Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Jan 18, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #812 of 1,463
Just to add, before someone comments that I said it would all be out by mid of the week and now its looking it will be Friday, do remember i do not own a crystal ball, i can only give our best estimate and we can only produce so many per day, if something happens to slow production or we have units that don't pass our qc then this will affect how fast we can fulfill the orders.

I understand your point, but this is the first post when mentioning dates when you have used the word "estimate". When you tell people a date and you don't qualify that with a modifier like approximate or estimated, it is not unreasonable to think that is a firm date.

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #813 of 1,463
I should be getting my pre-order IEMs tomorrow. I'll take some unboxing photos and post a quick impressions and comparisons based on what I've owned in the past which were vsonic Gr07, Westone 3 , 1more Triple Driver

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #814 of 1,463
I just got an email saying mine will be here next week. @razzer001 may have been off by a few days, but certainly not a Trinity situation. Glad to see that for sure.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #816 of 1,463
I got my tracking notice last Friday that my B400's reached New York (less than 4 hours from my house). I always receive my orders in 2-3 days once they arrive in New York, but I still haven't gotten these ones yet, ugh. This has been a painful wait, but hopefully worth it in the end!

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #818 of 1,463
i've been using it now for 2 months, the bass has some power but tend to roll off quite early so if you listen to bass heavy genre may be disappointed but for vocals, orchestral and piano, it's a great device.....

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #821 of 1,463
I am a little confused. The frequency measurements show actually enough bass.
Significantly more bass (approximately 7db) as at 1kHz, even in the low bass range.

The bass on these is fairly plentiful, esp. for an all-BA unit. Unless you're a total basshead or are getting a poor seal, it should be enough for most people.

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #822 of 1,463
The bass on these is fairly plentiful, esp. for an all-BA unit. Unless you're a total basshead or are getting a poor seal, it should be enough for most people.

Seems right to me. Fairly neutral bass could be perceived as somewhat anemic by today's headphone tuning stadards, specially for headphones not targeted to audiophiles

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #823 of 1,463
I don't know, I still feel that the subbass doesn't have the best depth/impact ratio. For an all BA yes it's very satisfying, compared to a well tuned DD it still lags behind imo. I really like the B400 and it's signature suites my preferences well but it's not a iem I'd recommend to someone listening mostly to music that depends on deep bass. Ymmw (obviously).

For the record I certainly do not consider myself a basshead

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #824 of 1,463
Ah. Those last few latest posts there. I'm having those Havi thread flashbacks again. Fingers are itching to pull the trigger, these sound more and more like my next upgrade.

Very reminiscent to what I remember reading back then, before I finally tested, bought, and felt reluctant to remove them from my ears.

I can't pull the trigger yet though. Gotta demo then first. I'll chill for a while more whilst silently hatin' on you guys who're enjoying them B400's atm. :)

The deja vu is strong!

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #825 of 1,463
I don't know, I still feel that the subbass doesn't have the best depth/impact ratio. For an all BA yes it's very satisfying, compared to a well tuned DD it still lags behind imo. I really like the B400 and it's signature suites my preferences well but it's not a iem I'd recommend to someone listening mostly to music that depends on deep bass. Ymmw (obviously).

For the record I certainly do not consider myself a basshead

I understand your point. Coming from a Stax rig that lacked bass from 70 Hz downwards, these IEMs seems bass heaven to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back