Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Nov 24, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #616 of 1,463
They look like earphones for $ 10, but the sound is very good and the midrange is amazing
right earphone does not look right :frowning2:
B400.jpg

The cable on the left side is damaged :frowning2:
I'm disappointed with their appearance
ps
sorry for my english :)

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #617 of 1,463
Yeah my Brainwavz B400 also has wide gaps on the seams as well. I just hope they don't split open in the future. Hopefully that 24 month warranty will cover it!

My only guess was they were in a hurry to make these, and did not QC check the shells to see if they are seamless or have no gaps, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #620 of 1,463
Sorry but I don't use typical audio lingo, my impression so far after 2 weeks of use.
Bass: solid, underlying power but not boomy, Not much subbass
Mid: superb, forward, female vocal very lifelike, clean, precise
Treble: good but not brilliant, bells have sense of transparency but not pronounced or excessive
Overall it's most non colored in my collection. Fantastic for classical as instrument separation and underlying strength gives the instruments solid reproduction. However the quietness of the iem makes the decay quite fast and smaller soundstage. Brilliant for concertos, chamber, sonatas and vocals. Using balanced cable improved the depth and decay. Pops and metals with heavy beats and rhythm aren't great as it's bit too clean for me and lacks engagement. Great sound reproduction but lacks passion, slightly cold is my conclusion.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #621 of 1,463
Question for Razz: do the Black Friday deal B400´s all ship from Hong Kong? Just wondering since the Brainwavz website mentions that EU orders ship from your local warehouse (= no added customs), but on the other hand the B400 are a special case as they´re a brand new product still in pre-order etc.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #622 of 1,463
Question for Razz: do the Black Friday deal B400´s all ship from Hong Kong? Just wondering since the Brainwavz website mentions that EU orders ship from your local warehouse (= no added customs), but on the other hand the B400 are a special case as they´re a brand new product still in pre-order etc.

At this time all B400 ship from Hong Kong. The reference you've made to our site, that is true for anything we stock at Amazon UK (and US), we will ship any orders we get through our own site through Amazon warehouse and fulfillment network, as there are no B400 at either Amazon, all the B400 orders would ship from Hong Kong.

Hi, I'm waiting with excitement for my preorder of the b400 Cosmic black, I ordered last week!

Do you have any info about when color orders will depart?

Thx!!

Half the color preorders went out last week, Cosmics will go out tomorrow/Tuesday. I am sorry for our delay, mid way through the color making process we figured out a way to get better even coats on the models (which was one of the bottlenecks in making a color model), as we redid many of the color units we have, this delayed their dispatch, to top it off, early last week our entire team were helping get out of the door lot and lots of inventory to Amazon for black friday and cyber monday.

They look like earphones for $ 10, but the sound is very good and the midrange is amazing
right earphone does not look right :frowning2:

The cable on the left side is damaged :frowning2:
I'm disappointed with their appearance
ps
sorry for my english :)

I am sorry that there are those small cosmetic issues, i do apologize, we are working hard to make our products better, with batch 1 and 2 we really focused on being able to produce in mass a solid product, which had consistent sound, we have that down, in batch 3 we are going to be working on really upping our game to improve the finish as definitely these small cosmetic issues are detracting from the overall substance and quality of the B400. We will be changing how we finish both the frosty and color versions to give a better overall finish.

@coolmen77 can you please PM or contact my support team @ help@yourbrainwavz.com about the cable issue.

Nov 26, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #624 of 1,463
Does anyone have any comparison to the primo8s or UE900s? I am thinking of getting another pair to compliment the b400s but not sure if its worth the money...

I have been enjoying my b400s for a couple of days now - some comments:
Amazing shipping speed - took a day to get here from Hong Kong!!! Bravo Brainwavz!
I like the sound - it has great soundstage and mids/bass are better than my tf10s were but the treble lacks a bit of sparkle.
There are some issues with the bad finishing/paint on my black version. It has a weird slightly tacky paint feel but I guess its good for grip...
Canals, where the ear tips fit, are also sharp/jagged and should have been smoothened at the factory. They b400s feel solid enough but still not 100% sure on the durability of these things, but I treat my earphones well.
Still playing with the fit/inserts but one design flaw I have found is the sharp collar at the end of the mmcx connectors - for me, it really digs into my ears and is very uncomfortable - should be an easy fix but not sure why they did this in the first place.

Otherwise - happy with the purchase since they are replacing my lost tf10s - if Brainwavz fixes the finishing issues I would not mind buying a second pair at the BF price.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #625 of 1,463
Does anyone have any comparison to the primo8s or UE900s? I am thinking of getting another pair to compliment the b400s but not sure if its worth the money...

I have been enjoying my b400s for a couple of days now - some comments:
Amazing shipping speed - took a day to get here from Hong Kong!!! Bravo Brainwavz!
I like the sound - it has great soundstage and mids/bass are better than my tf10s were but the treble lacks a bit of sparkle.
There are some issues with the bad finishing/paint on my black version. It has a weird slightly tacky paint feel but I guess its good for grip...
Canals, where the ear tips fit, are also sharp/jagged and should have been smoothened at the factory. They b400s feel solid enough but still not 100% sure on the durability of these things, but I treat my earphones well.
Still playing with the fit/inserts but one design flaw I have found is the sharp collar at the end of the mmcx connectors - for me, it really digs into my ears and is very uncomfortable - should be an easy fix but not sure why they did this in the first place.

Otherwise - happy with the purchase since they are replacing my lost tf10s - if Brainwavz fixes the finishing issues I would not mind buying a second pair at the BF price.

Here's a comparison with the UE900(S): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/10/brainwavz-b400-review-english.html#more

Nov 27, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #627 of 1,463
Half the color preorders went out last week, Cosmics will go out tomorrow/Tuesday. I am sorry for our delay, mid way through the color making process we figured out a way to get better even coats on the models (which was one of the bottlenecks in making a color model), as we redid many of the color units we have, this delayed their dispatch, to top it off, early last week our entire team were helping get out of the door lot and lots of inventory to Amazon for black friday and cyber monday.

Thanks! Hehe don't worry! It was just to get an idea when I will be able to enjoy them!

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #628 of 1,463
Purchased the b400 on black friday pre order for Batch 3 today :) I am okay if it takes more time, just hope for the product to be properly QCed.

Same here... Even with the added customs fees these are a great deal - first quad BA at this price point so far and Knowles doesn´t really make bad BA drivers. I personally also wouldn´t even mind a delay/shipping early next year. Just take your time and do QC/testing well so that the shell build quality issues reported here are eliminated/minimized.

Anyways, looking forward to testing my first Brainwavz IEM. It seems most innovation these days in IEMs happens in the sub 200 dollar segment which is starting to challenge the traditional 300-400 market (that´s been very stagnant for years already).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back