Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,023 of 4,426
I think the Dita Answer has sweeter vocals. The vocals on the Answer are more up front, and present. However my Ref.1 pair is young on hours at this point, and I am not using the uber expensive uber cable... 

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,025 of 4,426
  I find tips that sit an IEM a hair farther away sometimes gives a bigger stage as well.

Definitely agree there. It just becomes a juggling act with fit. 

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #1,026 of 4,426
Yeah, with the tips pushed down about as far as they'll go, the fit is much better and more secure, with better seal. I think it's worth it to have them down that far just for those reasons alone.

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #1,027 of 4,426
I shorten my Ortofon tips (Using L at the moment). I find the sound more open and easier to get a good fit this way. Also a lesser chance of the end of the tips being compressed in the ears. 

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #1,028 of 4,426
  I shorten my Ortofon tips (Using L at the moment). I find the sound more open and easier to get a good fit this way. Also a lesser chance of the end of the tips being compressed in the ears. 

I think this is a complex question to answer as we all have different ear canal shape and size.  This very much depends on one to try and find the best fit/performance.  Agree?

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #1,029 of 4,426
  I think this is a complex question to answer as we all have different ear canal shape and size.  This very much depends on one to try and find the best fit/performance.  Agree?

Yup of coz. Just a  comment on what I did with mine. Tips go further down the stem this way for IEMs with larger bores. I have elephant ears and still feel like I "squash" the tips at times. 

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #1,030 of 4,426
  Yup of coz. Just a  comment on what I did with mine. Tips go further down the stem this way for IEMs with larger bores. I have elephant ears and still feel like I "squash" the tips at times. 

LOL.  You have been exaggerating right?

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #1,034 of 4,426
  Of course not. What kind of person exaggerates in forums? I actually do have body fluids coming out my ears when I say something gives me ear-gasms. 

Jokes aside, I have pretty big earholes and not very pretty ears on the whole. I blame my paternal side for this mutation. 

So, which ear tips that work best for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back