BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #1,246 of 1,701
It's pretty good but also pretty vanilla. Easy rec for someone wanting to own one pair as an all arounder who doesn't really have a specific taste truly pinned down.

For a hobbyist, it'll be useful for making comparisons, but knowing my own tastes well enough, I probably won't listen to it all that much beyond using it for comparisons.

I think it'll be great as a standard, much better than the blon in my opinion. The blon just lacks clarity and scalability , which may not be evident from a cell phone, but any decent DAP or DAC puts a microscope on its relativite flaws. The IT00 actually scales nicely and just sounds better and better on high end equipment, rather than being best used from a phone.
Hmmmm... Would love to get a hold of one of those pairs to see how it sounds to me, because it's totally foreign to me when I've seen people describe it that way and I'd really just like to know if it's unit variation, defective sets, unannounced revisions, hearing differences or what exactly. You're in Indonesia though so I probably can't get you're pair too easily.

But I'm very curious about this set in particularly because it is one of my subjective favorites and the way some people describe (and as you've said there are a good number of you guys) is drastically different than some others describe it and usually you don't see such drastically different opinions split almost evenly.

Anyway, still waiting on the BQ6!
Never seen it described like that. Mine doesn’t sound like a dark Guinness sound.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #1,247 of 1,701
Is burn in much of a factor with Spring 2? Following my initial impression, I’m finding treble is too sharp, eg drum cymbals, trumpet high notes. Feel like my ears have become oversensitized to sharp treble lately

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #1,248 of 1,701
Is burn in much of a factor with Spring 2? Following my initial impression, I’m finding treble is too sharp, eg drum cymbals, trumpet high notes. Feel like my ears have become oversensitized to sharp treble lately

My impressions are a) yes, 24 - 36 hours burn in changes the tonality of the treble from brittle to crisp but b) how boosted it is really depends on tips. I’ve gone back to the medium short bore Reference tips that came with it, after thinking wide bores were definitely the way to go, as I either got more sensitive to the treble or it boosted a bit with use (I have a good amount of time on these now). I only really noticed very recently, after a break listening to the IT00s. The good news is the bass sounds much more textured now and better separated than at the beginning (I did change cable as well).

My bigger problem is it seems to have eradicated most of my bass head tendencies, and several of my other sets are sounding a bit too dark now (isn d10 and Audiosense t800).

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #1,249 of 1,701
My impressions are a) yes, 24 - 36 hours burn in changes the tonality of the treble from brittle to crisp but b) how boosted it is really depends on tips. I’ve gone back to the medium short bore Reference tips that came with it, after thinking wide bores were definitely the way to go, as I either got more sensitive to the treble or it boosted a bit with use (I have a good amount of time on these now). I only really noticed very recently, after a break listening to the IT00s. The good news is the bass sounds much more textured now and better separated than at the beginning (I did change cable as well).

My bigger problem is it seems to have eradicated most of my bass head tendencies, and several of my other sets are sounding a bit too dark now (isn d10 and Audiosense t800).
I’ve tried a variety of tips, narrow to wide bore, also foam. I’ll try stock too. Thanks. I ordered 4.4 cable with Spring2, one of the cable options that came with. Appears nice. I wonder if 4.4 is overkill with these as volume is plenty loud at 38 or less with Hiby R5. I’ll try burn in.

Aug 18, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #1,250 of 1,701

Yeah they brought that area to life on the Spring 2 over the Spring 1. I have had them since early July and my take is on the blog in my signature if anyone is looking for another comparison between old and new.

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #1,251 of 1,701
Yeah they brought that area to life on the Spring 2 over the Spring 1. I have had them since early July and my take is on the blog in my signature if anyone is looking for another comparison between old and new.
Very interesting and well written review, thank you. Always nice to see tip comparison graphs as well, not nearly enough of those!

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #1,252 of 1,701
I have the BQ3 and really like it for its bass thickness and overall sound signature for EDM.

At first I was using big, double-flange tips. But the suction with those when removing the IEMs from my ears resulted in them often slipping off the IEMs.
Now I am using 'standard' silicone tips with some foam inside them. But I really need to push them far to get a proper seal, and isolation is not where I want it.

Any tips? I know the BQ3 nozzle is not that long, maybe a longer/ better isolating eartip that doesn't cause 'suction' is best...

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #1,253 of 1,701
I have the BQ3 and really like it for its bass thickness and overall sound signature for EDM.

At first I was using big, double-flange tips. But the suction with those when removing the IEMs from my ears resulted in them often slipping off the IEMs.
Now I am using 'standard' silicone tips with some foam inside them. But I really need to push them far to get a proper seal, and isolation is not where I want it.

Any tips? I know the BQ3 nozzle is not that long, maybe a longer/ better isolating eartip that doesn't cause 'suction' is best...

Tips for tips? Try azla sedna earfit (the original not short version) for longer ones and they sounded good with wide bore, also they have great fit and seal, one of the best.
Just be careful with their sizing, because they are like half size bigger than others, so if you are using M, you may use MS or M

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #1,254 of 1,701
Noticing improvements in overall coherence after 30hrs+ Spring2 burn in, better frequency integration. Treble still sounds shrill, grainy, disjointed and unnatural, even with modest EQ (Hiby mseb). Keep burning I guess (though the burn may be my own).
Edit: got to cable swapping. Figured nothing to lose, even though 4.4 came with S2 looks very nice. Anyways, other 4.4 inexpensive brands, no change. Attached 3.5 cable, cheap. Ok, irritation of high frequencies is noticeably lessened....

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #1,255 of 1,701
I wonder if anyone has used S2 via 4.4 much? Going from 4.4 to 3.5 appears to have settled most issues for me. With Hiby R5 dap. Sounding pretty darn good. My excitement gets the best of me and I post prematurely. Perhaps an impedance mismatch S2 & R5 4.4 output?

Aug 20, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #1,256 of 1,701
So if I were to go for a $100-200 IEM...
Spring 2 or Fiio FH3? I find the driver setup of the Spring 2 enticing, but then... I want something that's a bit of an upgrade / complement to my beloved Starfield and not just get another pair of IEMs just for their own sake. That's what the sub-$100 section of the Chifi market is for. :D (Kinda eyeing the BQYEZ KC2 for that... Because obviously I don't own enough IEMs yet... Damn cargo cult hobby...)

Aug 20, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #1,258 of 1,701
So if I were to go for a $100-200 IEM...
Spring 2 or Fiio FH3? I find the driver setup of the Spring 2 enticing, but then... I want something that's a bit of an upgrade / complement to my beloved Starfield and not just get another pair of IEMs just for their own sake. That's what the sub-$100 section of the Chifi market is for. :D (Kinda eyeing the BQYEZ KC2 for that... Because obviously I don't own enough IEMs yet... Damn cargo cult hobby...)
I find the BQEYZ Spring 2, TRI I3 and Shozy Rouge all superior to and more enjoyable than the Starfield.

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #1,259 of 1,701
I wonder if anyone has used S2 via 4.4 much? Going from 4.4 to 3.5 appears to have settled most issues for me. With Hiby R5 dap. Sounding pretty darn good. My excitement gets the best of me and I post prematurely. Perhaps an impedance mismatch S2 & R5 4.4 output?
It’s a definite possibility, the impedance does drop like a stone at the top end.
E9AD0E91-7E2C-45C7-9775-068C0853C3F7.png

Measurements courtesy of @durwood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back