Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #121 of 308
Yes I get the hiss as well. I also get a lot of emi interference when it's connected to my phone (HTC One M7). Does anyone else get this as well?

E6 hisses with very sensitive iem's like brainwavz m3 and that is very very audible.
But sure havi is opposite of insensitive
rolleyes.gif
AND doses not hiss with e6.
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #122 of 308

E6 hisses with very sensitive iem's like brainwavz m3 and that is very very audible.
But sure havi is opposite of insensitive
rolleyes.gif
AND doses not hiss with e6.
wink.gif

same here too , it dont hiss with S0 or S5 , but with doppios .

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #123 of 308
and after 30 hrs of burning , S0 has become clearer and more V-shaped .

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #124 of 308
  and after 30 hrs of burning , S0 has become clearer and more V-shaped .

Well, after about 80 hours, I agree. The treble finally opened up some time after about 50 hours (which OOTB sounded polite like the R3). The warm tonality is good, but not something that gives me eargasms anymore, having heard a lot of these kinds of IEMs. Right now, I'm pretty sure these have settled in nicely, but will push on to 100 hours before making my final judgements in the review. Also, I will have to wait for the AP001 and add in some thoughts with an amp in the mix.

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #125 of 308
  Well, after about 80 hours, I agree. The treble finally opened up some time after about 50 hours (which OOTB sounded polite like the R3). The warm tonality is good, but not something that gives me eargasms anymore, having heard a lot of these kinds of IEMs. Right now, I'm pretty sure these have settled in nicely, but will push on to 100 hours before making my final judgements in the review. Also, I will have to wait for the AP001 and add in some thoughts with an amp in the mix.

nothing more , this amp gives more volume and boosts bass up , and some mids 2-3 db of mids .

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #126 of 308
Well, I finally received by AP001 amp, and wow. This thing is a LOT smaller than the pictures make it look. And I just realized that this thing is incapable of turning the bass boost off...I'm now betting this thing is more like a Digizoid ZO2 (or is it Z02?).

Anyways, I'm not going to be reviewing IEMs with these, seieng the bass boost can't be turned off (which will gravely affect my sound opinions). Still, not bad though -- they made the R3s sound a lot more fun (although they now sound darker as a result).

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #127 of 308
Nov 4, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #130 of 308
Arrived today - charging now - seriously small unit .....

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #132 of 308
 it can be free i think , guys at brainwavz are wise and brave for sure , other things are to be seen , and all brainwavz need is a top class earphone .

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #134 of 308
Okay, time for some quick impressions:

The bass boost is honestly nicely centered in the bass region. So far, I don't seem to notice the boost bleeding into the midrange.
They don't work well for the S0 and S5, but they work really well with the R3, which I felt needed a nice boost to the bass to make it sound more fun. 

Will do some more listening once I get the S0 review out of the way.

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #135 of 308
Okay, time for some quick impressions:

The bass boost is honestly nicely centered in the bass region. So far, I don't seem to notice the boost bleeding into the midrange.
They don't work well for the S0 and S5, but they work really well with the R3, which I felt needed a nice boost to the bass to make it sound more fun. 

Will do some more listening once I get the S0 review out of the way.

Great to hear. I guess there's a reason it's being bundled with the R3 right now on MP4Nation. I'm glad I ordered them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back