Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 21, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #211 of 794
So tempted to order some of these tomorrow before the offer runs out. Has anyone from UK received them yet? Any customs issues?

These will be my first dual-driver IEMs. :D

PS. Are these going to be available from MP4Nation Amazon.co.uk store anytime soon??

EDIT: Also, has anyone tested these with Trance music?? I'm a Trance DJ and it would be nice to know if I'll be just wasting my time buying these or if it's really worth a shot... thanks!

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #212 of 794
Quote:
So tempted to order some of these tomorrow before the offer runs out. Has anyone from UK received them yet? Any customs issues?
These will be my first dual-driver IEMs.
biggrin.gif

PS. Are these going to be available from MP4Nation Amazon.co.uk store anytime soon??
EDIT: Also, has anyone tested these with Trance music?? I'm a Trance DJ and it would be nice to know if I'll be just wasting my time buying these or if it's really worth a shot... thanks!

I would let you know for sure, I'm getting mine tomorrow and I listen to mostly Trance

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #213 of 794
Quote:
Does all Tuesday transaction with FedEx option are shipped already? My friend ordered two pairs together with mine to be shipped here in the Philippines.  I just want to know if those R1 are heading here already.

Thanks

HEY DONT WORRY. It will be shipped with no payment for Customs. I've bought Braiwavz B2 with free FIiO E6  when it was at $129.50. MIne arrived at Cebu, Philippines and I picked them up at Fedex Cebu Office.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #216 of 794
Quote:
are this better that m4? 

I found the M4 to be technically better by a little bit (tighter mid-bass, clearer mids).  They have a similar signature though. 

EDIT: I'm planning on beginning my review this week.  Hopefully be done writing by the end of the week.  I have my third of three midterms this week as well, so writing begins after. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #217 of 794
If anyone is waiting for reviews, I would just bite the bullet already and get them.  They are $35 not $350, if they sound decent then you will have a nice pair of headphones that you can abuse without worrying about destroying them, so if they last a year and sound good then you have come out ahead.

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #218 of 794
Quote:

I found the M4 to be technically better by a little bit (tighter mid-bass, clearer mids).  They have a similar signature though. 

EDIT: I'm planning on beginning my review this week.  Hopefully be done writing by the end of the week.  I have my third of three midterms this week as well, so writing begins after. 

Thanks for the impression. Think I've got enough pairs of headphones for now then. Good luck for the midterms!

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #219 of 794
Hi there..

The offer is still active as i can see.

I always bought my self Meelec headphones, but as i see this one is dual armature..

My very first headphone was M9 (basshead), second M6( basshead) and the last one is M11 (balanced)..

Can someone please tell me what will be the diffrence in the sound if i bought those pairs?
I dont know the glossary terms yet, i'm trying to, but its really not easy to learn those terms without listenning.

Would this pair work fine with trance? Or just vocals? Jazz?
I was just gonna buy my buddy another M11 (he likes classic music)
Should i also prefer those to him.
Please help guys, i dont want to miss the offer, as its the last day..

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #220 of 794
Quote:
My very first headphone was M9 (basshead), second M6( basshead) and the last one is M11 (balanced)..

Can someone please tell me what will be the diffrence in the sound if i bought those pairs?

I've used the Meelec M6 and M21. I believe you'll find a big difference in the sound of the Brainwavz R1, especially if its sound signature is like what tinyman392 says. I have the M4, which tiny says the R1 sound like, and it's got a much more enjoyable sound signature compared with the two Meelec ones to my ears. I listen to all sorts of music except heavy metal: electronica, acoustic, jazz, classical etc. The M4 is great for all these genres (IMHO) and I'm guessing the R1 would be too. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #221 of 794
Quote:
Hi there..

The offer is still active as i can see.

I always bought my self Meelec headphones, but as i see this one is dual armature..

I dont know the glossary terms yet, i'm trying to, but its really not easy to learn those terms without listenning.

they are dual dynamics not armature.

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #222 of 794
I for one hope I don't find that the R1 sounds like the M4. I'm not a fan of the M4 at all. The sound is too thin to my ears. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #223 of 794
Ok so I got my pair. The soundstage is wide yes.. but EVERYTHING seems very distant (specially the vocals) and isn't even LOUD enough to "feel" all the instruments. I've tried multiple sources and different tips. If I have to describe it.. it kind of feels like small speakers placed in the corners of my room at the back on the top. Does burn in help with this? Edit: I would also like to mention that I had the M1 before this which I lost.. and the PL30 and I absolutely loved those. I was thinking these would be on similar lines.. the bass is. The rest of the spectrum I can't realy feel or hear.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #224 of 794
Just jumped on the bandwagon.
I have also ordered a pair of Xears Xe2Pro but I am fearing I will get the same result I got with the (horrible)TD4s. I opted for free airmail and I am in Romania so it will probably take a month to get here. No worries, I am patient.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #225 of 794
Quote:
Ok so I got my pair. The soundstage is wide yes.. but EVERYTHING seems very distant (specially the vocals) and isn't even LOUD enough to "feel" all the instruments. I've tried multiple sources and different tips. If I have to describe it.. it kind of feels like small speakers placed in the corners of my room at the back on the top. Does burn in help with this? Edit: I would also like to mention that I had the M1 before this which I lost.. and the PL30 and I absolutely loved those. I was thinking these would be on similar lines.. the bass is. The rest of the spectrum I can't realy feel or hear.

It shouldn't sound like that, you somewhat describe the sound that can happen when you use a mic version on a device that doesn't support TRSS connector. Is yours with mic?

edit: nm, i see you tried it on different devices. Try and see if you can get a better seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back