Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Oct 8, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #211 of 1,463
Has anybody found an EU (ships from within EU) source for ordering Brainwavz B400? If this baby can fit the Comply P-series super isolation foam tips, it's going to be my new daily driver for smartphone listening (with a changed cable including inline mic).

Oct 8, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #212 of 1,463
wow , you mean the inside structure is like Andromeda ,?

Has anybody found an EU (ships from within EU) source for ordering Brainwavz B400? If this baby can fit the Comply P-series super isolation foam tips, it's going to be my new daily driver for smartphone listening (with a changed cable including inline mic).

Well I doubt our internal structure is the same. I don't doubt we're not the first to go with 3D printed boots over the traditional tube and glue method, it's is however still not very common, but this is probably going to change in the not to distant future. Only good things to come from it too.

Currently the B400 is only available at our direct online store. If you're in the EU it should arrive pretty fast to you.

We do plan on having the B400 standard package at Amazon uk, fr, es and it by end of the month.

Color version will only be able to purchase on direct online store.

Oct 8, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #213 of 1,463
Currently the B400 is only available at our direct online store. If you're in the EU it should arrive pretty fast to you.

We do plan on having the B400 standard package at Amazon uk, fr, es and it by end of the month.

Does this mean that the B400, regardless from where ordered (brainwavz.com or your Amazon.fr/uk store) will ship from Hong Kong?

This is the important information for me (due to customs/tax, not due to speed of shipping). Thanks!

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #215 of 1,463
Does this mean that the B400, regardless from where ordered (brainwavz.com or your Amazon.fr/uk store) will ship from Hong Kong?

This is the important information for me (due to customs/tax, not due to speed of shipping). Thanks!

The stuff at Amazon would be shipped from Amazon EU based warehouses and not Hong Kong.

Oct 8, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #216 of 1,463
Anyone know if the colored versions are made differently from the stay frosty version? My stay frosty has some sharp edges/points on the inner part of the housing which results in irritation when moved around my ear. The stock cable also has some harsh points where the strain relief meets the cable. I would totally reorder a colored version if the molding/printing process resulted in a smoother finish as well as opt for the more expensive cable to avoid some build/comfort issues with the stock one.

Oct 8, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #217 of 1,463
My frosty is fine on the inside. Nothing sharp. Don't have the stock cable though. Shouldn't be that way so I'm sure Raz will help you out. Seems like the colors are not the textured finish like the frosty and should be smoother.

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #218 of 1,463
Anyone know if the colored versions are made differently from the stay frosty version? My stay frosty has some sharp edges/points on the inner part of the housing which results in irritation when moved around my ear. The stock cable also has some harsh points where the strain relief meets the cable. I would totally reorder a colored version if the molding/printing process resulted in a smoother finish as well as opt for the more expensive cable to avoid some build/comfort issues with the stock one.

There really shouldn't be any Sharp points on the inner part of the housing. There would be 3 faint but smooth bumps at the top ridge, this is from the printing process, but should not be a point of irritation as they are very small.

I will directly pm you for more info on this.

Just a fyi the colored housing are the same as the clear, but the colored housing have s clear resin laquer applied that creates an additional clear shell atop of the paint, this gives the painted shells more of a smooth finish.

Oct 8, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #222 of 1,463
Been a lurker here for many years, experimenting with many IEMs (including customs, JH13 and ES5) before happily finding peace with the Phonak PFE232 years ago - great V shaped sound signature with unique separation/imaging qualities, no listening fatigue, and most importantly excellent comfort where they disappear in your ears for hours.

I knew a suitable successor with these qualities (3D printed housing looks great for comfort!) would eventually take its place. Haven't tried a Brainwavz product before but these seem very promising. Will wait on a few reviews before pulling the trigger on these.. my setup is also minimal, just using my phone (HTC10) and also wondering if there are any mic cable options available.

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #223 of 1,463
Tempted to get one.....hmm aside from price, how does it sound as compared to se846?
Having tried the whole Brainwavz and Shure IEM line, I can say these are more refined all across with better detail, dynamics, imaging, separation, etc. I was extremely disappointed with the whole Shure SE line, all seeming quite muddy and mid-centric all the way up until their top model, even still was not worth half the cost. Seems their closedback headphones too are tuned for very specific non-neutral preferences, on the 'brighter' side

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #225 of 1,463
I'd say these are easily better than the Shure SE535 I owned. And for $180 ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back