Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001
Nov 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #153 of 308

no switch , its artificial intelligence , it knows by itself ..

Uh huh! AI, :D......yeah its like what I quoted couple of pages back,6-10db BB....thought you guys were agreed a tag line bass boost.:p...anyway one has to BUY IT and HEAR IT to believe it......that said,wil be.soon in my inventory(small)....:wink: hope this will replace my E06 by looking at the impressions,so far......will be glad. :D

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #155 of 308
yeah, so its active throughout.....now have to decide this w/delta or w/R3....former is budgeted latter is relaxed spend.but yeah theres a trade-off.
wink.gif

R3 will probably be worth it. Dat synergy, meng. Match made in heaven IMO.

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #156 of 308
yeah, so its active throughout.....now have to decide this w/delta or w/R3....former is budgeted latter is relaxed spend.but yeah theres a trade-off.
wink.gif

works nice with flatter bass phones line R3 and delta , doppois , unless you want huge bass , putting S5 to it makes it a heavy bass iem like ma750 .

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #159 of 308
  And the best part? Mids & treble = unaffected.
Huge win for Brainwavz right here. 
biggrin.gif

exactly , blessing for those , who have an expression like " i hope this had some more bass " .

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #162 of 308
yeah, so its active throughout.....now have to decide this w/delta or w/R3....former is budgeted latter is relaxed spend.but yeah theres a trade-off. :wink:

From all the impression I am reading, and as one of the reviewer of Delta, no doubt, go for the R3 and AP-001 :wink:

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #163 of 308
AP003 will be interesting . lets compete with fiio !!

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #164 of 308
  Agreed. Although I would like to see an actual BB off switch and maybe its own volume control in a possible AP002.

When I first turned on AP001 I immediately looked for the BB switch. 

After discovering its locked on I came to terms and went with it!

An alternative is to take full control of the BB by reducing it from a rockboxed Clip+ or Zip EQ. (which I think is wonderful synergy to begin with)

I agree, a switch on AP002 is a good idea. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #165 of 308

When I first turned on AP001 I immediately looked for the BB switch. 

After discovering its locked on I came to terms and went with it!

An alternative is to take full control of the BB by reducing it from a rockboxed Clip+ or Zip EQ. (which I think is wonderful synergy to begin with)

I agree, a switch on AP002 is a good idea. 

I agree. Although before even turning it on, I was already looking for any switch that I could use. The gap in the right side could've been used for a BB switch, though. It doesn't matter, since this is still their first try at it. but I'd lvoe to see what they would be able to do with a design of their very own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back