Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Nov 28, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #1,546 of 2,191
Yes agreed the sonys just sound muddy and rolled off on the treble. I was surprised the carbons had a completely broken ear cup as it was hanging off by the band. No outer box damage. IO 6s were pretty good but noisey and ineffective ANC.

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #1,547 of 2,191
Bummer about the QC—hopefully just bad luck. I do remember some folks complaining about the build quality of the PX7s when they were first introduced. I miss some of the nicer materials from the P7W but appreciate the weight savings. Perhaps the odds of mechanical issues are higher with these cheaper materials.

That said though, good call on the Shures. IMO the Aonic 50 is the single best wireless headphone available today. The PX7 is a very nice compliment for certain genres of music because its thick, weighty sound is just so damn engaging. Agreed that the Sony XM series does not compare to the PX7 (neither are going for neutral, but the PX7 bass is actually detailed and enjoyable whereas the Sonys is mostly just muddy).
Apparently the jbl club one is one of the best as well. It has a really solid build and by far the best wired sound quality

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1,548 of 2,191
Yes agreed the sonys just sound muddy and rolled off on the treble. I was surprised the carbons had a completely broken ear cup as it was hanging off by the band. No outer box damage. IO 6s were pretty good but noisey and ineffective ANC.
Honestly the B&W px7 is a bit of a disappointment to me. It seems that b&w has sold out on the audiophile Community to make a product that they think most people would like. I just find it disappointing that the sound signature is so unneutral and the materials are a downgrade. You can't even used them wired without battery.

Nov 29, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #1,550 of 2,191
Honestly the B&W px7 is a bit of a disappointment to me. It seems that b&w has sold out on the audiophile Community to make a product that they think most people would like. I just find it disappointing that the sound signature is so unneutral and the materials are a downgrade. You can't even used them wired without battery.

My only issue with the PX7 that you cannot use them in passive mode. SQ beats the Sony, ANC is better on the Sony, so the Sony goes on flights. The PX7 is still very good on trains, tube, office...
As for materials, I think carbon fiver is cool and beats any plastic.

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #1,551 of 2,191
Wear sensor in my PX7 doesn't work after 15-30 minutes of use. Does anyone have it working fine?
Sometimes the LED blinks while charging, sometimes it does not turn on at all and the charge goes without it.
I wrote about this to the manufacturer and was sent to the service.
I ordered SENNHEISER Momentum True Wireless 2 and I will give the PX7 to the service when TW2 delivered.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #1,552 of 2,191
Wear sensor in my PX7 doesn't work after 15-30 minutes of use. Does anyone have it working fine?
Sometimes the LED blinks while charging, sometimes it does not turn on at all and the charge goes without it.
I wrote about this to the manufacturer and was sent to the service.
I ordered SENNHEISER Momentum True Wireless 2 and I will give the PX7 to the service when TW2 delivered.
Must admit I find all wear sensors finicky. Mine were new yesterday didn't charge at first but now do. I can only think that they think are using as a USBC audio connection at first.

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,553 of 2,191
Must admit I find all wear sensors finicky. Mine were new yesterday didn't charge at first but now do. I can only think that they think are using as a USBC audio connection at first.
Pretty sure I recall someone relaying an exchange they had with a B&W service tech where they learned that the wear sensor is particularly susceptible to heat, which explains why it often stops working reliably after 30 to 60 min of use. I’ve also found it unreliable which sucks because it’s a great feature when it works.

Nov 29, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #1,554 of 2,191
Bose 700 sounds like crap, momentum 3 is a bass monster

The M3s are very bass heavy in their stock EQ, true. I wouldn't, however', call them bass monsters. Besides, EQing them is very easy and effective in the app.
Try -2db bass, 0 mids and +1 highs and the "problem" is solved :) I like them much (!) better that way compared to the PX7.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #1,555 of 2,191
These are £220 on Amazon now as part of their Black Friday deals, including the Carbon Edition (which is just a black colour version)

Also the Pi4 are only £110!

Got some Pi4 too. I like them, although I found the earbud fit a bit finicky.

They have BT 5.0, ANC and AptX Adaptive too.

And the earbuds are magnetic and the music pauses when you stick them together
Quite a premium product

Real bargain at the moment
There are a handful of the silver PX7s on Amazon Spain at the moment as new for 171 euros until the end of tomorrow. The discount is added when you go to pay. Seems like a pretty good deal. Was enough to persuade me to give them a try.

Nov 29, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #1,557 of 2,191
Anyone on v1.2 firmware? My px7s came with this on but no mention on the website.

I’m curious to this as well, and what the difference is? I hear that it impacted SQ (better highs)?

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #1,558 of 2,191
The M3s are very bass heavy in their stock EQ, true. I wouldn't, however', call them bass monsters. Besides, EQing them is very easy and effective in the app.
Try -2db bass, 0 mids and +1 highs and the "problem" is solved :) I like them much (!) better that way compared to the PX7.
Absolutely. M3 > px7 except in battery life

Dec 1, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #1,560 of 2,191
I have been in contact with Bowers and Wilkins on the firmware issue as well as clicking on the left hand side of the headphones. The firmware is apparently unique to the Carbon Edition and there are no changes to v1.1. The clicking (started yesterday) but no reply on that yet. Must admit these headphones are poor in quality control but they sound really good better than the Space Grey pair I had but then they didn't click.I have tried the fix on this thread but it made no difference as yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back