Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jun 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #916 of 4,426
I was surprised at the synergy between the DX90 and my 1+2+uBer too. Yes I do think that Gavin's sound signature matches well with the DX90. I was pleasantly surprised.

Great to hear. The only difference is that with my Ref1 on the way, I didn't pop for the Uber cable. Oh well. I just had a hard time parting with that much cash as it was...

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #917 of 4,426
Great to hear. The only difference is that with my Ref1 on the way, I didn't pop for the Uber cable. Oh well. I just had a hard time parting with that much cash as it was...

Don't feel too bad for not ordering the uber cable as the stock cable sounds stunning when driven via the line-out of the DX90. I did try the Whiplash TwAu flagship but after some time comparing the two, the stock Tralucent is, to my ears, the clear winner. It is hard to imagine a better sound but hey, I have never heard the uber, what do I know??

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #918 of 4,426
Don't feel too bad for not ordering the uber cable as the stock cable sounds stunning when driven via the line-out of the DX90. I did try the Whiplash TwAu flagship but after some time comparing the two, the stock Tralucent is, to my ears, the clear winner. It is hard to imagine a better sound but hey, I have never heard the uber, what do I know??

Wait, so you listen from the line out instead of the headphone out on the DX90? (sorry to go O.T.)

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #919 of 4,426
You know, of course, that this will just keep eating and eating away at you until you are powerless to resist, wallet be damned!

Note to self: disable quote notifications. 
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #920 of 4,426

You know nothing! Keep the wallet warm and safe.  LOL.

Cheers

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #923 of 4,426
Wait, so you listen from the line out instead of the headphone out on the DX90? (sorry to go O.T.)

No, I use the line-out to drive my DAC/Amp One except when out and about, then it is via the headphone out without any extras.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #925 of 4,426
  with my 1plus2, the Uber has rendered my silver/gold pretty useless...havent used the silver/gold since the Uber arrived..

Really that bad?  You can still use your silver/gold on-the-gold though.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #927 of 4,426
  Looks like I have an uber coming in on Sunday..... so pumped............ gonna glue it to my 1p2
etysmile.gif

Finally you took the plunge!  Congratulations.  

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #928 of 4,426
  Finally you took the plunge!  Congratulations.  

haha, thanks... yes, good to have friends... I am buying used from a friend, it was too hard to bargain for this cable because we both know that it sounds fantastic...  I am gonna put my 1p2 in good use! so excited.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #930 of 4,426
haha, thanks... yes, good to have friends... I am buying used from a friend, it was too hard to bargain for this cable because we both know that it sounds fantastic...  I am gonna put my 1p2 in good use! so excited.

Congratulations my friend.. This is what the uber brings

- negates all sibilance
- make the 1plus2 more musical by adding a hint of warmth and body throughout the sound sig with no lost details
- increases the soundstaging like crazy
- completes the 1plus2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back