Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Apr 16, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #3,016 of 4,426
ROTL! H20, even the most excellent recording and mastering is not going to revive Guigui after it has been butchered... :joy:

I can see it already, Kiats.

A film clip of yourself in the recording studio, wearing Ref.1 Too as studio monitors performing Guigui.

Some side scenes of sprks cruising past the camera in his little Tralucent car.

We could create the ideal Tralucent commercial. 
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,017 of 4,426
I can see it already, Kiats.

A film clip of yourself in the recording studio, wearing Ref.1 Too as studio monitors performing Guigui.

Some side scenes of sprks cruising past the camera in his little Tralucent car.

We could create the ideal Tralucent commercial. :wink:  

:joy:

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #3,018 of 4,426
interested as its been recommended by my friend, so I have some reading to do

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #3,020 of 4,426
Enjoy the read bro!! Which friend recommended these?
wink.gif
must be a great guy, very intelligent, and probably extremely handsome too.
wink.gif

and who else man 

his user name starts with warrior1975 :)

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #3,022 of 4,426
  interested as its been recommended by my friend, so I have some reading to do

If you own Mojo the sub-bass on these Ref.1 models is particularly deep. 

Its starts with pressure building up inside your head, as the bass extends it begins reaching down your throat. I don't understand how its even possible considering the sound waves only hit our eardrums but you actually 'feel' the bass in these areas. That's not an exaggeration.

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #3,023 of 4,426

If you own Mojo the sub-bass on these Ref.1 models is particularly deep. 

Its starts with pressure building up inside your head, as the bass extends it begins reaching down your throat. I don't understand how its even possible considering the sound waves only hit our eardrums but you actually 'feel' the bass in these areas. That's not an exaggeration.

Ok, I have given this a lot of thought before, and here is my conclusion as to why:-

I believe that one has to be exposed to the feel of real bass... No point in saying I can hear a 20Hz note, because a 20 Hz note is actually 50 feet long note and you feel the visceral impact as opposed to hearing it.

Here's the rub, when a bass note or series of notes in an iem or a pair of cans, sound so realistic and true to life, there is only one thing that your body does, and through memory retention it prepares itself for the visceral onslaught of bass!!!

I hope the above helps in some way alleviating the notion as to why our body creates these sensations... 

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #3,024 of 4,426

Ok, I have given this a lot of thought before, and here is my conclusion as to why:-

I believe that one has to be exposed to the feel of real bass... No point in saying I can hear a 20Hz note, because a 20 Hz note is actually 50 feet long note and you feel the visceral impact as opposed to hearing it.

Here's the rub, when a bass note or series of notes in an iem or a pair of cans, sound so realistic and true to life, there is only one thing that your body does, and through memory retention it prepares itself for the visceral onslaught of bass!!!

I hope the above helps in some way alleviating the notion as to why our body creates these sensations... 

You think its some kind of flashback spkrs, the body reacting how it remembers the situation.

Not a bad theory! My thoughts are some form of psychoacoustics similar to how we decipher soundstage width and depth.

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #3,025 of 4,426

You think its some kind of flashback spkrs, the body reacting how it remembers the situation.

Not a bad theory! My thoughts are some form of psychoacoustics similar to how we decipher soundstage width and depth.

Well, soundstage is pretty easy to explain............

As long as the signal is pure throughout the chain, there is soundstage. There has to be as you are hearing the reverse of how the music was captured by the microphone............and since the 80s engineers have created the pseudo soundstage....the singer, two guitarists left and right slight behind, then the keyboard to one side further back and the drums at the back..........

Best to test soundstage is with a mono recording and how a single microphone can capture so much.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #3,027 of 4,426
@warrior1975 

Please tell us you now have your Ref.1 Too? Feels like we've been waiting almost 2-months now. 

After spending several days with Spiral Dot tips I just can't shake some form of treble spike it causes with the original Ref.1 and my ear canals. I liked pretty much everything about the sound but it got to a point I was questioning Ref.1's performance and wasn't enjoying them as much. Spiral Dots are not for me which is a shame because the black housing / black tips on the white Toxic Cable looked awesome.

So obviously I went back the tips I'd always used which are the Heir tips or red core tips we know about.What's interesting is I have quite a few sets of these brand new ready for action. On inspecting them a few sets appear to have a slightly different texture on the walls, I was pinching the tips between my fingers comparing, some of them are actually a little thicker, probably a slight batch difference or tolerance variation. I have put one of the slightly thicker pairs in which I believe has changed the sound/seal once again.

Its a good sound, how I've always heard and enjoyed my Ref.1. (and no more treble spike)

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #3,028 of 4,426
  @warrior1975 

Please tell us you now have your Ref.1 Too? Feels like we've been waiting almost 2-months now. 

After spending several days with Spiral Dot tips I just can't shake some form of treble spike it causes with the original Ref.1 and my ear canals. I liked pretty much everything about the sound but it got to a point I was questioning Ref.1's performance and wasn't enjoying them as much. Spiral Dots are not for me which is a shame because the black housing / black tips on the white Toxic Cable looked awesome.

So obviously I went back the tips I'd always used which are the Heir tips or red core tips we know about.What's interesting is I have quite a few sets of these brand new ready for action. On inspecting them a few sets appear to have a slightly different texture on the walls, I was pinching the tips between my fingers comparing, some of them are actually a little thicker, probably a slight batch difference or tolerance variation. I have put one of the slightly thicker pairs in which I believe has changed the sound/seal once again.

Its a good sound, how I've always heard and enjoyed my Ref.1. (and no more treble spike)

He does not, yet! They have been delayed a week.

And my apologies to @warrior1975. However, I will be shipping them out to him before flying to Tokyo on Wednesday...

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #3,029 of 4,426
@warrior1975

I had the exact same experience with the spinfits. And The spiral dots I couldn't get a nice fit. I loved the spiral dots with my asg2.5 however.

My favourite tip was the ones that come with my mentors. However they fit shallow and insecure so static listening only.

When moving I found the best bet to be the ortofons.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #3,030 of 4,426

He does not, yet! They have been delayed a week.

And my apologies to @warrior1975. However, I will be shipping them out to him before flying to Tokyo on Wednesday...

so i guess i can ask here for a basshead which one is the one to go for the ref1 or 5plus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back