Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Nov 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #2,296 of 4,426
The one thing I received from Gavin, well besides an amazing iem that I love, is honesty. He turned me away from two of his products, which he could have easily sold to me. Uber and an Uber IC. The Uber due to my listening habits, the IC because I was already running a fully balanced Rwak120b, he told me the setup I had would have been better. Gavin is a honest individual, and I have nothing but respect for him. I'm sure he would have given an honest answer.

Pete, as far as him not responding... I personally can't answer that, other than he did overlook one of my PM'S, but did get back to me and apologized. I'm not sure if pm's are the best method to communicate with Gavin.

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #2,297 of 4,426
The one thing I received from Gavin, well besides an amazing iem that I love, is honesty. He turned me away from two of his products, which he could have easily sold to me. Uber and an Uber IC. The Uber due to my listening habits, the IC because I was already running a fully balanced Rwak120b, he told me the setup I had would have been better. Gavin is a honest individual, and I have nothing but respect for him. I'm sure he would have given an honest answer.

I have received the same honesty from Gavin, too. If he likes the products, he would recommend them even if those are from other earphones or cable makers. It's how I got to purchase Fitear C435 and Earsonics Velvet.

By the way, I have also heard the new Uber cable that gives a substantial refinement upgrade to the Ref 1. Too bad I cant afford it yet and also the fact that I have glued my Ref 1 to the stock silver/gold cable.

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #2,298 of 4,426
I haven't glued my Ref 1 yet, but I'm getting ready to... Perhaps I should wait... Probably not a good idea, waiting that is.

CHG, can you share how you glued your Ref 1? What type of glue? I never really paid attention as I never had any issues with the cable popping in and out, however, with my new cable I am experiencing it, quite frustrating.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #2,299 of 4,426
Hmmmm....I'm going to have to -speculate- how he would think but (& not to be rude) that would be hard for him to answer, wouldn't it? It's a question of how he feels of another manufacturer's cable vs his stock on his IEM?

hey, dunno if i entirely agree with you, ironically what your saying is that hes flat out ignoring me based on that my question has no relevance?  Speculation ofcourse, but if so that is actually quite rude of him! Even a simple reply with 'No, sorry i dont have any experience with Whiplash cables' would more then suffice. Anyway i dont know him personally, im sure he is a stand up guy face to face.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #2,300 of 4,426
I haven't glued my Ref 1 yet, but I'm getting ready to... Perhaps I should wait... Probably not a good idea, waiting that is.

CHG, can you share how you glued your Ref 1? What type of glue? I never really paid attention as I never had any issues with the cable popping in and out, however, with my new cable I am experiencing it, quite frustrating.

Rich, I heard the glue dots are good to use (was mentioned here some pages back)

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,302 of 4,426
Thanks Pete, I'll check into them.

Warrior1975, any sort of water soluble glue will pretty much do the trick. As long as it's the sort which can be detached, if the need arises. Art and craft glue that is used in schools does the trick. :)

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #2,304 of 4,426
Ok. How do I do it exactly? I don't want to mess this up.

I recall there was a post by Gavin or someone on how to apply the glue. At this stage, I recall clearly Gavin's warning to be careful not to get the glue into the sockets for the pins. :)

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #2,308 of 4,426

hey, dunno if i entirely agree with you, ironically what your saying is that hes flat out ignoring me based on that my question has no relevance?  Speculation ofcourse, but if so that is actually quite rude of him! Even a simple reply with 'No, sorry i dont have any experience with Whiplash cables' would more then suffice. Anyway i dont know him personally, im sure he is a stand up guy face to face.

I'll take this offline with you as it's OT to this thread.

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #2,310 of 4,426
I've never had an issue with Gavin either...But I know Monoboy and he is a good bro, what he says is definitely true... But back on topic, who is going to help me glue a come to my very expensive IEM???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back