Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001
Nov 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #166 of 308
R3 will probably be worth it. Dat synergy, meng. Match made in heaven IMO.

works nice with flatter bass phones line R3 and delta , doppois , unless you want huge bass , putting S5 to it makes it a heavy bass iem like ma750 .

From all the impression I am reading, and as one of the reviewer of Delta, no doubt, go for the R3 and AP-001 :wink:

TY gents...:wink: I actually made up mind already when I received the deal 2/3 days ago to go with R3+AP001,just little after I placed the order for GR07CE.....and kova too suggested just like you guys....btw, I do consider R3 is bwavz's indeigenous TOTL iem, tho B2 is re-brand of FA dba2 and now with improvised pre-mould ear hooks (v2) and the current pre-season deal price,its a steal.....for both.

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #168 of 308
Quick questions - as it might just be my unit .......

• Anyone getting a rather large static pop if unplugging the source input plug?
  • Anyone having issues with the audio not always being recognised (ie amp doesn't fire up) - and have to plug and replug source to make it recognise input?
  • Anyone having audio suddenly die on them - even though there is heaps of battery (newly charged) - and having to replug source to get blue light back on.

All of above is infrequent - but is happening more than once.  I've had audio die 3 times in the last 3 hours (random).  It's a bit annoying.

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #169 of 308

1. Anyone getting a rather large static pop if unplugging the source input plug?
  2. Anyone having issues with the audio not always being recognised (ie amp doesn't fire up) - and have to plug and replug source to make it recognise input?
  3. Anyone having audio suddenly die on them - even though there is heaps of battery (newly charged) - and having to replug source to get blue light back on.

All of above is infrequent - but is happening more than once.  I've had audio die 3 times in the last 3 hours (random).  It's a bit annoying.

1. Yes
2. No
3. No

:wink:

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #170 of 308
Arrrgh

Why does it happen to me .......

I had two pairs of Deltas with channel imbalance as well (which is why I never reviewed them).

Guess I've just been unlucky so far 
frown.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #172 of 308
same here , that sound is there , but no other problems at all for now .

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #173 of 308
Placed an order last night. AP001 + Delta. Had the old version R3 and the Delta will become a Christmas gift for someone. Good to know that it has good synergy with the R3 making it a sweet deal for me. Thanks guys for the impressions and thoughts.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #174 of 308
Okay, thoughts on battery life. I gave them a full charge last night, let them run on the iPad driving an R3 and an S0 simultaneously (at a comforrtable listening level, of course), and left them running from around 10 PM to 9 AM.

They were still running. 
blink.gif
I haven't recharged them yet, but I didn't want to push on to over the 13 hour mark. Still, they perform as advertised, which is great. It's a great first impression coming from Brainwavz' first amp.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #175 of 308
Nice to see some reviews on this low-costing guy!
I got a couple questions if you guys don't mind too much.
I've had my fair share of under $300 headphones/IEMs, but I never bothered with an amp all this time. Right now, I'm mostly using my Shure SE215, V-Moda M100, and Sony XBA-C10P. 
I'm running my music out of my LG G2 (and maybe Note 4 soon) mostly.
I understand this amp seems to make the sound darker, but if you guys were me, what would you think? Any potential decent pairings/benefit?

Thanks- Cheers.

Edit: 
Just in case people didn't already know and were interested- The AP001 also comes free with the purchase of the HM9.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #176 of 308
I'm going to try AP001 with my Samsung Tab2 and a movie later on today.

Could it be... Cinema Max in a match box?

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #177 of 308

• Anyone getting a rather large static pop if unplugging the source input plug?
  • Anyone having issues with the audio not always being recognised (ie amp doesn't fire up) - and have to plug and replug source to make it recognise input?
  • Anyone having audio suddenly die on them - even though there is heaps of battery (newly charged) - and having to replug source to get blue light back on.

Yes
Yes 
Yes

For some reason if refuses to recognise my Clip+ 

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #178 of 308
  Nice to see some reviews on this low-costing guy!
I got a couple questions if you guys don't mind too much.
I've had my fair share of under $300 headphones/IEMs, but I never bothered with an amp all this time. Right now, I'm mostly using my Shure SE215, V-Moda M100, and Sony XBA-C10P. 
I'm running my music out of my LG G2 (and maybe Note 4 soon) mostly.
I understand this amp seems to make the sound darker, but if you guys were me, what would you think? Any potential decent pairings/benefit?

Thanks- Cheers.

Edit: 
Just in case people didn't already know and were interested- The AP001 also comes free with the purchase of the HM9.

Haven't really tried any of the cans/IEMs you mentioned, but from reviews, I don't think the AP001 will do well with any of those mentioned gear.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #179 of 308
  Haven't really tried any of the cans/IEMs you mentioned, but from reviews, I don't think the AP001 will do well with any of those mentioned gear.

Thanks, thatBeatsguy!

Just realized I also have 350 points to use on their site from a pair of Brainwavz R1 that I bought from them a really long time ago. 
$21.02 ​
total for a pair of Deltas and an amp can't be bad. I'll sleep on it I guess haha.
Any other opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back