Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #1,037 of 4,426
  L Ortofon for wide bore IEMS. Snipped a little at the stem. I really want to try Spinfits but they seem next to impossible to find. 

So, when you are done snipping, how far are the nozzle screens from the end of the eartip??

Have you tried JVC HA-850 'Spiral Dot' tips? Supposed to be great.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,038 of 4,426
Are Spinfit tips by the Hong Kong brand MUSE?

No, Spinfit are made in Taiwan.  They don't seem to be available anywhere. I have tried on all the asian based ebay sites as well as Japanese audio shop sites. The only place they appear is Alibaba and you have o order a minimum of 10,000 or something like that. They must be somewhere .... but where ?

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,039 of 4,426

No, Spinfit are made in Taiwan.  They don't seem to be available anywhere. I have tried on all the asian based ebay sites as well as Japanese audio shop sites. The only place they appear is Alibaba and you have o order a minimum of 10,000 or something like that. They must be somewhere .... but where ?

As far as I know Alibaba is for trade and thus there is a minimum volume/order required.  You may try Taobao though.

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #1,040 of 4,426
  As far as I know Alibaba is for trade and thus there is a minimum volume/order required.  You may try Taobao though.

Yeah thanks... I have tried there too. No luck. They probably won't be any good anyway since from what i understand they currently do not come in a large size. I wanted to try them though.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #1,041 of 4,426

So, when you are done snipping, how far are the nozzle screens from the end of the eartip??

Have you tried JVC HA-850 'Spiral Dot' tips? Supposed to be great.

Sorry, reformatted my com. Here are some pics of the tips on my 334. I put an original one on one side for comparison. 

I haven't tried the Spiral Dot tips. They look good though. How are they? Comfortable? 

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,042 of 4,426

Yeah thanks... I have tried there too. No luck. They probably won't be any good anyway since from what i understand they currently do not come in a large size. I wanted to try them though.

Only other place I know of. But can't order as well as not having L sizes. Sigh.

http://ocharaku.jp/sound/topics/3489/

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #1,044 of 4,426
Nope. Taiwan brand. Looks like this. 

http://ocharaku.jp/sound/topics/3489/

Muse Doesn't have anything for wide bored stems right? I forget. I remember checking them out at Mingo. Used their tips previously for slimmer bore stuff like my old UM3x. 

Hi T.

Muse does, just buy TF10 compatible tips.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #1,046 of 4,426
I cant help but think all these 3 are talking about same tips...

Alibaba: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SpinFit-Patent-replacement-ear-buds-eartips_152837767.html

Model Number:
CP-100

MUSE
also mention CP-100 and talks about Patent http://www.mingo-hmw.com/home/goods.php?id=3100

Ocharaku

Looks similar too

Anyway, I like Ortofon tips alot!

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #1,047 of 4,426
  Sorry, reformatted my com. Here are some pics of the tips on my 334. I put an original one on one side for comparison. 

I haven't tried the Spiral Dot tips. They look good though. How are they? Comfortable? 

I cant help but think all these 3 are talking about same tips...

Anyway, I like Ortofon tips alot!

@awry, Ummm this is the Ref.1 thread....why are you posting pics of 334's???  I want to see your cut down Orto's on your Ref.1's (dah).

Yo Cosmic & arwy, I just ordered (thx 2 tip from to lee730) and received some (L) JVC Spiral Dots from Japan via JapanShoppingService. Wow...they are fantastic!!  My previous fav's were (L) Ortofons, but these SD's are even better. Expensive though ($29) because of shipping, but cheaper than buying from Ebay for $58 LINK

Very soft, great seal, Fantastic soudstage. Seem to really work inspite of their apparent similarity to many look alike tips.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #1,048 of 4,426
Regarding SpinFits - not digging the 'pinch' after the nozzle. This reduction in bore size will not do good things for the sound waves. My fav tips are straight through with no reduction or pinching after the nozzle, like Spiral Dots and Ortofons.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #1,049 of 4,426

@awry, Ummm this is the Ref.1 thread....why are you posting pics of 334's???  I want to see your cut down Orto's on your Ref.1's (dah).

Yo Cosmic & arwy, I just ordered (thx 2 tip from to lee730) and received some (L) JVC Spiral Dots from Japan via JapanShoppingService. Wow...they are fantastic!!  My previous fav's were (L) Ortofons, but these SD's are even better. Expensive though ($29) because of shipping, but cheaper than buying from Ebay for $58 LINK

Very soft, great seal, Fantastic soudstage. Seem to really work inspite of their apparent similarity to many look alike tips.

Erm. Coz they use the same tips? I only used the Ref1 when Gavin was in town. Hard time deciding between keeping my 334s or getting the Ref1s. Maybe I shouldn't have tried the Ref1s... Sigh. 

I would do the same for any wide bored IEMs unless the IEM stem is long enough to go almost to the end of the tip.  

Went to check on your recommendation and found someone selling Spiral Dots here locally, albeit at a higher price with no demo I think. Sealed boxes of 3 Pairs in M.  May I ask if they are the same size as most tips or smaller like the Ortofons? I use M for most other tips but L for Ortos. 

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,050 of 4,426
  Erm. Coz they use the same tips? I only used the Ref1 when Gavin was in town. Hard time deciding between keeping my 334s or getting the Ref1s. Maybe I shouldn't have tried the Ref1s... Sigh. 

I would do the same for any wide bored IEMs unless the IEM stem is long enough to go almost to the end of the tip.  

Went to check on your recommendation and found someone selling Spiral Dots here locally, albeit at a higher price with no demo I think. Sealed boxes of 3 Pairs in M.  May I ask if they are the same size as most tips or smaller like the Ortofons? I use M for most other tips but L for Ortos. 

I liked L Ortofons, but they seem to fit deeper into my ear where I am sure my ear narrows, so the 'chamber' that the IEM radiates into is smaller. The L Ortofons are inbetween the L and M Spiral Dots (and all other brands, too).

For me the L JVC Spiral Dots fit great because they are soft but firm and fit a bit further out in my ear canal so the chamber is larger in my ear. To me the L Spiral Dots sound much better than L Ortofons.

Chamber = the acoustic space between the IEM eartip and the eardrum. 

THX to lee730 for turning me on to JVC Spiral Dots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back