Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Feb 5, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #931 of 1,463
Thanks for the answer Brooko!
The design of the curve in ear looks very comfortable.
I hate sibilants and that is why I am unsure what the Alclair because this somewhat lighter. (Are there any problems with sibilance the Curve in ear?)
Currently I use the Triple Driver from 1More. The B400 would be a clear upgrade?
Unfortunately, neither B400 still Curve far down into the deep bass, a typical weakness of BA drivers. Since the B400 uses 2 drivers for the bass, I find it amazing that hardly deep bass in the frequency measurement is to be seen. Maybe I should but as an upgrade to a better hybrid model.

Feb 5, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #932 of 1,463
There is plenty of rumble in the B400, and its extended really well. Sibilance can manifest at different frequencies in different people - so impossible to tell if you would be affected by the Curve. If you prefer a warmer tonality (from your comments, that is what I am deducing), then the B400 would be the better fit for you.

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #933 of 1,463
The design of the curve in ear looks very comfortable.
I hate sibilants and that is why I am unsure what the Alclair because this somewhat lighter. (Are there any problems with sibilance the Curve in ear?)
Currently I use the Triple Driver from 1More. The B400 would be a clear upgrade?
Unfortunately, neither B400 still Curve far down into the deep bass, a typical weakness of BA drivers. Since the B400 uses 2 drivers for the bass, I find it amazing that hardly deep bass in the frequency measurement is to be seen. Maybe I should but as an upgrade to a better hybrid model.

The B400 has great bass and as Brooko said it has great extensio
Yeah I tried a bunch of tips but setlled on the white core SpintFits from my Co-Donguri and it was the best sound though the tip was slightly loose on the nozzle. I found my Lyra II box and the SpinFits in their, grab the medium is size Grey outer/Dark Red core and it fits even better in my ear and doesn't fall off the nozzle while providing the same sound.

Stock tips - smooth but tight
SpinFits - opens them up and shoves a wee bit more air in there (i always love how SpinFits seem to add that little bit to the width)
INAIRS A3 Foam (small) - pushes vocals a bit more forward but they sound buttery smooth. Again opens them up just that little bit more but lacks the resolution of the stock tips

SpinFits seem to combine the best of foams and stock tips IMO

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #934 of 1,463
I would say the B400 is the more balanced, while the a4 is more v shaped regardless of what filter is used. To me, the a4's soundstage is flatter, with less depth than the b400's, but with more width than the b400. I love them both, but have definitely been using the b400's more than the a4's lately. They just have such an intoxicating and smooth signature, that plays most genres of music well.

Yes, I'd agree with the soundstage comparison 100%. The LZA4 is more open sounding and thinner than the B400, but still smooth sounding. Bass is tighter and has more punch on the LZA4, but the B400 is no slouch.. it's just a bit thicker (not muddy though). Mids are more froward on the B400. I find treble a bit better on the LZA4... some will say it's possibly the weakest area of the B400 as its a bit easy listening. I'd like more extension up top... can be too polite. My preference tho... still the B400. It's just musical and good fun.

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #935 of 1,463
I'd encourage anyone who finds the treble too muffled or rolled-off to try SpinFits. I've never been a fan in the past, but here I find them perfect (after slightly shortening the stems) because they add just a little air and light without impairing the smoothness that makes the B400 so enjoyable. With the stock tips it was all a bit too warm for me, but now I really have no complaints.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #936 of 1,463
Gotta agree about the spinfits pairing well with the B400, best seal I’ve got so far!
Tried spiral dots, trinity silicon’s and hybrids, brainwaves own, generic silicon, double flange silicon, and comply! Just ordered some rha silicons to see if they’re a good match, as spinfit are hard to get in UK and very expensive too!

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #937 of 1,463
Gotta agree about the spinfits pairing well with the B400, best seal I’ve got so far!
Tried spiral dots, trinity silicon’s and hybrids, brainwaves own, generic silicon, double flange silicon, and comply! Just ordered some rha silicons to see if they’re a good match, as spinfit are hard to get in UK and very expensive too!

Got mine here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...For-In-ear-Earphones-Headset/32721513220.html

Its like 5 euros, really cheap! Also with free shipping.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #938 of 1,463
CP100 or CP800?

Feb 7, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #940 of 1,463
Hmm... Can't exactly declare these as perfect, yet. Was listening to RHCP: BSSM - I Could Have Lied. I think these need a little bit more of dynamic range, I'm not getting the needed soft/loud difference with Frusciante's fingering.

On the second verse of the intro, the 4th and 10th notes, Frusciante definitely twanged the string harder. I'm not sure what the correct term is, hdr or transient.

If any of you guys manage to discriminate between those louder twangs and softer thumbing, maybe can share with us (me) the tips you're using? Or insertion depth, maybe? :thinking:

Could this probably be a hardware limitation of BAs or just driver tuning?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #941 of 1,463
CP100. 800 is too small. I posted this over the weekend

Thank you. I'll give them a try, So far I'm using B400 with the médium silicone installed tips.

Edited: bought the Spinfit tips, to see if they get a bit more treble energy compared to stock onea.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #942 of 1,463
I’m really enjoying the B400 with spinfit cp100 and Pioneer xdp-300 combo, with all genres. Using the balanced cable they sound detailed and I’m impressed with the soundstage.

Lucky Chops - Coco (live)
Matt Bianco - Get Out of Your Lazy Bed
Michael Bublé - Someday
Style Council - My Ever Changing Moods
Squeeze - Cool For Cats
Howard Shore - The Hobbit pt.1 cd.1 - Blunt the Knives
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Lady Antebellum - Hello World
Nat King Cole - Mona Lisa
Ed Sheeran - Perfect
Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling
Carpenters - Only Yesterday
Supertramp - Dreamer
Mark Ronson- Uptown Funk
Macy Gray - Sweet Baby - (Stripped) (soundstage is really good on this album)
You can’t say I’m not mixing it up!

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #943 of 1,463
2 mid drivers when the earlier info was correct.

@razzer001 How is the driver built-up on the B400?
2 low, 1 mid and 1 high?
1 low, 2 mids, 1 high.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #945 of 1,463
In my experience narrow bores tend to slightly elevate bass and congest/mud things a bit and wide bore tips tends to give a little bit more air and slightly reduce mid bass thus cleaning the sound a bit. But that also depends on the iem itself since some may be more susceptible to tip roll than others, also tip materials seems to affect it too. I'm also using the spinfit cp100 with mine, tried several other tips with wider and narrower bore and the Spinfit gives me the best pros vs cons. Gives me a little more sub-bass (i would like a smidge more) but slightly unfocused/diffuse mid-bass (still very fast tought) and a slightly more treble energy (also something i would appreciate a smidge more) but sometimes it sounds a little thin in treble with some of my songs. As always, this is my experience and the way it interacts with my ears may not be the same for you so ymmv. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back