedback on, but wondering about other cables? I have a hybrid silver & copper cable from Null.

Could you please share impressions of these cables on Ref.1?

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,019 of 4,426
The bass is most definitely getting less boomy, and just super deep when music calls for it. I look forward to how it sounds in the 100-200 hour range, with how much it's changed already.

One of the amazing things of the Ref.1 is its bass and how it rendition the different layers of bass.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back