Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Mar 24, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,126 of 1,463
I just got the B400 at CanJam Singapore for event price of USD150 today. Before this I had the F9, which I sold away after I got the FH1 and now thinking of selling the FH1 as well.
After reading quite a bit on the B400, I decided to audition it and after a few tracks on my X5iii, I am sold. Though its all BA, the bass is certainly not much lacking than the F9 & FH1. I think the transparency and sound stage is somewhere between the F9 & FH1, but closer to the F9, if I remember correctly, F9's soundstage and transparency is slightly better, but the B400 delivers a fuller sound.

as I listen to mostly pop vocal music, I find the B400 to be the best suited out of all the IEMs that I once owned, SE215, ATH-IM02, it03, F9 & FH1. to me, it just have the right balance of details, soundstage, transparency (though I wished if it can be a bit more transparent), musicality, comfort and most importantly price, as my pockets are not deep enough for the Campfires, AKs...etc. and thus, cannot compare them to anything that cost more than USD 250.

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,127 of 1,463
I just got the B400 at CanJam Singapore for event price of USD150 today. Before this I had the F9, which I sold away after I got the FH1 and now thinking of selling the FH1 as well.
After reading quite a bit on the B400, I decided to audition it and after a few tracks on my X5iii, I am sold. Though its all BA, the bass is certainly not much lacking than the F9 & FH1. I think the transparency and sound stage is somewhere between the F9 & FH1, but closer to the F9, if I remember correctly, F9's soundstage and transparency is slightly better, but the B400 delivers a fuller sound.

as I listen to mostly pop vocal music, I find the B400 to be the best suited out of all the IEMs that I once owned, SE215, ATH-IM02, it03, F9 & FH1. to me, it just have the right balance of details, soundstage, transparency (though I wished if it can be a bit more transparent), musicality, comfort and most importantly price, as my pockets are not deep enough for the Campfires, AKs...etc. and thus, cannot compare them to anything that cost more than USD 250.

Agree. B400 is clearly tuned for this kind of music, for which it's a solid and wonderful performer. The more you hear it, the more you love it! About the little lack of transparency, fortunately a lot of pop and rock recordings from the last century are mixed with accentuated treble, so they perform stellar on B400. Now I'v put my P1 to rest for pop and rock music. as B400 sounds more pleasent to me.

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #1,129 of 1,463

Exactly. I like pop vocal on B400 more than IE800.

Mar 25, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #1,130 of 1,463
I prefer my b150 to my se425 even in every technical aspect, do you think I'm deaf? I hope that the B400 Will be a big step up, cause I really can't complaint the vocal reproduction of his little brother but reading your comments I can imagine a less grainy reproduction with liquid mids with the same or added presence. Never mind if the treble presence is a little bit tamed, being a singer I really want to hear the well recorded voice like I was there to steal all the secret from the best. Evil...

Mar 25, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #1,131 of 1,463
I prefer my b150 to my se425 even in every technical aspect, do you think I'm deaf? I hope that the B400 Will be a big step up, cause I really can't complaint the vocal reproduction of his little brother but reading your comments I can imagine a less grainy reproduction with liquid mids with the same or added presence. Never mind if the treble presence is a little bit tamed, being a singer I really want to hear the well recorded voice like I was there to steal all the secret from the best. Evil...
IMO the B400 are all about the mids so vocals are great

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,132 of 1,463
In the beginning I was quite disappointed with B-400 as the ringing sound I got in the upper mids annoyed me enormously. Now we're a few weeks further in and I can say these are great, addictive earphones. The ringing almost completely disappeared, at least enough to bother me no longer. I won't open the snake-pit whether physical burn-in or mental burn-in did the trick for me. :wink: Also probably a case of being very sensitive to these frequencies as nobody else was complaining about this.

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #1,133 of 1,463
It appears that these have been removed from Amazon. It doesn't have an out of stock message, the B400 product page actually reroutes you to the B100. I hope this is just a stock issue, but I can't say for sure. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is there any other place to buy these online with CONUS shipping?

Mar 26, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #1,134 of 1,463
It appears that these have been removed from Amazon. It doesn't have an out of stock message, the B400 product page actually reroutes you to the B100. I hope this is just a stock issue, but I can't say for sure. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is there any other place to buy these online with CONUS shipping?
I had them in my cart on Amazon for a while before I got them.
They come in and out of stock frequently, there was just a lightning deal on them a few weeks ago where I grabbed them. Keep checking back, otherwise you can order direct from brainwavz. I just returned a new unopened pair back to Amazon (I ordered the night before the lightning deal then did the return/reorder game to get the lightning deal).

Also, the listing for the 100, 150 and 400 is combined, so all reviews could apply to any of the three and it essentially shows up like a "color" type option rather than a separate item. That's why it redirects when OOS

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #1,135 of 1,463
I'd really want to know the differences in vocal reproduction between b150, b200 and b400. I have the b150, and despite my satisfaction, I want more, like a better separation with the same signature: which between the two big brother are the most similar upgrade?
P.S. : listening "When you say you love me" from Josh Groban with the b150 is like a personal concert, the tonality is incredible...

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #1,137 of 1,463
I'd really want to know the differences in vocal reproduction between b150, b200 and b400. I have the b150, and despite my satisfaction, I want more, like a better separation with the same signature: which between the two big brother are the most similar upgrade?
P.S. : listening "When you say you love me" from Josh Groban with the b150 is like a personal concert, the tonality is incredible...

The B400 is on a different level to both the B150 and B200. All three have quite silky vocals. the B400 has the most accurate and most articulate. i started with B150... then B200... now B400.

B150... smooth sound, quite spacious, decent soundstage in all directions. When compared to the other two you can immediately notice it lacks detail... the others are way ahead in this dept, B400 especially. treble very dialed down and lacking. Bass has decent speed. To me, the B150 is a decent £30-40 earphone. Laid back sound.

B200 - Mids are MUCH more forward and in your face, soundstage is very flat but decently wide, lacks the depth of the B150. Possibly even smoother than the B150 but it has more snap in drums and crunching guitars. It is more detailed. Finer details are more apparent when compared to the B150... but nowhere near B400. Vocals are more upfront, but very silky, slightly thicker. Bass is a little thicker which makes it appear like it has better sub bass. It's a musical IEM. I've had both the B200 v1 and v2, and I will say that thru the very different fit, the v1 is a bit thicker all over, and the v2 a bit thinner and clearer.

B400... a huge step up from B150 and a big step up from B200. It still has a smooth sound, but it's got more air, very good micro details, much more separation, better clarity. Vocals are nice and central and male and female vocals sound as they should. treble like the other two is more laid back, but it's much clearer due to more air and you hear much more and don't feel like you miss anything just cos it lacks the sparkle of a brighter IEM. If you have the money the B400 is a no brainer.

I loved going from one to the other, but the B400 is one of my favourite earphones. I prefer them to any other set I have/had at the same price point... LZA4, Mee Pinnacle 1, RHA T20, Aurisonic Kickers. even prefer them over the Dunu Dn 2000. To be fair though, price doesn't really mean that much these days as companies are stretching the limits more and more each year. I'm just about to pull the plug on the iBasso It01 and TFZ Exclusive 3... both under £100. In fact the entire TFZ Exclusive range is getting great feedback.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #1,138 of 1,463
The B400 is on a different level to both the B150 and B200. All three have quite silky vocals. the B400 has the most accurate and most articulate. i started with B150... then B200... now B400.

B150... smooth sound, quite spacious, decent soundstage in all directions. When compared to the other two you can immediately notice it lacks detail... the others are way ahead in this dept, B400 especially. treble very dialed down and lacking. Bass has decent speed. To me, the B150 is a decent £30-40 earphone. Laid back sound.

B200 - Mids are MUCH more forward and in your face, soundstage is very flat but decently wide, lacks the depth of the B150. Possibly even smoother than the B150 but it has more snap in drums and crunching guitars. It is more detailed. Finer details are more apparent when compared to the B150... but nowhere near B400. Vocals are more upfront, but very silky, slightly thicker. Bass is a little thicker which makes it appear like it has better sub bass. It's a musical IEM. I've had both the B200 v1 and v2, and I will say that thru the very different fit, the v1 is a bit thicker all over, and the v2 a bit thinner and clearer.

B400... a huge step up from B150 and a big step up from B200. It still has a smooth sound, but it's got more air, very good micro details, much more separation, better clarity. Vocals are nice and central and male and female vocals sound as they should. treble like the other two is more laid back, but it's much clearer due to more air and you hear much more and don't feel like you miss anything just cos it lacks the sparkle of a brighter IEM. If you have the money the B400 is a no brainer.

I loved going from one to the other, but the B400 is one of my favourite earphones. I prefer them to any other set I have/had at the same price point... LZA4, Mee Pinnacle 1, RHA T20, Aurisonic Kickers. even prefer them over the Dunu Dn 2000. To be fair though, price doesn't really mean that much these days as companies are stretching the limits more and more each year. I'm just about to pull the plug on the iBasso It01 and TFZ Exclusive 3... both under £100. In fact the entire TFZ Exclusive range is getting great feedback.

I own, well, most of those. Nothing will have as good of separation as the b400, but much like the comparisons you made, if you can afford it, skip the tfz exclusives and go for the king pro. It's on another level from the other TFZs. The it01 is good, just tuned totally differently and not nearly as good at imaging.

Apr 2, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #1,139 of 1,463
I too own the B150, B200 and B400. If you're really strapped for money getting the B150 and saving up to eventually get the B400 is the best way I think you can go. You'll have a decent relatively inexpensive IEM to start that won't break your budget. If you're thinking that perhaps you can save some money and get the B200 and then move on to the B400 if you really liked the B200, you're picking an expensive route to my eye. You can decide if you like how BA versus Dynamic Driver designed IEMs sound and you'll definitely get a feel for the tuning common across these 3 models by getting the less expensive B150 and won't be getting too much more with the B200. If you decide to go really inexpensive and start with the B100, which I've never heard, my impression from reviews is that they're tuned differently from the rest of the Brainwavz BA offerings. Going the route I did is obviously not a good choice.

To summarize: on the poor side, buy the B150 and save for the B400. If you have the money just get the B400.

Apr 2, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #1,140 of 1,463

Nice write up. In case you are not aware advancedmp3players in the uk have a 15 percent off code for easter that expires monday, so you should be able to get the it01 for a bit cheaper still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back