Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jun 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #901 of 4,426
Jun 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #902 of 4,426

Are you sure you are not having the 2.5mm plug issue which is common on many AK240 units? I have bought and tested many different off-the-shelf 2.5mm TRRS plugs as well as ready-made cables from ALO, Moon Audio and Wagnus and my conclusion is that not all of them are made equal. Even among the same batch of plugs, some work pretty well and some don't because of the diameter of the plug being a bit too small for the AK240 2.5mm socket (the socket hole seems a bit bigger/loose). AK240 uses a non-standard right/left audio setup for its balanced 2.5mm TRRS socket, i.e. R- (tip), R+ (1st ring), L+ (2nd ring), L- (sleeve). So in my case it is usually the right audio channel that gets cut off which corresponds to the tip or the 1st ring of the 2.5mm plug not coming into contact with the inside wall of the AK240 socket. This sounds logical since when you imagine the plug inserted into the socket the slightest misfit/movement of the loose plug will create the biggest angle of misalignment towards the end of the plug (which is basically responsible for the right channel signal).

Try twisting/rotating/moving the plug when inserted into the 2.5mm socket and see if you can make a connection and hear a change to eliminate the possibility of faulty cable wirings inside the insulation. If you have a multimeter, you can test cable for closed circuit to ensure it is not a broken cable.

Yes, you are correct.  Anyone who's going to reterminate your plug to 2.5mm TRRS for the usage on AK240 should refer back to the 240 manual on polarity.

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #903 of 4,426
  Really had fun during the meet! Hope you enjoy your stay in Singapore Gavin! 

Apologies for the late reply!

I am still recovering from all the food and booze I consumed while in Singapore, lovey city and I really had great fun!!! Some mighty fine restaurants and bars there. A huge thanks to all the guys there, really appreciated the hospitality and kindness shown. 

Thanks again to everyone!

PS May see you guys again next month if time allows
wink_face.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #904 of 4,426

I am still recovering from all the food and booze I consumed while in Singapore, lovey city and I really had great fun!!! Some mighty fine restaurants and bars there. A huge thanks to all the guys there, really appreciated the hospitality and kindness shown. 

PS May see you guys again next month if time allows:wink_face:

Someone got the lioncity's bug hahhaa.. Singapore is a great city... Just make sure ure wallet is up to the task lol

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #905 of 4,426
Got a Ref1 on the way. Decided to just stick with the Gold/Silver cable for now, b/c the warmer sound sig I've read about with the Uber didn't really sound like the best thing to me with reports the IEM is a touch on the 'laid back' side. Hoping the very detailed/crisp DX90 pairs well with it. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #906 of 4,426

PS May see you guys again next month if time allows:wink_face:

Gavin, it was an absolute delight to have you here! Look forward to seeing you back here again soon! :)

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #908 of 4,426
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #909 of 4,426
...........................snip.....................
.......................... Hoping the very detailed/crisp DX90 pairs well with it. 

It does!

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #911 of 4,426
Got a Ref1 on the way. Decided to just stick with the Gold/Silver cable for now, b/c the warmer sound sig I've read about with the Uber didn't really sound like the best thing to me with reports the IEM is a touch on the 'laid back' side. Hoping the very detailed/crisp DX90 pairs well with it. 

I'm just going to unsub now. Read no evil, purchase no evil!

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #913 of 4,426

I was surprised at the synergy between the DX90 and my 1+2+uBer too. Yes I do think that Gavin's sound signature matches well with the DX90. I was pleasantly surprised.

Jun 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #914 of 4,426
Speaking of 1Plus2 synergy, I just received a Resonessence Concero HP a couple of days ago, it's proving to have wonderful synergy with the 1Plus2. The Ref 1 is going to have to be seriously good to top this.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #915 of 4,426
I'm just going to unsub now. Read no evil, purchase no evil!

You know, of course, that this will just keep eating and eating away at you until you are powerless to resist, wallet be damned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back