Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Oct 9, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #241 of 1,463
I posted the frequency response before - here it is again. Combine that with good build, fantastic comfort, and the price Brainwavz is pitching it at - you can see why I really like these.

And I'm not a believer in hying something - but I will give credit where it's due!

10006091.png

Oct 9, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #242 of 1,463
How does the B400 compare to the Mee Audio P1? I am currently using the P1 now. Thanks!
I'll compare the two when the review is posted (another couple of days I think)

Oct 9, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #243 of 1,463
Review is fixed and here-> https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/br...armature-earphones.22688/reviews#review-19275
Some info, some pics, and tried to give an idea of how they sound. I did mention the graph from @Brooko but other than that leave all the measuring to him :) Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks for posting the review, i love the pictures you've took, i've updated the first post of this thread with a link to your review.

Honestly, I'm more hyped about the brainwavz b2 pheonix but who knows.

I've been surprised how many people seem to be looking forward to the revival of the B2. We should have the first batch produced and ready for shipping by the end of October.

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #245 of 1,463
I've noticed this a lot as well and i think it's just symptomatic of our crazy audiophile brains. A bunch of times I've seen people talking about something using terms like "end-game" only to see them raving about something else a few months later. Does that mean they were full of crap before? No.

It just means that we tend to be as addicted to chasing the dragon as we are to spending time with the dragon. It's like the honeymoon phase of a relationship only unlike with a woman it's OK to jump right into another honeymoon.

We just have to be wary of New Toy Syndrome as well as remaining cognizant of the fact that just because something is new doesn't make it inherently better.

So we think, but what if all these neglected headphones have feelings too? :confused::blush:
ad28965fcd680fe239980c774ad248b8.jpg

Agree on the points about Flovor Of The Month in many other cases, but honestly I think the B400 will stand the test of time for quite a while with it's fantastic price / performance ratio.

PS - I actually have realised some examples of lower model numbers outperforming higher ones, such as with the closedback Sennheiser HD-380 Pro vs. HD-569, IMO

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #246 of 1,463
Thanks for posting the review, i love the pictures you've took, i've updated the first post of this thread with a link to your review.

I've been surprised how many people seem to be looking forward to the revival of the B2. We should have the first batch produced and ready for shipping by the end of October.
Hi @razzer001 is there a difference between the Frosty and Onyx 3.5 cable. I cannot see which one is which on your site. Im guessing it refers only to colour and no sonic differences.

Great to see you put the different colour housings on your site. Just one thing though, we know here on headfi the different colours as you put it in the first post but for everyone else im not sure they would know which one is which on some of them. Maybe if your team could write on the images which colour they are. For instance in the pics you may not be able to tell the difference between the blue and the purple or even the two black options (without close inspection) and even then you may not know which one is cosmic or not.
Of course, this is just my humble opinion but it would make it easier for people to purchase with clearly identifiable colour or cable names on the images .

These look amazing by the way, i have a short list of about 15 IEMS which i want for my travels and these so far just shot to the top, in fact i intend to take the plunge on cosmic black....or the blue knight... or, crimson red.... on my next pay check!

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #247 of 1,463

Is Brainwavz re-releasing the Brainwavz B2? Is this the upcoming B200 v2? If so, will it have the original B2's sound signature? Thanks.

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #248 of 1,463
Hi @razzer001 is there a difference between the Frosty and Onyx 3.5 cable. I cannot see which one is which on your site. Im guessing it refers only to colour and no sonic differences.

Great to see you put the different colour housings on your site. Just one thing though, we know here on headfi the different colours as you put it in the first post but for everyone else im not sure they would know which one is which on some of them. Maybe if your team could write on the images which colour they are. For instance in the pics you may not be able to tell the difference between the blue and the purple or even the two black options (without close inspection) and even then you may not know which one is cosmic or not.
Of course, this is just my humble opinion but it would make it easier for people to purchase with clearly identifiable colour or cable names on the images .

These look amazing by the way, i have a short list of about 15 IEMS which i want for my travels and these so far just shot to the top, in fact i intend to take the plunge on cosmic black....or the blue knight... or, crimson red.... on my next pay check!

Is Brainwavz re-releasing the Brainwavz B2? Is this the upcoming B200 v2? If so, will it have the original B2's sound signature? Thanks.

@griff06 Thank you for pointing that out, the images on our site sound have been the same as the ones I posted with the color name on them here on headfi. Itll be updated shortly.

@Badder The B200 V2 are not the B2. The V2 are just updated versions with detachable cables, 3D printed housing and assembled in house.

The B2 Phoenix will look like the original B2 and have the same wonderful sound that the original had.

Oct 10, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #250 of 1,463
@razzer001 i want to know the premium cables have the memory wire portion or not ,?. thanks .

@griff06 sorry I forgot to link to the cables on our site, you can see the frosty and Onyx product pages

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/search?type=product&q=MMCX

All the pics of the B400 use the standard cable.

@Ahmad313 both the frosty and Onyx have memory cable which can be shaped to however the wearer wants.

The standard cables come with a preformed earhook, same as we have on the other B series earphonea.

Oct 10, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #251 of 1,463
DSC04443-small.JPG

Pictured are the "Frosty" 3.5 mm TRS cable as well as the "Candy Cane" 2.5 mm TRRS cable.
The "Frosty" cable has got an angled audio plug whereas the one used by the "Candy Cane" is straight. Ear guides and memory wire are present on the "Frosty" cable but not on the "Candy Cane".

People familiar with the company Plastics One will notice that the 3.5 mm TRS cables are supplied by them. Those cables are common professional industry standard, very flexible, very reliable and of high quality. Good stuff.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #252 of 1,463
Oct 11, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #254 of 1,463

Pictured are the "Frosty" 3.5 mm TRS cable as well as the "Candy Cane" 2.5 mm TRRS cable.
The "Frosty" cable has got an angled audio plug whereas the one used by the "Candy Cane" is straight. Ear guides and memory wire are present on the "Frosty" cable but not on the "Candy Cane".

People familiar with the company Plastics One will notice that the 3.5 mm TRS cables are supplied by them. Those cables are common professional industry standard, very flexible, very reliable and of high quality. Good stuff.

Both the Frosty and Onyx cable are made by the same manufacturer in the US. Very good quality and durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back