Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #151 of 794
Well we're now on day 3 in the Fedex queue...wonder if they will actually ship them.  An order update or something would be nice.  I mean I got the shipping notification on Tuesday...yet...they haven't shipped.  Bizarre.  Never seen this before.  Hate to be a whiner and ruin this thread, but I know Raz reads it, so hoping he can at least shed some light on why this is happening.

It takes a few days get orders out, he just got them in two days ago.... He always tries to get the shipping information out as soon as he can, but it still takes a while to get the orders out the door. He isn't a huge business like Amazon, have a little patience, it will be shipped soon enough.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #152 of 794
Quote:
It takes a few days get orders out, he just got them in two days ago.... He always tries to get the shipping information out as soon as he can, but it still takes a while to get the orders out the door. He isn't a huge business like Amazon, have a little patience, it will be shipped soon enough.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going out of town tomorrow for 8-10 days so hopefully mine will be here when I return.. Hopefully there will be many more user impressions to read by that time since many will have their R1 before I will..

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #153 of 794
Quote:
Oh I know they're a dual dynamic but I think I'm going to pass on them, thanks for the info.  I'm going to wait and maybe get the H-100K or see how the Nocs NS600 reviews are. The Nocs look like the use a micro dynamic driver (5.78mm) for the highs and a larger one (8mm) for lows which I haven't seen in a dual dynamic setup yet.

Interesting that you would be looking at these $40 Brainwavz vs. $150 Nocs. Is there some sort of coupon code for Nocs that I don't know about?

I'm a bit worried about the lack of sensitivity on the Brainwavz. Do they sound hollow when pushed by only your computer or phone? Or do they just not get as loud as they would if you amped them?

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #154 of 794
Quote:
Interesting that you would be looking at these $40 Brainwavz vs. $150 Nocs. Is there some sort of coupon code for Nocs that I don't know about?

I'm a bit worried about the lack of sensitivity on the Brainwavz. Do they sound hollow when pushed by only your computer or phone? Or do they just not get as loud as they would if you amped them?

It doesn't have a lack of sensitivity, it just benefits from a boost to add a bit of volume is all I meant by what I said. It works just fine without amping.

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #155 of 794
Quote:
I can't persuade my friend to purchase the r1 through mp4nation for me as he said he isn't sure if its a safe seller or not
frown.gif

MP4nation is pretty much THE Brainwavz reseller, they're listed on the Brainwavz website on "Where to buy". I've never heard of a case of a package not arriving or big dissatisfactions (one guy once said that after his IEMs broke the customer service wasn't that good, but I've read a lot of contrary opinions). Maybe your friend isn't used to online shopping.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #156 of 794
Quote:

MP4nation is pretty much THE Brainwavz reseller, they're listed on the Brainwavz website on "Where to buy". I've never heard of a case of a package not arriving or big dissatisfactions (one guy once said that after his IEMs broke the customer service wasn't that good, but I've read a lot of contrary opinions). Maybe your friend isn't used to online shopping.

Well, as far as I know it's not correct to call mp4nation a brainwavz reseller as the brainwavz products are released by mp4nation and I think Raz is actually involved in the development of a lot of the products. So, mp4nation is actually the safest seller of brainwavz products.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #157 of 794
Quote:
It doesn't have a lack of sensitivity, it just benefits from a boost to add a bit of volume is all I meant by what I said. It works just fine without amping.

Great! Thanks for the reply. Hoping Joker gets these to add to his ginormous IEM review thread.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #158 of 794
My shipping info has been sent to FedEx, so it shouldn't be much longer 
redface.gif

Quote:
Well, as far as I know it's not correct to call mp4nation a brainwavz reseller as the brainwavz products are released by mp4nation and I think Raz is actually involved in the development of a lot of the products. So, mp4nation is actually the safest seller of brainwavz products.

My point was what you expressed better: if you're going to buy something from Brainwavz, do it through M4nation.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #162 of 794
i am on the fence now, MP4Nation doesn't response to ANY form of communication at all. Be it email, web chat, facebook, none............
dragon2knight, for the work/support u gave, u should be paid handsomely by MP4Nation. It is just a shame when the production people came out with a such product with such interesting price point but hampered by the incompetent marketing front.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #163 of 794
I too jumped on the hype and purchased the R1's with FEDEX shipping from MP4 Nation. It was finally shipped out this morning.

I currently use the soundmagic e30's and I'm satsified with it. I like it's balanced signature and the ability to put out a natural sound with a touch of warmness.

I'm looking for something like the e30 with more bass impact and a wider sound stage. From what I've read, I believe the R1's are just that. Let's just hope that I'm correct on this.. I really want this to be an upgrade to the e30's not a downgrade.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #164 of 794
I am also VERY curious to know how it compares to the Audio Technica CKM500. If R1's are supposed to sound like M2's with wider soundstage, it's characteristics should be similar to the CKM500. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back