Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Dec 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #721 of 1,463
Has anyone compared these to the 1more triple driver. The price is compelling but I am curious if the sound is exceptionally better (enough to warrent upgrading). I am using the 1more triple drivers lightning cable version because I use my iphone 8 as a DAP. if I got these i would need a MMXC lightning cable as well so it would push the price to around 250. Any thoughts?

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #722 of 1,463
Has anyone compared these to the 1more triple driver. The price is compelling but I am curious if the sound is exceptionally better (enough to warrent upgrading). I am using the 1more triple drivers lightning cable version because I use my iphone 8 as a DAP. if I got these i would need a MMXC lightning cable as well so it would push the price to around 250. Any thoughts?

The two in-ears' sound signatures are way different - if you are looking for something that is tuned more or less comparably to the 1More E1001 triple-driver in-ears, then the B400 would definitely be not the right choice for you.

The E1001 has got, compared to the B400:
A much stronger sub-bass emphasis.
Brighter, leaner mids.
A much brighter upper treble (cymbals etc).

In terms of coherency, speed and detail retrieval, the Brainwavz would be a clear step up. But I suspect that it will be tuned too polite and smooth if you're looking for something that is tuned more or less like the E1001 (if you are).

Dec 25, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #723 of 1,463
Anyone have a headphone fail? My left side has stopped working entirely. Seriously... only used them for maybe an hour or two total. And kept in their case. Pretty dissatisfied after the original quality issues.
Contacted Brainwavz a few days ago, not heard back yet. But sure they'll sort it out.

Dec 25, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #724 of 1,463
Anyone have a headphone fail? My left side has stopped working entirely. Seriously... only used them for maybe an hour or two total. And kept in their case. Pretty dissatisfied after the original quality issues.
Contacted Brainwavz a few days ago, not heard back yet. But sure they'll sort it out.
I haven’t. Once Brainwavz responds to you, they should be able to take care of your issue as soon as possible.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas! :evergreen_tree:

Dec 25, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #725 of 1,463

Sorry that happened, you would be the first to have a totally dead side. Can you change cables, if you any spare and haven't already tried, to rule out cable issues.

Our customer service will probably be in touch tomorrow, they've been closed for the holidays and our offices close on weekends. Should it have been a lot longer since you emailed than last Friday, please do check your spam box or pm me your ticket number, as you probably did get a reply but may have been filtered out by your provider.

On another note Merry Christmas everyone, happy holidays :)

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #726 of 1,463

Mine had a 'partially dead' left side. One or more driver was DOA. First I thought it was the fit, but then did many more tests.
Very good so far about RMA and send-back instructions.
Let's see about the refund.

Thanks razzer001

Cheers

Dec 26, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #728 of 1,463
are they building the 3rd run now? I have one on order and remember them stating build this week and ship the week of the first so I am hoping they are still on schedule.

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #729 of 1,463
are they building the 3rd run now? I have one on order and remember them stating build this week and ship the week of the first so I am hoping they are still on schedule.

We will begin the full assembly of the 3rd batch after the new year holiday, the first load of them should be out of the door soon after, so if no snags many could see their units ship by the end of next week and get them soon after.

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #731 of 1,463
Mine had a 'partially dead' left side. One or more driver was DOA. First I thought it was the fit, but then did many more tests.
Very good so far about RMA and send-back instructions.
Let's see about the refund.

Thanks razzer001

Cheers

I received notification of refund.
Very responsive customer service.
Thank you.

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #732 of 1,463
Just ordered up a pair tonight, don't have any full BA (also no more Hybrids) so I chose these over the IT01. Looking forward to hearing them and seeing how they stack against the Lyra II

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #734 of 1,463
Just a update on batch 3 - we are now in production of this batch, the first load will leave early next week :)

Unfortunately i have decided to drop all color options apart from black for now, i just don't feel we are yet up to a level to produce color variants apart from black on a consistent level to a quality we are satisfied with. Any 3rd batch buyers with a color option other than black will be contacted by our support team to change the color to black or frosty.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #735 of 1,463
Id also like to vouch for Brainwavz's excellency in the customer support department. I was so impressed by their handling of a previous purchase that I felt inclined to buy their flagship product.

The B400 is a fine iem. All the pros of a BA iem are there. I also find it very comfortable to wear for long hours. Id like to use them in the studio... Brainwavz please do send a pair to toneboosters or sonarworks to measure for their correctional eq plugins. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back