BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #61 of 1,701
I find my KB1 very strange soundoung really. The positioning of the stage is really different then my other earphones. It is big, but sometimes it sounds like the stage is behind me. Not in front. Also, they seem to have the same, or a bigger mid treble peak then the trn v80(if i can remember), but i think that the reason that i find this peak so odd it is because the bass is more controled just as the overall sound. It gets strange.

The bass is incredible, fast and textured, the instruments seem very well separaded, stage is very airy besides the strange positioning, but the sound is just incoherent for me. At first i tought the wire was out of phase, but i tried the same cable on my old KZ ZST and all went normal.

If this iem sounds exactly like i received mine, i defnitely don't recommend at almost 50$

This is closer to my overall experience, although my feelings were that it was quite peaky in the treble, especially lower treble, after which there was a roll-off. Reminded me of a Kinera Seed a bit.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #62 of 1,701
Received the TRN 8-core 0.78mm cable yesterday (black and white). Put it on my KC2, and all I can say is that this is the cable the KC2 should've come with. Quality and comfort are amazing, especially for the price. Way better than the KZ equivalent IMHO. Can't really comment on the SQ yet, but just the look and feel of it is much more premium, unlike the stock cable which I find flimsy and prone to tangling.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #63 of 1,701
I've run some more practice tests with my measurement gear and found that the KB1 and BQ3 both have some phasing issues. Throwing them on the analyzer and running some tests over the phase might show you a lot about the nature of that odd stage.

For Example,. this plot is of the BQ3 but shows what I am referencing.

upload_2019-1-4_9-39-31.png

Jan 4, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #64 of 1,701
I've run some more practice tests with my measurement gear and found that the KB1 and BQ3 both have some phasing issues. Throwing them on the analyzer and running some tests over the phase might show you a lot about the nature of that odd stage.

For Example,. this plot is of the BQ3 but shows what I am referencing.

Nice, so we can suposse i don't have a defective pair ?

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #65 of 1,701
Nice, so we can suposse i don't have a defective pair ?

I think my daughter has my KB1, I'll see if I can pry them from her long enough to run the graph on them and post it so you can compare. If they look equally gnarly, then it probably isnt one or the other that is out of spec.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #66 of 1,701
That was easier than I thought, they were on her dresser.

Here is the SPL trace for both left and right on the KB1
upload_2019-1-4_20-57-19.png

And here are the phase numbers: First left

upload_2019-1-4_20-58-7.png

Then Right side

upload_2019-1-4_20-58-30.png

These arent near as busy as the BQ3, but also not nearly as many drivers to deal with.

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #67 of 1,701
Why this BQEYZ impressions thread on Help and recommendation section?? this BQEYZ definitely need more attention. I find it they are a level above KZs seriously. Soundstage, details, resolution are good enough for chifi under $50. somebody review it as best below $50, put a side Tin Audio T2.
I could agree with this. I got BQEYZ KB100 recently and my impressions are good wide soundstage, good details, good clarity, forward mids, a slightly bleed mid bass but still good enough compared to other $50 chifis, rolled of treble but still have those sparkles (i put on spiral dots, EQ, upping 6khz and 16khz) and what so important is no harsh peak like KZs. Its really does sound more above the level of same priced earphones.
Just, i feel my bass on left piece sounds a bit lower than my right one. is it just me or anyone here feel the same. Or just my brain playing with me?

and anyone have frequency response of KB100? cant find it anywhere. Thanks a lot

Jan 6, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #69 of 1,701
Does anyone know how to have this moved to the proper forum? I did not realize it was in Help and Recommendations.

Click report, and type the brief request in the box explaining to the admin that it’s accidentally in the wrong place and can they please move the thread where it belongs.

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #70 of 1,701
Click report, and type the brief request in the box explaining to the admin that it’s accidentally in the wrong place and can they please move the thread where it belongs.

Shouldn't the thread starter do that?

...or you....

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #72 of 1,701
Finally this thread on correct section!
After 120+ hours my BQEYZ KB100 has become more mature, the bass bleed no longer emphasized, cleaner and tighter. and the soundstage is wideee for sub $50 iem. and one thing that refinement and smoothness that hard to get on other sub $50 iems

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #73 of 1,701
@Slater found out todag that my kb1 is probably wired out of phase

That's why the image sounds so strange

What was the trick with cables, to revert the problem ?

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #74 of 1,701
@Slater found out todag that my kb1 is probably wired out of phase

That's why the image sounds so strange

What was the trick with cables, to revert the problem ?

Try switching the connector on one side 180°

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #75 of 1,701
Try switching the connector on one side 180°

I did it friend! It worked, the problem was solved, it is a pity tought. At the end of the day it is still defective product.

I will have to take off the memory wire or buy a cable without earhook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back