Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #121 of 794
Quote:
Well, I don't like the M4's much either, so have no fears here, the R1's sound nothing like it. It's closer to the M2's, just better/more mature all around,especially in the quality of the bass and much better high end. 

Good dragon2knight. Would you call the sound signature 2-Dish or 3-Dish. For example, the FXD80 is very 3-Dish with it's sound signature. The GR07 is a great sounding IEM to me, but it's quite 2-Dish to me.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #122 of 794
Hows the detail, I know you say they have good detail but do they have as much as your B2 because I find it hard to believe a $40 IEM is going to have the detail of a dual BA.  Because there so cheap I think I'm going to pick up a pair just to see and then give them to one of my relatives for X-mas.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #123 of 794
Quote:
Good dragon2knight. Would you call the sound signature 2-Dish or 3-Dish. For example, the FXD80 is very 3-Dish with it's sound signature. The GR07 is a great sounding IEM to me, but it's quite 2-Dish to me.

Definitely more towards 3-Dish.It surrounds you more and has a full signature. Thats what I like about it, very "above it's weight class" because of it.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #124 of 794
Quote:
Hows the detail, I know you say they have good detail but do they have as much as your B2 because I find it hard to believe a $40 IEM is going to have the detail of a dual BA.  Because there so cheap I think I'm going to pick up a pair just to see and then give them to one of my relatives for X-mas.

Do understand that these have dual dynamic drivers, which, if tuned right, will produce a superior soundstage to a single dynamic IEM. So, yes, the R1's can have a very spacious signature very similar to a higher end IEM like the B2. Is it better? Nope, just similar to it. The B2's trump the R1's in the mids, but the bass is superior on the R1's...they don't sound the same, but they both have great detail, and I would recommend the R1's to anyone who want's great sound quality on the cheap...try them out, you might not give them away after doing so 
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #125 of 794
Oh I know they're a dual dynamic but I think I'm going to pass on them, thanks for the info.  I'm going to wait and maybe get the H-100K or see how the Nocs NS600 reviews are. The Nocs look like the use a micro dynamic driver (5.78mm) for the highs and a larger one (8mm) for lows which I haven't seen in a dual dynamic setup yet.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #126 of 794
Quote:
Oh I know they're a dual dynamic but I think I'm going to pass on them, thanks for the info.  I'm going to wait and maybe get the H-100K or see how the Nocs NS600 reviews are. The Nocs look like the use a micro dynamic driver (5.78mm) for the highs and a larger one (8mm) for lows which I haven't seen in a dual dynamic setup yet.

The Nocs sound interesting...just might try them out myself, thank you for that info 
smile.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #128 of 794
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #129 of 794
Quote:
See this link for a review of these with the mic...it may prove a problem as it seems to sit a bit high after being wrapped over your ear....I'll let you decide.
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/f46/brainwavz-r1-mini-review-dual-dynamic-driver-earphones-18377/

If the past is any indication I'm sure Raz will correct that problem in future R1 releases if people are having issues with the mic sitting too high.

Also thanks for the update on the sound D2K.. Sounds good.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #130 of 794
Quote:

If the past is any indication I'm sure Raz will correct that problem in future R1 releases if people are having issues with the mic sitting too high.

Also thanks for the update on the sound D2K.. Sounds good.

I'm sure he will, its just odd it wasn't caught before the first production run.... Ah well, no ones perfect 
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #132 of 794
I just got word from Razzer over on MP4NATION that the R1's are shipping in the next couple of days, so you folks should be getting yours very soon :)
Anyone exited about that? :wink:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #133 of 794
Well, I got the email with the tracking number today. There wasn't free fedex for me though, so I'll receive mine next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back