Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #107 of 794
Quote:
I haven't messed around with my clip+ in nearly a year.... And when I did mess with it, I used a setup that was suggested on a forum. There are tons of settings to play with, but it can get complicated and it is easy to screw up. I played it safe.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

So did you get a balanced sound from the r1 because you used the settings (I suppose that is eq setting?) on your clip+ or is it balanced on its own?

It's balanced on it's own. I used my home stereo and my phone set to neutral to determine that.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #108 of 794
is it possible to tak a pic of you wearing it? would like to see how does it look like wearing over-the-ears.. and does it fit the sony hybrids? thanks a lot.

If you go over to mp4nation.net, there's another review by a mod called maderin1 that shows a picture of him wearing it. It also points out that there may be a problem with the R1's with a remote. It seems like the remote part sits a little high when the R1's are worn over the ear. Check out his review, it's a good one :)

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #109 of 794
is it possible to tak a pic of you wearing it? would like to see how does it look like wearing over-the-ears.. and does it fit the sony hybrids? thanks a lot.

If you go over to mp4nation.net, there's another review by a mod called maderin1 that shows a picture of him wearing it. It also points out that there may be a problem with the R1's with a remote. It seems like the remote part sits a little high when the R1's are worn over the ear. Check out his review, it's a good one :)

I forgot to mention that it is under the brainwavz section on the forum. I believe the link for the review is in this thread somewhere.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #110 of 794
Quote:
If you go over to mp4nation.net, there's another review by a mod called maderin1 that shows a picture of him wearing it. It also points out that there may be a problem with the R1's with a remote. It seems like the remote part sits a little high when the R1's are worn over the ear. Check out his review, it's a good one
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you mind posting the link as I can't find it anywhere
frown.gif
Edit: Also can you compare the differences in bass and mids between the r1 and the b2 in more detail? Thanks.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #111 of 794
Quote:
frown.gif
Edit: Also can you compare the differences in bass and mids between the r1 and the b2 in more detail? Thanks.

Here's the review although you might need to register to read it and see pics.. http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/f46/brainwavz-r1-mini-review-dual-dynamic-driver-earphones-18377/

Hey D2K.. As there been any changes to the R1's sound since you've been using them compared to the sound right out of the box?

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #112 of 794
Quote:
frown.gif

Here's the review although you might need to register to read it and see pics.. http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/f46/brainwavz-r1-mini-review-dual-dynamic-driver-earphones-18377/

Hey D2K.. As there been any changes to the R1's sound since you've been using them compared to the sound right out of the box?

Thanks for the link :) So far so good. The R1's have opened up a bit more after around 200 plus hours of use by me. I've been using them exclusively since I got them, and I am liking them more and more every day. They are perfect for travel with no need to worry about if you bang them up.....they are cheap to replace if I have to :wink: I simply love the sound on these.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #113 of 794
Quote:
If you go over to mp4nation.net, there's another review by a mod called maderin1 that shows a picture of him wearing it. It also points out that there may be a problem with the R1's with a remote. It seems like the remote part sits a little high when the R1's are worn over the ear. Check out his review, it's a good one
smily_headphones1.gif

EDITED***

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #114 of 794
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

frown.gif

The link is above :)
As for bass difference between the two, the R1's have more of it, and it's well layered, with lots of detail. The B2's are also detailed, but not as deep as the R1's are.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #119 of 794
Well if the R1 sounds anything like the M4, I won't like it. So I hope it doesn't sound like the M4.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #120 of 794
Quote:
Well if the R1 sounds anything like the M4, I won't like it. So I hope it doesn't sound like the M4.

Well, I don't like the M4's much either, so have no fears here, the R1's sound nothing like it. It's closer to the M2's, just better/more mature all around,especially in the quality of the bass and much better high end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back