Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Feb 10, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #961 of 1,463
What are you using as source device? I assume something with a rather high output impedance (that reduces the Triple.Fi 10's treble quantity due to the in-ear's impedance response), since with a close-to-0-Ohm-source, the two in-ears are quite different in their (especially upper) treble reproduction.

Actually my triple.fis are second hand (bought last year) and based on reviews I suspect they are faulted somehow since they sound pretty mid focused and lack detail. Its kind of strange since both both plugs sound exactly the same? Maybe thats why they bear some resemblance to these?

Feb 11, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #963 of 1,463
Actually my triple.fis are second hand (bought last year) and based on reviews I suspect they are faulted somehow since they sound pretty mid focused and lack detail. Its kind of strange since both both plugs sound exactly the same? Maybe thats why they bear some resemblance to these?

My thoughts: three possible scenarios:
  1. The DAP/Amp/Smartphone/PC/soundcard/whatever you are using as source has simply got a high output impedance that reduces the Triple.Fi 10's treble due to its impedance response (T.F 10 + source with high output impedance = clearly reduced treble response). Plugging it into a source that has a low output resistance (doesn't even have to be expensive - the now discontinued Sansa Clip Zip was good in this regard, and some of AGPTek's players such as the C05 are pretty good as well).
  2. Since your T.F 10 is used, the previous owner might have pushed his/her amplifier's/source's sound output to the limit, causing bad clipping that eventually destroyed both tweeters. It isn't all that likely though.
  3. Clogged filters - sweat and cerumen have clogged the acoustic dampers over time.

I still suspect scenario #1 to be the reason.

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #964 of 1,463
What do you think of that cable? I'm looking at buying the mic/remote version.

So I received the mic version of the cable. Overall build quality is good but it will not work with iOS devices so I am returning it. It did work with my android device so if you're looking for a decent mic/remote android cable I think it's a good choice for the money. I think I'll just stick with the stock cables for now.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #965 of 1,463
Recommendation for lo-fi genres i.e. rap, hip-hop etc:
Screenshot_20180212-123115.png

Result: slower bass decay, "sustained" sub-bass rrumbllll.
That oughtta shut my ex-inner-basshead up, the little crap. :ksc75smile:

Don't forget to turn it off when you're using DD iems.

Feb 12, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #966 of 1,463
Hello I'm new here, when searching for new headphones I came across headfi.org and the B400. which after reading the thread and also some of the reviews I would like to buy, but the import is annoying for me, because it is charged with not inconsiderable fees. So I was happy when razzer001 posted the following

BTW those that have been waiting to purchase these off Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (with shipping throughout EU), we will start to have B400 frosty units stocked at each respective site by this coming Monday.

Since last Monday I look for the b400 almost daily on amazon.co.uk, but I can't find it.
Any news on this?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #969 of 1,463
Hi muahdib.
I’m new too, I ordered mine direct (using the discount code!) and am expecting them on my desk today.

In the uk they have been delivered by Royal Mail. The imports fees were £11:37 total.
Hi, thanks for info. I'm from Germany here you have to pay 19% import fee + Fedex or DHL require 20-30€ for customs clearance :triportsad: .
For £12 fee I would have ordered already

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #970 of 1,463
Got mine direct 10 days or so ago but no duty or taxes to pay in UK. Mine were marked as a gift on label though. Delivered by Royal Mail.

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #971 of 1,463
Hi, thanks for info. I'm from Germany here you have to pay 19% import fee + Fedex or DHL require 20-30€ for customs clearance :triportsad: .
For £12 fee I would have ordered already

Fellow german here. You would only have to pay the 19% "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer" IF it got stuck at customs AND IF they decide to open it.
I imported the B400 without any problems (aka fees). Tracking even said that it went through customs.

Feb 12, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #972 of 1,463
Bought a pair in the black color as well, and unsurprisingly I'm utterly satisfied with the sound, But the painting is extremely bad for this price range, there's a huge mark just above the cable connector (which isn't dirt, I tried to remove it). Also at certain parts these lines are visible, its extremely hard to capture on photo tho.

Also I did not get the cleaning kit included in the box..
pics:

https://imgur.com/a/SYhPq

Attachments

• IMG_20180212_183450.jpg
    IMG_20180212_183450.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180212_183550.jpg
    IMG_20180212_183550.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #973 of 1,463
Hi all - I've used UE TF10s for about 7 years prior, and because they were getting quite old / the housing was breaking down (and are not the most comfortable) I decided to take the plunge and get the B400. Am loving the dynamic range but am surprised at how male classical vocals in particular don't sound particularly realistic compared to the TF10 - would anyone be able to explain why? It tends to sound slightly muddier than the TF10s and noticeably more artificial. I'm wondering if I should just go back to the TF10s and maybe get them reshelled to solve the comfort issue. Any suggestions? Would it be worth trying some different tips to see if it helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back