Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Oct 5, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #196 of 1,463
Yep, I think that is probably the only thing the B400 doesn't have to compare to even much pricier stuff. The reach to the highest highs and lowest lows. Perhaps with a pricier cable with the best bandwidth could provide it so still possible to improve there I'd guess. Not a complaint as it is perfectly capable just not nearly upper crust like everything else it seems to do.

As for the colors, I still say there should be a Red/Blue for R/L combo especially since the Blue Knight and Crimson Red both do the metallic thing :)

Hello jant71, I like your idea of the R/L combo with Blue Knight and Crimson Red, It would be inspired by one my favour superheroes. I will talk to the bossman and see what we can do.

Oct 6, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #198 of 1,463
FYI, I am doing my review now so I made the product page for them. Accidentally pressed shift + tab or whatever combo and it posted it but still in progress :)

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #200 of 1,463
Are there any particles of Kryptonite in the green Rage colour?

Sincerely,
Lex Luthor

Hello Lex,
Wrong Universe, there is nothing but pure Hulkain Rage in that colour. Caution the colour Green Rage may cause the wearer to Hulk out. You have been warned!

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #201 of 1,463
Has the isolation improved over the b100 series at all?
Thanks

This. Especially with Comply P-series foam tips (According to Comply rep, if it fits T-100 series, it should fit P series, which is hands down best in isolation). It seems impossible to find well isolating, balanced, replaceable cable IEMS at c. $200 USD mark.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #202 of 1,463
Review is fixed and here-> https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/br...armature-earphones.22688/reviews#review-19275
Some info, some pics, and tried to give an idea of how they sound. I did mention the graph from @Brooko but other than that leave all the measuring to him :) Feel free to ask any questions.

I sold my CKR90 on already so I didn't include any comparisons. No real point. B200 is pretty comfortable in it's own right but other than that it isn't on the same plane. CH9T is pretty, has a sweet signature and also comfy but needs some cable magic at least to run with the B400. Going from Hi-Res to lower res kind of thing so at best the Pioneer may match the bass reach and also have a good size stage but that's about it.

If I grab a walnut V3 then I'll have a 2.5 balanced again and will add about the performance using the Candy Cane balanced cable.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #203 of 1,463
Review is fixed and here-> https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/br...armature-earphones.22688/reviews#review-19275
Some info, some pics, and tried to give an idea of how they sound. I did mention the graph from @Brooko but other than that leave all the measuring to him :) Feel free to ask any questions.

I sold my CKR90 on already so I didn't include any comparisons. No real point. B200 is pretty comfortable in it's own right but other than that it isn't on the same plane. CH9T is pretty, has a sweet signature and also comfy but needs some cable magic at least to run with the B400. Going from Hi-Res to lower res kind of thing so at best the Pioneer may match the bass reach and also have a good size stage but that's about it.

If I grab a walnut V3 then I'll have a 2.5 balanced again and will add about the performance using the Candy Cane balanced cable.
Very nice review with some excellent pics .

Oct 7, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #204 of 1,463
Thanks! They are still clickable to OMG size if you want to try and see inside the housings better :)

Oct 7, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #208 of 1,463
Oct 8, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #209 of 1,463
DSC04445-small (2).JPG

Lovin' the colour. And that smoothness and evenness in the highs - remarkable. Introducing the B-series was a great thing. Brainwavz is going big. Now we just need to see the revival of the B2 to make even more people happy than they already do with their other B series releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back