BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #767 of 1,701
How does this BQEYZ cable compare to the stock cable?

BQEYZ 8 Core Single crystal copper cable Earphones 0.78mm\MMCX Cable Connectors For BQ3 KC2 K2 KB1 S2 PRO T2 P1 DT8 **** PT25 (SA Audio Store)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #768 of 1,701
Oh, I also tried all the wide bore tips I have handy, of course. Getting sibilance with everything.

are you using bright source? I know its borderline but still safe even for someone treble sensitive like me. And with copper cable they are more tamed (high mids - highs)

I like my Spring1’s just the way they are. I don’t hear muffled anything and I like the bass. If you have a dap that has high gain/ low gain...high gain will bring up the mids.

yeah dont get me wrong, they are already have great clarity from the start, but when you open that cloth mesh org try with opened grill, clarity is catching up to TOTL and tonality become more natural. For me bass part was important part, maybe Im just too overly picky about low frequencies, but seriously this mod made bass way much better. just try if you got spare time.

How does this BQEYZ cable compare to the stock cable?

BQEYZ 8 Core Single crystal copper cable Earphones 0.78mm\MMCX Cable Connectors For BQ3 KC2 K2 KB1 S2 PRO T2 P1 DT8 **** PT25 (SA Audio Store)

any pic to it? I never bought any bqeyz cable before

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #769 of 1,701
any pic to it? I never bought any bqeyz cable before
No pic. They are the same as the aftermarket cables on the BQEYZ store.

Has anyone tried them?

I would rather buy a BQEYZ branded cable then another brand that might not sound good with their iem.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #770 of 1,701
Oct 30, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #771 of 1,701
Is removing the grils on spring 1 reversable? If I don't like the sound without grils will they fall out or do I have to glue them back?

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #772 of 1,701
Is removing the grils on spring 1 reversable? If I don't like the sound without grils will they fall out or do I have to glue them back?

the adhesives are reusable, just plug back onto nozzle and you're done. But i think you'll like it. Cheers!

*note using pure copper cable seems better with removed grill, or i use them with BT20 which is not as bright as default spring 1 cable (silver plated copper)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #773 of 1,701
tips play importants part too, use wide bore if you have or at least medium with shallow fit (long eartips made resonance may affecting mid bass and highs as well) I'm a treble sensitive person that always prefer rolled off trebles and while they are now on borderline of shouty high mids, but still safe enough for me, still smooth.

Yes that mesh cloth made overall tonality off and soundstage sounded not so natural, after took off now they are sound very natural with wide soundstage, most importantly bass part that i was feel bloated, boomy, wooly

Thank you for doing the mod and sharing
your findings with us. I really loved the sound the first few hours of listening to them because my ears were tired from all the comparisons I've been doing lately and their smooth but detailed sound was soothing, but the more songs I listened to I started to notice the sort of boxy or veiled sound, especially in voices. So, does this mod really get rid of that veiled/under water quality? I see so much potential with these but that aspect of the sound is making me think returning of them.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #774 of 1,701

It will depend on how much of the adhesive stays on the relevant bits during disassembly. An additional complicating factor is that the mesh may separate from the grill on its own when detaching the grill -- this happened to me on one side. Reassembling both parts looks possible, but probably annoying. (I have not attempted it.)

your findings with us. I really loved the sound the first few hours of listening to them because my ears were tired from all the comparisons I've been doing lately and their smooth but detailed sound was soothing, but the more songs I listened to I started to notice the sort of boxy or veiled sound, especially in voices. So, does this mod really get rid of that veiled/under water quality? I see so much potential with these but that aspect of the sound is making me think returning of them.

IMO there are multiple potential sources of veiled/underwater sound with this IEM. (For example, the only time they sounded underwater to me was when using a high-impedance source.) But I would say that the vocal timbre was improved by the mod, with the caveat that I am also experiencing more sibilance with vocals. (YMMV) Bass is also improved slightly by the mod (vs. unmodded with good power source and CP145 tips) but still has a slightly muffled quality to me. It's not bad bass by any means, though. Just not the strong point here.

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #776 of 1,701

Just exactly like what I thought before, i see great potential but the bass were bloated and soundstage a bit off. Then i realize when i compared A B ing with blon accidentally. Like they are veiled, like there are so much of something but being covered bt something, cant unleash them.

And finally found the culprit is the cloth mesh.

Yes, just exactly this mod get totally rid that underwater/boxy/fake surround effect whatever you have listened. Just try it, its free and easy. If you dont like just put them back on. Cheers

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #777 of 1,701
Not a particularly bright source. (ES100->Ray Samuels SR71A) But I will also experiment with my ALO CDM when I get a chance.

So with opened grill, best is using copper cable for me or using my BT20 or using a bit warm source. But even using default or other silver plated cable, i still can enjoy tracks without fatiguing, because the BA still have another damper on top of it.

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #778 of 1,701
I really like the way they sound stock, I don't think I'll mess with mine since it makes them so unique sounding right now.

Now my shuoer tape on the other hand, those need some mods for the treble.

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #779 of 1,701
Just exactly like what I thought before, i see great potential but the bass were bloated and soundstage a bit off. Then i realize when i compared A B ing with blon accidentally. Like they are veiled, like there are so much of something but being covered bt something, cant unleash them.

And finally found the culprit is the cloth mesh.

Yes, just exactly this mod get totally rid that underwater/boxy/fake surround effect whatever you have listened. Just try it, its free and easy. If you dont like just put them back on. Cheers
Ok, cool. I think I'll try it. Where I mostly notice it, oddly enough, is on YouTube commercials, where voices often sound strangely veiled and boxy, unlike any of my other IEMs. But most of the time in music the Spring 1 sounds amazing.

The other thing is that I'm only running it on my LG V40 phone in AUX mode because I lost my impedance adapter to trick it into high impedance mode and I'm wondering if it would benefit by running in high impedance mode?

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #780 of 1,701
I really like the way they sound stock, I don't think I'll mess with mine since it makes them so unique sounding right now.

Now my shuoer tape on the other hand, those need some mods for the treble.
Interesting you bring those up...I was just thinking about them and wondering how they compare to the Spring 1. Which do you like better? And could you do a quick comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back