Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Feb 3, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #916 of 1,463
Feb 3, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #917 of 1,463
warehouse, post: 14018272, member: 74199"]What do you think of that cable? I'm looking at buying the mic/remote version.[/QUOTE]
I like it alot except for it not having a chin slider. It doesn't tangle or retain memory and didn't degrade the sound at all in my opinion. I won't speak on the sound as I know that is a hot topic and I don't want to derail the thread. I feel it was very much worth the 40 bucks I paid for it and would buy it again immediately if something happened to it. Please let me know how the mic version works out for you if you end up getting it.[/QUOTE]

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #918 of 1,463
Still waiting for mine. Shipped on 19th of January. It was the Black Friday special, ordered on 29th November. zzzzzzzzzzzz

EDIT: Will probably ask for a refund. Sick of this bs

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #919 of 1,463
Anybody compared these to the TF-10’s?

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #920 of 1,463
Man... There is zero stock of olives islandwide. What are the odds of that? Stocks come in next week. @Brooko Do they really help bump the 7khz a little?

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #921 of 1,463
Still waiting for mine. Shipped on 19th of January. It was the Black Friday special, ordered on 29th November. zzzzzzzzzzzz

EDIT: Will probably ask for a refund. Sick of this bs

Not that it will make you feel better... I just received mine 2 days ago... Was sitting in USPS in New York State for 2 weeks for some reason...
Sound is very good. Extremely clean clear sound.

Feb 4, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #923 of 1,463
Yeah I'll wait a bit more :D
I ordered mine during the black friday sale time as well, and the wait was excruciating, lol. I contemplated canceling my order multiple times but decided not to cancel in the end. I'm glad I waited! The price to performance ratio is unreal!! I hope your wait will be as rewarding to you as it was to me.

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #924 of 1,463
Got some Westone Star Tips (Red) and CP800 SpinFit Large. They both have small bores, too small for the B400 unfortunately. SF were a pain to get on, if you want SF then get the 100.

The Westone weren't terrible to get on but I also go the long version which is red core so clarity was lost.

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #925 of 1,463
Man... There is zero stock of olives islandwide. What are the odds of that? Stocks come in next week. @Brooko Do they really help bump the 7khz a little?
I just remeasured, and with the B400 nozzle they actually don't. They measure pretty much exactly the same. With my Alclair Curve, the Olives do enhance that peak just a little, and its been the same with some other earphones like my q-Jays, so I'd assumed the B400 must be the same. In fact, frequency response on the Olives and Comply is practically identical. Thanks for questioning me on it - I'd rather get it right.

The one thing the Olives do give is much longer life (more durable).

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #926 of 1,463
Feb 5, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #927 of 1,463
Oh hey...couldn't find the cleaning tool in my carry case. Maybe the packaging guys forgot.

Aaanyways, updated my sig. She's a keeper. My preciousss.

Shoutout to @B9Scrambler and @Brooko for your reviews of Havis and B400, respectively. I'll soon buy and reassign my new Havis as emergency/break glass IEMS.

With the grip these B4s are having on me, I'll probably be too busy...getting lost in genres after subgenres...to review them. I'll try drafting it. Cheers.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #928 of 1,463
@ Broko
You had the B400 compared with the Alclair Curve. The frequency measurements look very similar. Which of the two is technically the better in ear?
How good is the alclair curve in terms of Soundstage instruments separation and resolution?
How good is the quality of Materials from the Alclair Curve in comparison to the B400?
I would appreciate it if you would write something to my questions
THX
Jenz

Feb 5, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #930 of 1,463
@ Broko
You had the B400 compared with the Alclair Curve. The frequency measurements look very similar. Which of the two is technically the better in ear?
How good is the alclair curve in terms of Soundstage instruments separation and resolution?
How good is the quality of Materials from the Alclair Curve in comparison to the B400?
I would appreciate it if you would write something to my questions
THX
Jenz

I wouldn't say either is technically better, and preference is going to play a big part.
  1. Freq is similar, but comparatively the B400 is smoother, and has a fuller tonality. The Curve is brighter, a little leaner, and shows more apparent detail. My preference is the Curve - but that's because it is the natural signature I gravitate toward more.

2. The Curve (IMO) because of its brighter tonality appears clearer, and with that comes less masking and more apparent manifestation of resolution and separation. Brighter sounds can also accentuate the semblance of sound-stage, so the Curve might appear more expansive, but it depends on the music you listen to, and I think they are pretty similar. If I ever want more sound-stage, I always use DSP anyway (Viper or Neutron's built in tools).

3. Both have very good build, but ultimately the Curve has better finish, and because of its ergonomics, better comfort.

If you like a fuller, warmer signature without sacrificing speed or detail, the B400 is extremely good. If you like a really balanced signature, with just a slight tilt toward a leaner signature, I find the Curve very hard to beat. My preference is the Curve - yours will depend on your own personal tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back