Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #91 of 4,426
Any pics without the tips attached? I'm particularly curious on the stem (or more importantly the groove to hold the tips in place).

May 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #92 of 4,426
You bet, Sean. I'll get some side-by-side with the 1plus2. Let me get my impressions out and I'll snap a few for ya. 

The stem is very similar to the 1plus2, but a little different curve and such.

May 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #93 of 4,426
  You bet, Sean. I'll get some side-by-side with the 1plus2. Let me get my impressions out and I'll snap a few for ya. 

The stem is very similar to the 1plus2, but a little different curve and such.

SoundFreaq, you said the Ref 1 is not really an upgrade from the 1plus2 right? Basically does things differently. So, the question is, for those who have the 1plus2, would you think purchasing the Ref 1 justifiable? Its more of a side grade I gather.

May 1, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #94 of 4,426
Or, for those who don't have either which one offers a more neutral hi end sound ?

May 1, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #95 of 4,426
  SoundFreaq, you said the Ref 1 is not really an upgrade from the 1plus2 right? Basically does things differently. So, the question is, for those who have the 1plus2, would you think purchasing the Ref 1 justifiable? Its more of a side grade I gather.

What I mean is that I cannot quantify subjectivity and perceived value. I mean the Ref. 1 is not like taking the 1plus2 and simply dialing up the sound quality. They sound different. I think that's a great thing. Do not take that to mean the Ref. 1 is a side-grade, or on the same level, or anything like that. I didn't say that. I mean it's a different earphone. But at the same time, the Tralucent sound is all there. 

I really don't like using the term "better." That is subjective based on your available income, personal biases, and so many different variables, we could be here all night!

The Ref. 1 is the most refined offering from Tralucent yet. And most likely the vast majority of people will prefer it, and call it "better." But I can't decide that for you : )

Make sense?

Looking at the price performance of the Ref. 1 as compared to other offerings in that price range, full-size or otherwise, it is my opinion the price is fully justifiable. 

May 1, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #96 of 4,426

What I mean is that I cannot quantify subjectivity and perceived value. I mean the Ref. 1 is not like taking the 1plus2 and simply dialing up the sound quality. They sound different. I think that's a great thing. Do not take that to mean the Ref. 1 is a side-grade, or on the same level, or anything like that. I didn't say that. I mean it's a different earphone. But at the same time, the Tralucent sound is all there. 

I really don't like using the term "better." That is subjective based on your available income, personal biases, and so many different variables, we could be here all night!

The Ref. 1 is the most refined offering from Tralucent yet. And most likely the vast majority of people will prefer it, and call it "better." But I can't decide that for you : )

Make sense?

Looking at the price performance of the Ref. 1 as compared to other offerings in that price range, full-size or otherwise, it is my opinion the price is fully justifiable. 

Hahahah okay..kinda understand, its just different...Got it..

BUT

Out of the the Tralucent IEMs...if you had to choose, which one would it be? (Sorry to put you in the Spotlight buddy)

May 1, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #97 of 4,426
Ref. 1 
beerchug.gif

Buy both! 
wink.gif
  Sonic impressions coming. 

May 1, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #99 of 4,426
You bet! The beauty of the Ref. 1 is that because it is different, it will be something to definitely check out. It's a whole new world of Tralucent awesomeness. If it were very similar to the 1plus2, that wouldn't be as much fun. 

May 1, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #103 of 4,426
Just a head's up.

I met with a friend/ customer this afternoon, and he had this 2.5mm 4 pole plug for his AK240.

It looks and feels quite robust. I will be trying to source this plug or similar for the AK240 owners who has ordered the Ref.1.

Also of note, there are a few customers who have opted for a balanced Kobiconn and then bought the 2.5mm TRRS to Kobiconn adapter that was shown in the Ak240 thread which also seems a good solution in making things more flexible... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back