Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Sep 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #91 of 1,463
Ok here is the graph.

Usual disclaimers:
The graph below is generated using the Vibro Veritas coupler and ARTA software. Ken Ball (ALO/Campfire) graciously provided me with measurement data which I have used to recalibrate my Veritas so that it mimics an IEC 711 measurement standard (Ken uses two separate BK ear simulators, we measured the same set of IEMs, and I built my calibration curve from shared data). I do not claim that this data is 100% accurate, but it is very consistent, and is as close as I can get to the IEC 711 standard on my budget.

I do not claim that the measurements are in any way more accurate than anyone else's, but they have been proven to be consistent and I think they should be enough to give a reasonable idea of response - especially if you've followed any of my other reviews. When measuring I used the included foam tips (so medium bore) - and the reason I use foam instead of silicone is for the very consistent seal and placement depth in the coupler. I use the same amp (E11K) for all my measurements - and output is under 1 ohm.

Things to note
  1. Incredibly good channel matching - this is about as good as it gets folks. I had to check a few times to see if I'd measured the same earpiece by mistake!
  2. Nice mid-bass hump and good sub bass extension (they have a decent amount of thump)
  3. Bass matches natural peak in the upper-mids
  4. Really good treble extension
Hmmm the graph looks really interesting no noticeable/heavy peak or fall and 3-5khz frequencies are exactly as you like ( i think) .

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #92 of 1,463
20170928_120302.jpg

More color options

From top to bottom
- Blue Knight
- Punk Pink
- Cosmic Black
- Green Rage
- Berry Purple

The lighting and camera on my phone make the blue and purple almost look the same but they are actually quite different.

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #94 of 1,463

More color options

From top to bottom
- Blue Knight
- Punk Pink
- Cosmic Black
- Green Rage
- Berry Purple

The lighting and camera on my phone make the blue and purple almost look the same but they are actually quite different.

Yes! Green! Yes!!! :alien: :thumbsup:

I cannot express how happy you make me with this colour choice that unfortunately not many companies offer. Clark Cent, you better watch out!

By the way, as I already told Pandora some time ago, it would be nice to offer the B200 in one or two additional colours as well (e.g. Brainwavz' "signature" red colour and grey or white) to set it visually apart from the B100 and B150.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #96 of 1,463

More color options

From top to bottom
- Blue Knight
- Punk Pink
- Cosmic Black
- Green Rage
- Berry Purple

Cool ! Amazing color choices! Expect the sound to be even more amazing ! Certainly an upgrade in bass from my Brainwavz B2's !

Sep 28, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #97 of 1,463

More color options

From top to bottom
- Blue Knight
- Punk Pink
- Cosmic Black
- Green Rage
- Berry Purple

Pink looks awesome! They definitely stand out :D

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #98 of 1,463
Very interesting stuff, I'm really looking forward to more impressions on these.

I've been waiting for a long time for Brainwavz to step up their game and when they do I'm late to the party ha ha :wink:

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #100 of 1,463
I’m embargoed on the Simgot for about another week, and the B400 still need some vital info from Raz (eg price etc) before being able to write the review :wink:

Can try and post a graph later tonight though

Yeah, I'm optimistic with all the initial reactions & updates, but I am tempering that excitement until I see an actual price.

We are almost ready to get ready for the launch, still waiting on a few accessories to roll in.

The tentative pricing is as follows and may change upon launch:

B400 Standard (Stay Frosty housing and standard 3.5mm stereo cable + 2.5mm balanced cable) - $189.50

+$30 for colored version

B400 Premium (Colored housing + Frosty or Onyx 3.5mm stereo cable + Candy Cane 2.5mm balanced cable) - $249.50

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #101 of 1,463
We are almost ready to get ready for the launch, still waiting on a few accessories to roll in.

B400 Standard (Stay Frosty housing and standard 3.5mm stereo cable + 2.5mm balanced cable) - $189.50

+$30 for colored version

B400 Premium (Colored housing + Frosty or Onyx 3.5mm stereo cable + Candy Cane 2.5mm balanced cable) - $249.50

That's... a surprisingly affordable price.

Brainwavz are still rocking the great price-performance ratio they re-introduced with the B100 and B200. Nice. Really nice. :relaxed:

However - that got me thinking why it is priced below the B200 (whose MSRP was $199) until I looked on your website and realised that the B200 is now only $119.50, which is an unbelievably low price for this great little IEM. Brainwavz is going strong and putting out great quality while not asking big bucks. Great job, guys.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #102 of 1,463

+$30 for colored version

Thats a ridiculous price Razz! And I mean in a good way. I was honestly expecting something with a "3" in front of it. Hats off to Brainwavz - entered the higher end at an affordable price. The only earphone which comes close at this level (IMO and with what I've personally heard) is the Alcalir Curve. Seriously good value.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #105 of 1,463

+$30 for colored version

Nice! Brainwavz has always offered great value. Definitely looking forward to these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back