BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #751 of 1,701
I wouldn't look to the Spring1 for that stuff. I like it a lot, but naturalness is not it's strong suite, and I wouldn't describe the bass as beeing super fast and defined (though I still think it's quite good). Have you considered the Dunu Titan 6? It has the same form factor, sounds natural to my ears, and the bass has some nice punch to it. I'm really enjoying mine, and haven't really listended to my **** since I got it.

I agree about the naturalness of the sound but the bass is quite good to my ears. If you want a pair of very natural sounding earphones the spring 1 would be near the bottom of my list for the pairs I've heard, but it's just so unique sounding in the staging department.... But just not what people are used to hearing. I don't have an analogous pair for the recessed/veiled sounds it presents in such a pleasant way.... Most of the time those descriptions are strictly negative, but I enjoy them here.

The DunuT6 is on my short list to get next (as well as the ****, tfz no.3, trn im2, etc). Is the bass powerful and deep? Big DD drivers intrigue me.

And the weird, strange but good, sound effect (@SciOC mentioned like under water sound) are all answered. Its all due the cloth mesh behind the nozzle grill (they stick on the back of nozzle grill). Take out this, sound become more natural, clarity on different level, and most important bass department, become no longer bloated, boomy. Now become tight, deep.
Seriously, differences is day and night without sound harsh (there is another damper for the BA)

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #752 of 1,701
I was hoping that the spring 1 would be ~$100 or so during 11.11.

Unfortunately, it’s only been discounted $1.98usd. Not even $2.

Eh, I guess that’s the universe’s way of telling me to skip it lol

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #753 of 1,701
I was hoping that the spring 1 would be ~$100 or so during 11.11.

Unfortunately, it’s only been discounted $1.98usd. Not even $2.

Eh, I guess that’s the universe’s way of telling me to skip it lol

Same feeling here. On the March sale I got the BQ3 for $42. That's almost 40% discount over the list price.
I was hoping to get the spring 1 a bit under $100, and that's definitely not cheap for my reality ...

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #754 of 1,701
Same feeling here. On the March sale I got the BQ3 for $42. That's almost 40% discount over the list price.
I was hoping to get the spring 1 a bit under $100, and that's definitely not cheap for my reality ...

Exactly. I assumed the Spring 1 discounts would follow all of the other BQEYZ earphones (except the KB100, which is an exclusive model to 1 seller who has sole discretion to dictate the price).

I guess I’ll wait until next 11.11. Maybe they’ll drop by then.

I felt from the very beginning that the $135 pricing was a bit high.

Now, don’t get me wrong; I’m not saying they’re not worth that. But competition is fierce, and BQEYZ is still unknown to most people. I always thought $100 was a more realistic street price.

I’ll also keep my eyes out for a used pair. There is a new hype train every month, and I’m sure someone will get sick of their Spring 1 and put them up for sale.

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #755 of 1,701
And the weird, strange but good, sound effect (@SciOC mentioned like under water sound) are all answered. Its all due the cloth mesh behind the nozzle grill (they stick on the back of nozzle grill). Take out this, sound become more natural, clarity on different level, and most important bass department, become no longer bloated, boomy. Now become tight, deep.
Seriously, differences is day and night without sound harsh (there is another damper for the BA)
Recommended then? Is it easy to reverse if I don't like it? I tend to have below average fine motor skills but high ability to mod otherwise....

Exactly. I assumed the Spring 1 discounts would follow all of the other BQEYZ earphones (except the KB100, which is an exclusive model to 1 seller who has sole discretion to dictate the price).

Now, don’t get me wrong; I’m not saying they’re not worth that. But competition is fierce, and BQEYZ is still unknown to most people. I always thought $100 was a more realistic street price.

I’ll also keep my eyes out for a used pair. There is a new hype train every month, and I’m sure someone will get sick of their Spring 1 and put them up for sale.
I bet you'll see some for sale and will see the price drop soon, or when they release their next model. This feels like a prototype that needs a couple more BA drivers to complete the picture.

That being said, it's very unique, and I enjoy owning it. That's been my thing lately, is that I want something out of the ordinary. I have plenty of ordinary, great sounding pairs already. This sounds different (for better or worse? ymmv...).

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #756 of 1,701
This feels like a prototype that needs a couple more BA drivers to complete the picture.

I would definitely like to see an iteration with improved midrange, which I think is the Spring 1's actual weak area. (I think the bass is totally okay, provided a sufficiently powerful source & suitable eartips.)

Speaking of reversible mods, has anybody experimented with taping any of the three vents?

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #757 of 1,701
Of course they are not in the same league as I said before also. ZSX V90 BLON level is below this detail guru. try wide bore tips and burn them first, I founf the wide bore with shallow insertion sounds the best for me.

annnddddd.. credit to @Bui Hai Anh who has mentioned that He was experiment with the spring 1 nozzle grill, but then he put back on. Short story i was listening to the BLON, and then pick up the Spring 1 immediately and after listen, I found that Spring 1 is more detail, but like being veiled, like there is too much of something behind that cant get out, congested.
Suddenly i remember our friend @Bui Hai Anh, and I took out my tips and watched closely to the nozzle grill.. This is it! the nozzle grill holes are too small, there are so much blocking surface and my logic were saying if they attach with big 13mm driver but then cant go out at the same time, some air will be bounced back and made bloated sound.

So I took off my grill nozzle to try. D*mn!! thiss is the culprit!!! maybe BQEYZ was tune the Spring 1 without the final design of the nozzle grill. After I remove them, wow the BASS! faster, much tighter, not bloated at all, made me craving more, more balance between sub and mid bass, you have to try this. mids become more clear and highs also. On cons side, upper mids more aggresive but still safe, but on edge of being shouty, maybe can be a little bit shouty with some tracks, but they are still safe overall because the BA itself have dampers.

They are more fun now, and bass sounds crazy good. Cant believe that tiny little grill can hold so much potential and crash the goodness of the tuning. BQEYZ should know this if they dont know yet. I put back the nozzle grill now, waiting my replacement "dust network" to arrive.

if you want to do a little work, trust me : nozzle grill and eartips. Very easy mods.

Edit: here the "too blocking nozzle grill" which is the culprit of bloated bass

Update : actually that were nozzle grill with thin black cloth on backside, they stick them together. I remember @Slater also said the same about BQEYZ dampers. Seriously take out them and these become crazy set! (dont worry they are still smooth enough, the BAs have their own dampers)

This is the nozzle grill

And this is the backside of it (contains black mesh cloth that glued together - this is the culprit)

Now take off that black mesh cloth

Your nozzle grill without cloth should be like this, same material front and back

Just put them back and now spring 1 sounds terrific!! No more bloated bass, more clarity.

If youre too scared, just try to remove the nozzle grill and try without grill at all.

Cheers!

Tried it. I did a similar mod on my Moondrop Aria. I agree it's an improvement. Be careful not to bend the grills when you remove the mesh, and be aware that removal of the mesh may take the adhesive with it. Might have to reapply some (I don't think I'll need to, but I might). Thanks!

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #758 of 1,701

You are right Slater, i was a bit shocked when first time they want to play in higher game, didnt expect they will play in KP areas. I was very skeptical. But given the information that they would be much better than lovely KB100 in the end i jumped into them as early adopter.

A bit dissapointer out of the box because bloated messy bass ootb, even they have plenty of details, better than most iem I've ever heard in this price range and I thought there is must he a way to made bass better. Finally i just found this way to remove the nozzle grill few days back. while eartips rolling made better together with burn in if you are a believer (im half believer just because its free so nothing to lose) i felt they already good enough but maybe its driver limitation and i was wrong. Open the small grill affected so much in sound quality, beyond my expectation. I dont want to be heard like subjective person as Im not from the beginning but they are very clear this way, bass is 1 of top notch (very weird, from bloated messy become very great).

Hopefully they have great sale at 11.11 or you have a chance to get it on your preference budget (early adopter cam get $20 discount actually, maybe you can try to message the seller if you are buying from their official store) because in fact I hope to hear your impressions especially compared to bl03 and t800.

Recommended then? Is it easy to reverse if I don't like it? I tend to have below average fine motor skills but high ability to mod otherwise....

I bet you'll see some for sale and will see the price drop soon, or when they release their next model. This feels like a prototype that needs a couple more BA drivers to complete the picture.

That being said, it's very unique, and I enjoy owning it. That's been my thing lately, is that I want something out of the ordinary. I have plenty of ordinary, great sounding pairs already. This sounds different (for better or worse? ymmv...).

As for reversible, you can take out the nozzle grill completely, they are sounded almost the same with metal nozzle grill without black cloth mesh so of you dont like them you can just put on the nozzle grill and press them to stick them thats all. Im no @Slater or any other handy friends here but its much easier than what youve been imagining maybe.

If you like the changed sound, listen to the bass, the mids, overall coherency there are 2 ways:

1. Buy replaceable nozzle grill in aliexpress, with keyword "dust network" buy 4.7mm and 5mm (mine havent arrived yet so im inpatient and take the 2 route below). With this method you can keep the original nozzle and totally reversible, just swap them back if you want in the future.

2. Do like I did, take off the mesh cloth and put back the original nozzle grill, this is not reversible as cloth mesh will be torn out usually during removal and i think its abit difficult to put them back even you have successfully take them out without damaged them ( i mean difficult to put them back neatly nas they are very small)

Anyway you can try to remove the grill completely first and try. I would like to hear your comparison with shuoer tape also vs opened grill spring 1 if possible.
Its weird that you like that 'underwater' sound well its preferences afterall, but this little mod eliminate that for more clarity, more natural timbre, much better bass response.

Let me know your impressions buddy.

I would definitely like to see an iteration with improved midrange, which I think is the Spring 1's actual weak area. (I think the bass is totally okay, provided a sufficiently powerful source & suitable eartips.)

Speaking of reversible mods, has anybody experimented with taping any of the three vents?

This little mod made the mids become 1 of the best. I like them more than my Kanas Pro, in fact they are not much left behind with my M7 in clarity and details, just lose on layering and imaging on mids.

About taping vent holes for increasing bass quantity, im not a fan of tape mode actually because of the risk, but im pretty sure it can be done easily as they have 2 rear vents, you can try with 1 vent first.

Oct 29, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #760 of 1,701
What's the best way to actually get the grills removed? Are folks prying them off with a knife/razor?

just use needle, put into 1 holes (dont insert it too deep, careful for the BA and its damper on behind that grill) and pry carefully, a bit stiff at first because of the adhesive on the edge.
watch tools also can be used. Goodluck

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #761 of 1,701

I got a $20 discount just by asking. You might try the same. Don’t know if they’ll still do it, but worth a try if it’s worth it to you.

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #762 of 1,701
The included "Reference" tips are good to my ears on the Spring 1, as are the Tenmak Whirlwinds. Spiral Dots were so-so (in comparison, I think the Spiral Dots work great on something like the LZ A6mini).

How would you say the LZ A6 Mini compares to the Spring 1? I have the Spring 1, but I was also interested in the A6 Mini.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #763 of 1,701
just use needle, put into 1 holes (dont insert it too deep, careful for the BA and its damper on behind that grill) and pry carefully, a bit stiff at first because of the adhesive on the edge.
watch tools also can be used. Goodluck

Okay, I popped 'em off -- getting a bit less muffled bass, and the overall tonality is maybe a little less weird.

But I feel like I'm also getting more sibilance? It's hard to say, because I don't have a second pair to do a comparison. I find that even with Spinfit CP145, which were my least sibilant tips, I am wanting to EQ 8k down when I wasn't before. But it's easier to fix that with EQ than the bass, so not necessarily a bad trade-off.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #764 of 1,701
Okay, I popped 'em off -- getting a bit less muffled bass, and the overall tonality is maybe a little less weird.

But I feel like I'm also getting more sibilance? It's hard to say, because I don't have a second pair to do a comparison. I find that even with Spinfit CP145, which were my least sibilant tips, I am wanting to EQ 8k down when I wasn't before. But it's easier to fix that with EQ than the bass, so not necessarily a bad trade-off.

tips play importants part too, use wide bore if you have or at least medium with shallow fit (long eartips made resonance may affecting mid bass and highs as well) I'm a treble sensitive person that always prefer rolled off trebles and while they are now on borderline of shouty high mids, but still safe enough for me, still smooth.

Yes that mesh cloth made overall tonality off and soundstage sounded not so natural, after took off now they are sound very natural with wide soundstage, most importantly bass part that i was feel bloated, boomy, wooly

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #765 of 1,701
tips play importants part too, use wide bore if you have or at least medium with shallow fit (long eartips made resonance may affecting mid bass and highs as well) I'm a treble sensitive person that always prefer rolled off trebles and while they are now on borderline of shouty high mids, but still safe enough for me, still smooth.

Yes that mesh cloth made overall tonality off and soundstage sounded not so natural, after took off now they are sound very natural with wide soundstage, most importantly bass part that i was feel bloated, boomy, wooly

Oh, I also tried all the wide bore tips I have handy, of course. Getting sibilance with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back