Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Sep 29, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #107 of 1,463
We are almost ready to get ready for the launch, still waiting on a few accessories to roll in.

The tentative pricing is as follows and may change upon launch:

B400 Standard (Stay Frosty housing and standard 3.5mm stereo cable + 2.5mm balanced cable) - $189.50

+$30 for colored version

B400 Premium (Colored housing + Frosty or Onyx 3.5mm stereo cable + Candy Cane 2.5mm balanced cable) - $249.50
wooow, unbelievable , very very affordable prices , i will buy one sure .

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #108 of 1,463
I hope the price stays the same as per announced. It's too good to be true looking at how much the other 4 drivers earphones cost. Less those chi-fi earphones. Looking forward to more impressions and comparisons against similarly priced earphones!

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #110 of 1,463
Blissful listening comes to those who wait:

6AE838E6-A8C4-4255-9159-BCEA5C20A169.jpeg 7A7A7B39-4BD7-41F8-925B-83CEB46EBD40.jpeg

I waited out for the Crimson Red, and it’s a sight to behold in person.

This B400 is just as lovely sounding as I listened to it at CanJam SoCal earlier this year.

Clear, balanced sounding, and a nice, smooth energetic sound with just a hint of laid-backness as well.

The gorgeous and supple-in-hand Candy Cane 2.5mm Balanced Cable will be paired with the Questyle Audio QP2R and will be one of my go-to MMCX Balanced cables.

I can go on and on about the 3D-printed build, creamy clear sound, incredible fit in my ears, but then that would be less time that you would have to ultimately listen to the B400 on your own.

Simply put, for the asking price, get them!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #111 of 1,463
Cool! I just saw the Candy Cane and Frosty Premium cables up on the Brainwavz site yesterday for $45 each and thought that was very fair. $250 with all the options would be a sweet price and sure to sell well.

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #113 of 1,463
We are almost ready to get ready for the launch, still waiting on a few accessories to roll in.

The tentative pricing is as follows and may change upon launch:

B400 Standard (Stay Frosty housing and standard 3.5mm stereo cable + 2.5mm balanced cable) - $189.50

+$30 for colored version

B400 Premium (Colored housing + Frosty or Onyx 3.5mm stereo cable + Candy Cane 2.5mm balanced cable) - $249.50

This is an amazing value!! I have a question: So for the two different deals it seems the IEM internals are the same except the exterior color, but what about the cables, is there any upgrade in cable material, or is it just a color difference too? Also would you mind to tell us what cable material is used with the balanced cable?

I'm looking forward to more reviews / comparisons here, like to the Alcalir Curve and Simgot

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #114 of 1,463
This is an amazing value!! I have a question: So for the two different deals it seems the IEM internals are the same except the exterior color, but what about the cables, is there any upgrade in cable material, or is it just a color difference too? Also would you mind to tell us what cable material is used with the balanced cable?

I'm looking forward to more reviews / comparisons here, like to the Alcalir Curve and Simgot

The upgrade cables are all made using 4 core silver plated, high grade OFC copper litz wires, they are also made by two very well respected makers of earphone cables, the 3.5mm stereo cables are actually made in USA and the 2.5mm cable from Taiwan.

The external material of the cable is PU.

More on the 3 premium cables here on our site:
https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/search?type=product&q=MMCX

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #117 of 1,463
Thats a ridiculous price Razz! And I mean in a good way. I was honestly expecting something with a "3" in front of it. Hats off to Brainwavz - entered the higher end at an affordable price. The only earphone which comes close at this level (IMO and with what I've personally heard) is the Alcalir Curve. Seriously good value.
Eagerly waiting for your full review and please ( if it is possible) make sure a comparison with LZ A4 and Big Dipper , thanks .

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #120 of 1,463

If I get a pair in to review I'll put them up against the slightly cheaper Simgot EN700 Pro which I've just received :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back