Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Feb 8, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #946 of 1,463
Funny but I'm using the CP800s without any issues. It was a little bit of a tight fit but not something that caused me concern about damaging the B400s or the Spinfits. Do you think there's a difference sonically between the two?
I couldn't even fit them on! Lol

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #947 of 1,463
My RHA silicon tips have turned up and I think that I might actually prefer them to the spinfits. It’s a very close thing though, the spinfits have a narrower bore than the RHAs and I think that might make a difference to the treble.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #948 of 1,463
In my experience narrow bores tend to slightly elevate bass and congest/mud things a bit and wide bore tips tends to give a little bit more air and slightly reduce mid bass thus cleaning the sound a bit. But that also depends on the iem itself since some may be more susceptible to tip roll than others, also tip materials seems to affect it too. I'm also using the spinfit cp100 with mine, tried several other tips with wider and narrower bore and the Spinfit gives me the best pros vs cons. Gives me a little more sub-bass (i would like a smidge more) but slightly unfocused/diffuse mid-bass (still very fast tought) and a slightly more treble energy (also something i would appreciate a smidge more) but sometimes it sounds a little thin in treble with some of my songs. As always, this is my experience and the way it interacts with my ears may not be the same for you so ymmv. :)

You might want to try the RHA silicon tips, they’re a wider bore than the spinfits, but they are easier to get, at least in the UK. They only cost me £4.50 for 6 on amazon too!

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #949 of 1,463
My RHA silicon tips have turned up and I think that I might actually prefer them to the spinfits. It’s a very close thing though, the spinfits have a much narrower bore than the RHAs and I think that might make a difference to the treble.
Just ordered off Amazon. Had about $6 in points on my Amazon Visa so I paid 6 cents lol. Should be here by the 16th.

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #950 of 1,463
Just ordered off Amazon. Had about $6 in points on my Amazon Visa so I paid 6 cents lol. Should be here by the 16th.
That’s a bargain!

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #951 of 1,463
My RHA silicon tips have turned up and I think that I might actually prefer them to the spinfits. It’s a very close thing though, the spinfits have a narrower bore than the RHAs and I think that might make a difference to the treble.

Which RHAs did you get? The multi-flange or the Dual Density? Are the small / medium / large sizes comparable to the spinfits? They don't post any specs on their website.

Feb 9, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #952 of 1,463
Which RHAs did you get? The multi-flange or the Dual Density? Are the small / medium / large sizes comparable to the spinfits? They don't post any specs on their website.
I’m using the dual density ones, which are v.similar size to the spinfits. Mine are size small and look like the bore is slightly larger than the spinfits (small/purple core)

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #953 of 1,463
I just purchased mine from amazon with 60 usd refund from my previous sony to fiio wire purchase. Initially plan to use the refund for dekoni earpads for my m50x, but the 60 usd is not much different from buying fiio f9 or f9 pro (knowles hybrid). Ended up buying B400 because I always wanted a quad BAs to accompany my sony xba h3 hybrid.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #954 of 1,463
Just tried Medium black KZ Star tips. I think I'm liking these just tad more than the SpinFits, pretty much same sound with tad comfort. Treble might be a bit better, as well. Not significant though.

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #955 of 1,463
Just tried Medium black KZ Star tips. I think I'm liking these just tad more than the SpinFits, pretty much same sound with tad comfort. Treble might be a bit better, as well. Not significant though.
Sounds like my thoughts on the RHA silicon tips

Feb 10, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #956 of 1,463
Phew. Olives, finally.
Man, was that open nozzle worrisome; open wide and say ahh...earwax. Omnomnom.
20180210_191622.jpg

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #957 of 1,463
Feb 10, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #958 of 1,463
Received B400´s yesterday. Everything fine build quality and QC-wise. Sound does not immediately wow, gotta give it some more time. Ordered RHA tips out of curiosity. Are they tight enough for small nozzles?

These remind my UE Triple.Fi´s

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #959 of 1,463
Received B400´s yesterday. Everything fine build quality and QC-wise. Sound does not immediately wow, gotta give it some more time. Ordered RHA tips out of curiosity. Are they tight enough for small nozzles?

The dual density rha’s fit nicely and sound great too!

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #960 of 1,463

What are you using as source device? I assume something with a rather high output impedance (that reduces the Triple.Fi 10's treble quantity due to the in-ear's impedance response), since with a close-to-0-Ohm-source, the two in-ears are quite different in their (especially upper) treble reproduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back