Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Aug 31, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #1,936 of 2,191
Aug 31, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #1,937 of 2,191
I dug up the FCC listings for PX8 and PX7 S2, and the earcups appear to be almost exactly the same size, based on a label sample diagram for both phones. Looks to be a diagram of the plastic baffle that has all the serial no. and FCC id markings:

https://fccid.io/2ACIX-PX8/Label/Label-Sample-Px8-5658721.pdf
https://fccid.io/2ACIX-PX8/Label/Label-Sample-Px7-S2-5658720.pdf

Doesn't mean that the actual ear cushions couldn't be larger, or shaped differently, but probably the same size. So differences will be more in terms of design, driver used and other features (perhaps better ANC, more codecs, etc.).

Aug 31, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #1,938 of 2,191
Ok, got the PX7 S2 delivered just now. Earcups seem a bit too small (my constant pet peeve with all headphones, lol), but will wear them for a day to see how they are comfort wise. SQ seems good so far otherwise, but not listening too closely yet (working while listening).

Aug 31, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #1,939 of 2,191
What is known about the PX8s though? Will they be the same size as the PX7? Will they be bigger? (I'd love for once to see slightly bigger wireless/ANC headphones, so they really fully fit around your ears). Will ANC be better? Will it also support LDAC? I'd like to see more details before blindly pre-ordering something at least.

And which store was this?

I do have the PX7 S2's arriving today, curious to see how I like them. Will be comparing against Momentum 4s and Technics EAH-A800, both arriving later this week. Primarily looking for comfort, followed by SQ second, as I'll mainly use these while traveling. I have other wired headphones that will probably beat all of these for SQ any day :)
The Technics fit around my ears better than the Px7 s2. The problem for me with the Technics was that there was a slight echo/reverb to the sound. They sound great otherwise, especially with LDAC.

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #1,940 of 2,191
Man, I can't get this PX7 S2 to pair with the Music app at all (Android). Got it to work once, but then it never connects. Is this a common issue?

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #1,942 of 2,191
You can't pair them to your Android phone?
It pairs to the phone fine - but the B&W Music app doesn't see them. It keeps saying it needs to connect, even though it's paired on my phone (and I can play music just fine).

I see this screen:
Screenshot_20220901-131624_Music  Bowers & Wilkins.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #1,943 of 2,191
It pairs to the phone fine - but the B&W Music app doesn't see them. It keeps saying it needs to connect, even though it's paired on my phone (and I can play music just fine).

I see this screen:
Screenshot_20220901-131624_Music  Bowers & Wilkins.jpg
If you go to the settings cog you should see the device listed with a tap to connect option (assuming it’s the same as the iOS version)

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #1,944 of 2,191
If you go to the settings cog you should see the device listed with a tap to connect option (assuming it’s the same as the iOS version)
Yeah, I see it - but it just won't connect. Which is odd, as I'm otherwise streaming music over Bluetooth just fine while I'm trying to do this. Must be a problem with the app.

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #1,945 of 2,191
Yeah, I see it - but it just won't connect. Which is odd, as I'm otherwise streaming music over Bluetooth just fine while I'm trying to do this. Must be a problem with the app.
Do you have both Bluetooth connections active to the PX2 - usually there should be two - one standard connection which deals with streaming music and another BT LE connection for the app connectivity. I don’t know much about Android devices but on iOS the BT LE connection is often hidden.

I’d probably suggest unpairing and re-pairing might be the thing to do here.

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #1,946 of 2,191
Do you have both Bluetooth connections active to the PX2 - usually there should be two - one standard connection which deals with streaming music and another BT LE connection for the app connectivity. I don’t know much about Android devices but on iOS the BT LE connection is often hidden.

I’d probably suggest unpairing and re-pairing might be the thing to do here.

I don't think there is such an option in Android. I have enabled "nearby device scanning" for the app in its permissions which is the only permission available for that app. And it has worked with the app successfully before. Earlier today I got it to work a second time. But now it's not connecting anymore. It's really finnicky this app. With Sony I've never had this problem - I turn on bluetooth on phone, turn on headphone and it works in the app.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #1,948 of 2,191
I had that problem a few times. I just exit out of the app, restart the headphones and reopen the app.
That seems to have worked - but super annoying it's even necessary. Thankfully there's not much to change in the app, and the Bass/Treble is fine at stock.

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #1,949 of 2,191
That seems to have worked - but super annoying it's even necessary. Thankfully there's not much to change in the app, and the Bass/Treble is fine at stock.
Yeah, just don't worry about it. Once you get everything set the way you like it, there's not much need for the app. Mine works pretty reliably with it when I do use it, but it isn't often.

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #1,950 of 2,191
I've got the Px7 s2 but the pads are slightly too small. Not horrible, but.... SO I've decided to get the Px7 Carbon. Anyone who has heard both able to tell me how much detail and clarity I'll be losing switching to Px7? I don't mind losing a little for the larger earcups, but if it's really bad I'd like to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back