BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #361 of 1,701
I had originally dismissed my KC2 as "too light" in the low end, but last week I got it out again and started some serious tip rolling on it. Sure enough, I needed to find the right tips that accommodate my ears. Now I have a much richer experience with my KC2s.

The KC2 is actually my favorite BQEYZ model because it is the most versatile. I can make my KC2 sound like the KB100 simply by swapping to an eartip that brings the midrange forward. I can also make the KC2 sound like my K2 simply by swapping to an eartip that will bring the bass more forward.

The KC2 is a 3-in-1 model for me.

10242524-1.jpg

Either play it clean (KB100 or KC2) or let the bass bounce (K2 or KC2).

Definitely a keeper.

10242517.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-kc2-2-ba-2-dd-earphone.23272/reviews

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #362 of 1,701
I have never been able to get the KC2 to get bass by tip rolling, so I just enjoy it as is. Tried a dozen or so tips on it too. Had to just settle for what felt the best. The big housing and the short, fat nozzle is an issue for my ears. Found a tip that felt best and am just rolling with it. put the same tips on my BQ3 too.

Stock tips on the KB1 are great though, as is that body style. Its much more compact and fits much better. Hope they are working on something using that body type.

Jul 5, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #363 of 1,701
I have never been able to get the KC2 to get bass by tip rolling, so I just enjoy it as is. Tried a dozen or so tips on it too. Had to just settle for what felt the best. The big housing and the short, fat nozzle is an issue for my ears. Found a tip that felt best and am just rolling with it. put the same tips on my BQ3 too.

Stock tips on the KB1 are great though, as is that body style. Its much more compact and fits much better. Hope they are working on something using that body type.

I used a set of Creative EP630 eartips.

41y00UWMB2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'd recommend picking up a set on Amazon but the price in 2019 is STILL $20 a set. They were $20 back in 2011 when I bought my backup set but they're not worth more than $5 today.

The only other silicone eartip I'd recommend would be these BlueCell silicone eartips.

71y51b83pLL._SX425_.jpg

The BlueCell look like my APG eartips (which seal like a tomb). You'll have to track down your proper size but these are only $1.99 so I'd couple them with another Amazon item to get the free shipping. I consider the $2 spent here as a good risk-to-reward ratio if the eartips turn out to be useful on your KC2 and other in-ears.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...eCell+eartips&qid=1562340940&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #364 of 1,701
In next couple of months or so, I'd buy 2-3 IEMs T2, ZS 10 Pro and one BQEYZ preferably under 50. I already have KB100, which one should I go for? I like balanced signature. Or should I wait a bit more and save up for their upcoming planars as most of the BQEYZ IEMs have very similar tonality.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #365 of 1,701

I almost gave up too on finding tips that worked for me on the kc2. That's why I posted a picture of the tips that worked for me. I have no idea where they came from, and in any case, what works for me may not work for you.

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #366 of 1,701
In next couple of months or so, I'd buy 2-3 IEMs T2, ZS 10 Pro and one BQEYZ preferably under 50. I already have KB100, which one should I go for? I like balanced signature. Or should I wait a bit more and save up for their upcoming planars as most of the BQEYZ IEMs have very similar tonality.

I have all of them (T2, ZS10 pro, KB100) T2 was lacking sub bass in comparison, but nice mids but brighter than KB100. ZS10 pro got nice sub bass , a little mid bass bleed just like KB100 but recessed mids if compared to KB100 and tonality wise a bit off, typical budget BAs, got steel sound but indeed they have great details for the price, highs are more tiring as oppose to the KB100. back to budget at sub $50, i think KB100 still one of my best bet, ZS10 pro could be one, but tonality wise i still prefer KB100 with their superb imaging for the price.
Just saving up more and get higher tier. Nothing on this sub $50 or even $100 have significant upgrades to KB100 for me. Maybe for the $100 the tfz no 3.

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #367 of 1,701
I have all of them (T2, ZS10 pro, KB100) T2 was lacking sub bass in comparison, but nice mids but brighter than KB100. ZS10 pro got nice sub bass , a little mid bass bleed just like KB100 but recessed mids if compared to KB100 and tonality wise a bit off, typical budget BAs, got steel sound but indeed they have great details for the price, highs are more tiring as oppose to the KB100. back to budget at sub $50, i think KB100 still one of my best bet, ZS10 pro could be one, but tonality wise i still prefer KB100 with their superb imaging for the price.
Just saving up more and get higher tier. Nothing on this sub $50 or even $100 have significant upgrades to KB100 for me. Maybe for the $100 the tfz no 3.

Then I'd probably wait and get a decent upgrade at around $100. Thanks for your inputs. Although was really tempted by ZS10 Pro considering the Impressions and how it is considered to be KZ's endgame of sorts. Maybe in 11.11 when it dips to ~$20-25 the purchase makes sense. BA IEMs don't last much for me as I live in a coastal city which has high humidity upwards of 75% on average. Will go for planars/DD in medium tier to ensure longevity. And BA IEMs will keep them as budget as it can be.

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #368 of 1,701
DSC_0111.jpeg

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #369 of 1,701
Jul 8, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #370 of 1,701
How is the impressions from someone with summit-fi about this this BQ3?

I’m actually in the middle of writing a review about them; which I will post maybe in a week. But of course they are a value, how they go up against summit-Fi is.............a complicated answer no doubt. Still if someone was looking to simply stream movies with an IPad or phone I’m pretty sure the BQ3 would be impossible to better for the price they sell for.

The BQ3 is built better than almost anything? Wild really?

Portable home theater 10 points out of a possible 10, then when you consider what they cost.......it’s surreal! Also simply listening from an IPod or IPad with EDM is super nice! They are really great. Though with any device that has a natural bass boost personality, I thought they were slightly too much. Like the 1Z has a bass boost which takes the BQ3 slightly over the top. IMO I still have to try them with the Schiit Asgard One; which typically Schiit stuff is on the colder and thinner side so it should be a nice combo. The Sony TA-ZH1ES amp was an amazing experience, as the BQ3 scales up and up? It’s wild?

But with any flat source, they are enjoyable and fun. But I’m always into a boosted lower midrange and bass? Not everyone is.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #371 of 1,701
How is the impressions from someone with summit-fi about this this BQ3?

I really like the BQ3 but comparing to summit-fi like the JH or EE models reveals them as having some phase issues that the upper tier models don't. They are a great value for sure, but they are not that mythical beast that gets you $1k worth of headphone for $50. The KB100 is better as far as phase issues and a bit more neutral in signature while the BQ3 is a bit more W shaped and has a bit more 3 dimensional stage.

Jul 8, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #372 of 1,701
I really like the BQ3 but comparing to summit-fi like the JH or EE models reveals them as having some phase issues that the upper tier models don't. They are a great value for sure, but they are not that mythical beast that gets you $1k worth of headphone for $50. The KB100 is better as far as phase issues and a bit more neutral in signature while the BQ3 is a bit more W shaped and has a bit more 3 dimensional stage.

Yeah i know that well actually, just a little impressions from someone that busy around in sony Z1R thread because im following that thread too. I got the Sony M7 and the KB100 FYI, and i always say same like you, giant killer is just a myth. But seriously BQEYZ have really good imaging and smooth presentation that are really worth their price on budget level. cheers

Jul 8, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #374 of 1,701

What do you mean by phase issues? I can confirm that my KB100 is not out of phase so I am guessing you are referring to something different... but what?

Jul 8, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #375 of 1,701
What do you mean by phase issues? I can confirm that my KB100 is not out of phase so I am guessing you are referring to something different... but what?

When a speaker/earphone has multiple drivers and a crossover circuit, that typically introduces phase issues between the drivers due to high order filters. This is not a problem with single-driver speakers/earphones. Innerfidelity talked about this when they were explaining how to read square wave measurements and gave the Shure SE535 as one of the examples:

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-square-wave-response-page-2

"This is one of my favorite in-ear headphones. The 30Hz square wave clearly shows a powerful and linear bass response. The 300Hz square wave shows excellent shape but for one unusual feature: a brief movement in the negative direction prior to moving upward. This is a 3-driver balanced armature headphone with a cross-over circuit. I think what we're seeing here is that the tweeter is out of phase with the other two drivers due to high order filters. Having a driver out of phase relative to other drivers in a multi-way speaker is not uncommon, but I haven't seen it elsewhere with headphones. The rise time of the front of the square wave doesn't look very fast, but you must remember that it's the tweeter going in the negative direction at first that's providing the speed. This is one of those cases where we're not seeing all of the information needed as some phase information is hidden from view."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back