Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Oct 5, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #182 of 1,463
@razzer001 That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the explanation!

@peter123 They're good. Extension is better than the few BA-only iems I've got (B100, B150, UE600, XBA-2) but short of what you'd expect from a good dynamic. It's not too far off the FLC 8S with my preferred red/grey filters, mind you I find the low end of the FLC 8S underwhelming for a dynamic, especially in terms of impact. B400 hits with more speed and authority, it's just missing that super low end rumble.

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #183 of 1,463
Yep, I think that is probably the only thing the B400 doesn't have to compare to even much pricier stuff. The reach to the highest highs and lowest lows. Perhaps with a pricier cable with the best bandwidth could provide it so still possible to improve there I'd guess. Not a complaint as it is perfectly capable just not nearly upper crust like everything else it seems to do.

As for the colors, I still say there should be a Red/Blue for R/L combo especially since the Blue Knight and Crimson Red both do the metallic thing :)

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #184 of 1,463

@peter123 They're good. Extension is better than the few BA-only iems I've got (B100, B150, UE600, XBA-2) but short of what you'd expect from a good dynamic. It's not too far off the FLC 8S with my preferred red/grey filters, mind you I find the low end of the FLC 8S underwhelming for a dynamic, especially in terms of impact. B400 hits with more speed and authority, it's just missing that super low end rumble.

Thanks again mate!

@Brooko
After getting used to the Big Dipper I find many of my other IEMs to come across as a bit muddy/blurry. Do you think that the B400 could be a good option for situations where I don't want to bring the BD?

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #185 of 1,463

Is the XBA-2 the same as XBA-A2?

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #186 of 1,463
Thanks again mate!

@Brooko
After getting used to the Big Dipper I find many of my other IEMs to come across as a bit muddy/blurry. Do you think that the B400 could be a good option for situations where I don't want to bring the BD?
Yes - it’s very articulate. Doesn’t have as much treble extension as the Dipper - but that’s one of its charms. Does pretty much everything right and the fit is phenomenal

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #187 of 1,463
Yes - it’s very articulate. Doesn’t have as much treble extension as the Dipper - but that’s one of its charms. Does pretty much everything right and the fit is phenomenal
Please also share some thoughts how you compare these with A4(with black +black combo),
Do you think it is a clear upgrade to A4 ,????
Thanks .

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #188 of 1,463
Is the XBA-2 the same as XBA-A2?

Nope. XBA-2 is one of Sony's original XBA models.

20171005_100715[1].jpg

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #189 of 1,463
Please also share some thoughts how you compare these with A4(with black +black combo),
Do you think it is a clear upgrade to A4 ,????
Thanks .
Well you lose the ability to tune, and so it depends on how you tuned the A4. In terms of comfort, the B400 is among the most comfortable I’ve tried. I tend to like a more balanced signature - so the B400 ticks all my boxes. If you like a more v shaped signature, then you may like the A4 more.

If you don’t mind a little EQ and like a V shaped sig, then definitely B400

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #190 of 1,463

Thanks Paul! I really enjoyed the fit on the B150 before my pair got lost in the chaos after a fire in our house earlier this year. The B400 design looks very similar. I'd like a all BA alternative to the BIG Dipper as they're too expensive to be used in certain situations, the B400 may very well be it.

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #191 of 1,463
Well you lose the ability to tune, and so it depends on how you tuned the A4. In terms of comfort, the B400 is among the most comfortable I’ve tried. I tend to like a more balanced signature - so the B400 ticks all my boxes. If you like a more v shaped signature, then you may like the A4 more.

If you don’t mind a little EQ and like a V shaped sig, then definitely B400
Thank you very much

Oct 5, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #194 of 1,463
Yes, but why wait. Just buy em. Trust us :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back