1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. BadReligionPunk
    Waiting on BQ3. I suspect it will be awhile. Hasn't even shipped yet, and I purchased it Thursday. Is a beautiful looking IEM though. Ordered the blue. How could you not?

DocHoliday and HungryPanda like this.
  2. Zerohour88
    yup, the head-fi post got it confused, the FB is discussing about the V2, not KC2. I should know, I'm the guy who prodded Larry (the TRN guy) about the retuning while talking about their 12BA model.

Retuning an existing model doesn't make sense with the current strategy of BQEYZ releasing multiple models at similar price points with different tuning

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Andrzej Cichy and darmanastartes like this.
  3. Slater
    Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

I agree about BQEYZ:

1. They seem to be quite competent at tuning their models
    2. It would make no sense to retune the KC2, as there is an appropriate distinction between each of their models. It’s not like KZ, who make many models with near-identical tuning.

4. Zerohour88
    I think maxxevv was saying that this thread is currently located in "Help and Getting Started>Introductions, Help and Recommendations", which is probably the wrong place for it (tbh, I wouldn't have noticed it as well, lol). Maybe a mod can help move it to "portable-headphones-earphones-and-in-ear-monitors"

DocHoliday and maxxevv like this.
  5. exavolt
    Sorry for the confusion. Yeah it was about the other product. Sorry.

I haven't had enough power to get those kind of info directly from the source. :p

Slater likes this.
  6. Trapok
    Who can move this under "Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitor"?

7. Otto Motor
  8. HungryPanda
    Go for it......

Otto Motor likes this.
  9. Otto Motor
    What can be better than inspiration early in the morning :).

UPDATE: thank you for helping me set my goals for the day.

HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  10. DocHoliday
    +1

The BQEYZ' tank-like designs almost look like they've been machined from a single aluminum billet. As sales increase and the company grows I'd bet the designs will improve as well. I like the fact that they have created their own aluminum designs and I'm hoping they continue using aluminum housing for the foreseeable future.

It seems that BQEYZ is quite adept at tuning. If they really want to plant their stake in the ground and make a splash in the Chi-Fi community (and they are well on their way) I think they should license the wood housings from "Chord & Major", tune them accordingly and have a wooden line-up as well. Something akin to my BossHiFi B3 (well-tuned wooden hybrid) comes to mind.

Metal housings and wood housings have distinctly different effects on sonics and BQEYZ could make a huge statement about the choices they make and the quality of their products. Everyone else can go the plastic/resin route. If BQEYZ can establish early on that they only do quality then they can set themselves apart quite easily from the ocean of Chi-Fi available. You only get to make a first impression once. Early on this thread will likely be frequented by early adopters but in the months and years to come BQEYZ could really establish themselves as the benchmark for well-tuned high quality affordable gear. Hopefully, their business acumen is as focused as their ability to tune an in-ear monitor. I'm looking forward to their next move.

480wide.jpg
    major913_cropped.jpg
    Major01_16_main_product_image_large.jpg
    ballad_tonal_earphones_59808.jpg
    CM56789 line up .jpg
    wcm6.jpg
    image009-1024x768.jpg

Your welcome Panda. I love it when someone puts their nose to the grindstone and creates something worthwhile. BQEYZ deserves their own thread.

Good review Otto. Looking forward to any FR graphs that you may have. I collect your FR graphs and Antdroid's FR graphs like some others collect baseball cards.

weedophile and HungryPanda like this.
  11. Otto Motor

Just set
    up my own rig and should be ready to go. The KC2 needs a graph.

Update: need a TRRS to TRS adapter to connect the mic to the usb audio...*%$W#^*%#!!!!

CoiL and DocHoliday like this.
  12. CoiL
    Actually, plastic resin is totally ok if implemented well. About wood housings - it is very tricky to get right and just releasing 5-6 wood versions means it doesn`t incorporate into sound but just rather looks. I wish some chi-fi would mix alu housings with wood backplates and use DD accordingly to wood nature. BA doesn`t need such care with wood, just proper tubing/filters/distance.

HungryPanda, Slater and serman005 like this.
  13. DocHoliday

Agreed. Some of the best TOTL, and mid-tier in-ears are fashioned from resin. In my mind I was thinking "hey, when was the last time anyone saw a mercedes with a cloth interior?" Cloth fabric can be very durable and aesthetically pleasing and it is probably used in 75% of vehicles (that percentage may be higher). Mercedes is known for their engineering, build, fit and finish; likewise with Audi and BMW. Eventually, Toyota, Nissan and Honda employed most of the same formula in their respective higher end offerings (Lexus, Infinti and Acura, respectively) to elevate the perception of said offerings. Granted, it is in fact mostly "perception" that we're talking about (huge Audi fan, myself)...

34989d1383098283-cognac-exclusive-interior-stunning-00i0i_50uwr2l86ps_600x450.jpg

...but I suppose all of my musing is centered around BQEYZ' opportunity in these early days to set themselves apart by consistently offering IEMs fashioned from great materials. They're off to a great start with their current offerings.

Agreed. I'd like to see BQEYZ set themselves apart by taking a similar path. My DZAT DF-10, BossHiFi B3 and VJJB K4 are some of my favorite Chi-Fi.

DZAT DF-10 (all wood)
    The wood lends a sense of warmth to these despite the lift in the 7khz region.
    downloadfile-2.jpg
    MD-26408_20160906114253_750714ff7dd974ac.jpg
    DF-10.fr.png

VJJB K4 (metal & wood)
    The sound signature definitely has a little more bite on these despite the drawdown in the upper-treble. Only the mid-bass marred these $20 in-ears.
    downloadfile-3.jpg
    TB1GYWuKVXXXXaTapXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg
    apie-premium-genuine-wood-corded-500x500.jpg
    images-102.jpg
    K4.fr.png

BossHiFi B3
    Great balance of warmth and micro-detail.
    0df84802e7f395621821b4b761414b6c.jpg
    original-blon-b3-1-dynamic-and-1-armature.jpg

Unfortunately, no FR graph available.

Magaosi BK50
    Don't own these but reportedly the originals are warm with great micro-detail.
    HTB1vpM0tyCYBuNkHFCcq6AHtVXal.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
    HTB1VdpikiMnBKNjSZFzq6A_qVXaM.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Unfortunately, no FR graph.

It would be nice to see BQEYZ take this path. The synergy (wood/wood-metal combo and proper tuning could prove to be something special from a company that is adept at tuning their offerings.

At any rate, I can only hope. As usual, time will tell.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  14. Wiljen
    trellus, hqssui, Otto Motor and 5 others like this.
  15. mbwilson111
    I wonder how long I will wait for my BQEYZ KB100 to arrive. Ordered yesterday.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last