Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Jan 4, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #736 of 1,463
Yesterday a driver (possibly two, im no expert) went out in my right earpiece entirely. The right earpiece only plays at about half the volume of the left now, and the problem is not fixed by cable swapping, nor is the bore dirty/clogged.

Despite the issues that i’ve had with the B400’s, they sound fantastic and obviously are priced incredibly competitively. Will be making contact with Brainwavz support about my unit.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #737 of 1,463
Just a update on batch 3 - we are now in production of this batch, the first load will leave early next week :)

Unfortunately i have decided to drop all color options apart from black for now, i just don't feel we are yet up to a level to produce color variants apart from black on a consistent level to a quality we are satisfied with. Any 3rd batch buyers with a color option other than black will be contacted by our support team to change the color to black or frosty.

I'm wondering if you came up against more issues than you first thought since changing to the 3D shells with both B200v2 and B400? There seems to be quite a few quality control issues popping up since both their releases. I have all three of the first 100, 150 and 200 and had no sound issues whatsoever, the only gripe I had was the cable on the original B200... which after returning i went out and bought again on eBay cos i love the sound. I did this because the B200v2 i received had seriously distorted sound on both sides. Which i received a very quick refund on btw so can't fault the customer support.

Do you think you should have given it more time before releasing the new models? Don't get me wrong, you're no Trinity Audio!

Jan 5, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #738 of 1,463
Do you think you should have given it more time before releasing the new models? Don't get me wrong, you're no Trinity Audio!

Nope. I understand where you are coming from and how your view has been formed, in your case with one side having distortion, that was, unfortunately just bad luck, with now 600 B200/B400 3D printed units made, we have a total of 8 units with a problem, out of that 5 are with the speaker (which if you look at it, is not a component we make ourselves), actual housing failures is 3. That, in this industry is very very very low problem rate. The only thing i would say is that we were just over ambitious with producing the color variants through hand spray painting, which i am truly sorry about, we will be moving to try dyed resin which should yield the appropriate results we wanted, but those color versions of the B400 won't be out for sometime.

Put it this way, with the amount of B400 we have sold, if it people truly felt it was a half baked product, this thread would have quickly turned into a venomous snake pit. :wink:

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #739 of 1,463
Nope. I understand where you are coming from and how your view has been formed, in your case with one side having distortion, that was, unfortunately just bad luck, with now 600 B200/B400 3D printed units made, we have a total of 8 units with a problem, out of that 5 are with the speaker (which if you look at it, is not a component we make ourselves), actual housing failures is 3. That, in this industry is very very very low problem rate. The only thing i would say is that we were just over ambitious with producing the color variants through hand spray painting, which i am truly sorry about, we will be moving to try dyed resin which should yield the appropriate results we wanted, but those color versions of the B400 won't be out for sometime.

Put it this way, with the amount of B400 we have sold, if it people truly felt it was a half baked product, this thread would have quickly turned into a venomous snake pit. :wink:

Well put.
And even though I was one of the ones with a dead channel (left), I just chalk it up to 's__t happens'.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #740 of 1,463

Cheers for replying. Yeah, i guess I was just unfortunate with the B200. All in all Brainwavz have been good to me and i look forward to receiving the B400 which i hope will be shipped very very soon :wink:

Ps... don't forget my Fed Ex fast shipping!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #741 of 1,463
Id also like to vouch for Brainwavz's excellency in the customer support department. I was so impressed by their handling of a previous purchase that I felt inclined to buy their flagship product.

The B400 is a fine iem. All the pros of a BA iem are there. I also find it very comfortable to wear for long hours. Id like to use them in the studio... Brainwavz please do send a pair to toneboosters or sonarworks to measure for their correctional eq plugins. Thank you.

I second that. Brainwavz support is prompt and reasonable. I'm looking forward to their B600, B800, B1000

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #742 of 1,463
Is there a way to check which batch we're in? Might need to get another pair of earphones if they don't arrive in time for my 2 week business trip.

Cheers

Jan 7, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #743 of 1,463
Is there a way to check which batch we're in? Might need to get another pair of earphones if they don't arrive in time for my 2 week business trip.

Cheers

If you have ordered and it has not shipped then you would be in the third batch. This would be last one we would be really giving a batch number as from this point onwards we will just have regular stock as we have ample supply of materials, we may even have the B400 sitting at Amazon by the end of this month :)

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #744 of 1,463
If you have ordered and it has not shipped then you would be in the third batch. This would be last one we would be really giving a batch number as from this point onwards we will just have regular stock as we have ample supply of materials, we may even have the B400 sitting at Amazon by the end of this month :)
So should be shipped from HK in a few days and from then about 2 weeks to the US with normal shipping.

Jan 7, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #745 of 1,463

Hi Razzer, I had sent you a pm a few days back regarding the b400 rehousing - just wanted to follow up in case you missed it. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #746 of 1,463
So should be shipped from HK in a few days and from then about 2 weeks to the US with normal shipping.

I paid the $14 for Fedex Int Express when i ordered the B200 and it came to me from HK to UK in 3 days. It was $14 but worth cutting down on the wait.

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #748 of 1,463
I paid the $14 for Fedex Int Express when i ordered the B200 and it came to me from HK to UK in 3 days. It was $14 but worth cutting down on the wait.
Yeah I didn't pay for Express shipping, I don't have a rush for them so no need in the extra cost

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #749 of 1,463
I've got a pair on the way too, would be nice to know when they shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back