Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Feb 27, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,336 of 2,199
Amazon UK has the silvers for £275...too good to be true? I'd like to pick up a pair and I think the silvers are terribly drab, compared to the space greys, but that price...
Sevenoaks and Peter Tyson both had the space grey for the same price last week.

EDIT
just checked and the space grey has gone back up to £350. I got lucky I guess.

The silvers don't look bad in the flesh - better than in photos; I went with the grey simply because I was concerned about marks on the headband and cups.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #1,338 of 2,199
I'm in Singapore though, the sellers in Amazon UK don't ship here. No matter, I managed to find a decent deal locally.

I picked the PX7s over the Momentum 3 (bad aesthetics were the dealbreaker) and H9 3rd gen (I've a bunch of Beoplay gear so I was initially biased towards the H9) , let's see how Bowers has improved on the PX.

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,339 of 2,199
Sevenoaks and Peter Tyson both had the space grey for the same price last week.

EDIT
just checked and the space grey has gone back up to £350. I got lucky I guess.

The silvers don't look bad in the flesh - better than in photos; I went with the grey simply because I was concerned about marks on the headband and cups.

In Amazon.de they are at 319.99€ right now. Both colors. I bought the grey version also. Live are 100x better than in photos. So far 100% happy customer.

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #1,340 of 2,199
I've been warming up to these for the last few days. The materials do feel like a bit of a downgrade from the PX I used to own, and I'm hoping the headband and cups soften up over time. Sound is mostly excellent, but I wish there was more sparkle in the treble, and vocals are noticeable recessed to me, higher vocal parts especially. Listening to Rolling in the Deep, it's like Adele's voice is no longer the star of the show. The thinness in higher vocal parts might be a dealbreaker for me.

Just placed an order for the ATH-M50xBT to compare. ANC actually hurts my ears so I don't care for the feature, and battery life looks the same, which puts the two on even footing as far as basic use goes. Has anyone else tried this shootout before?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #1,341 of 2,199
I've been warming up to these for the last few days. The materials do feel like a bit of a downgrade from the PX I used to own, and I'm hoping the headband and cups soften up over time. Sound is mostly excellent, but I wish there was more sparkle in the treble, and vocals are noticeable recessed to me, higher vocal parts especially. Listening to Rolling in the Deep, it's like Adele's voice is no longer the star of the show. The thinness in higher vocal parts might be a dealbreaker for me.

Just placed an order for the ATH-M50xBT to compare. ANC actually hurts my ears so I don't care for the feature, and battery life looks the same, which puts the two on even footing as far as basic use goes. Has anyone else tried this shootout before?

What's the source are you listen from?
Listen from youtube, Rolling in the Deep is just crap, flat is the most positive thing I can say. Who ever listen from youtube should be banned for life :) From Spotify if a major upgrade (aptx hd connection), the voice is much more clear and distinct, the background voices also. From a FLAC track there's no excuse. The upgrade is even greater. I'm listen to the acapella version right now and I really can't understand your argument. The stage, the voice is clearing good. I agree that in some tracks the treble could be better, but nothing that you can't adjust with any equalizer, you don't need to buy a new headphones for that. Still I'm curious to see the comparison.

Feb 27, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #1,342 of 2,199
What's the source are you listen from?
Listen from youtube, Rolling in the Deep is just crap, flat is the most positive thing I can say. Who ever listen from youtube should be banned for life :) From Spotify if a major upgrade (aptx hd connection), the voice is much more clear and distinct, the background voices also. From a FLAC track there's no excuse. The upgrade is even greater. I'm listen to the acapella version right now and I really can't understand your argument. The stage, the voice is clearing good. I agree that in some tracks the treble could be better, but nothing that you can't adjust with any equalizer, you don't need to buy a new headphones for that. Still I'm curious to see the comparison.

I'm listening on Spotify. Maybe it's just that I was using IEMs before this, and by comparison vocals are less in your face. I agree that new headphones aren't necessary for something you can easily adjust with EQ. It's more that I'm probably paying a lot extra for ANC that I can't comfortably use, so if I can find comparable sound quality and battery life with no ANC and save some money, I will.

Many songs absolutely sing on these, though, and maybe my perception will change as my ears adjust. My issue is that a lot of my favourite songs have moments with intense, high vocal parts, and I find there's just less power behind them right now. Shakey Graves' "Tomorrow" and "I'm Writing A Novel" by Father John Misty are good examples of male vocals losing out a little bit, to my ears.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,343 of 2,199
I'm listening on Spotify. Maybe it's just that I was using IEMs before this, and by comparison vocals are less in your face. I agree that new headphones aren't necessary for something you can easily adjust with EQ. It's more that I'm probably paying a lot extra for ANC that I can't comfortably use, so if I can find comparable sound quality and battery life with no ANC and save some money, I will.

Many songs absolutely sing on these, though, and maybe my perception will change as my ears adjust. My issue is that a lot of my favourite songs have moments with intense, high vocal parts, and I find there's just less power behind them right now. Shakey Graves' "Tomorrow" and "I'm Writing A Novel" by Father John Misty are good examples of male vocals losing out a little bit, to my ears.
Just to try to mimic your experience, are you listen from Spotify premium or free? and what type of connection, aptx, aptx-ll, aptx-hd or any other compression?
I was kind of disappointed when I listened Future Islands with the PX7. The vocals are not what I was expecting by far. I was hopping way better than I got. In contrast when I listen Lykke Li, "so sad so sexy" album it made me listen to it 100x in arrow. The vocals, the instruments and the stage is just perfect listen through the PX7.
PX7 is not a perfect headphone. But I could not find a better wireless cans than this. Wired you find it easy.

I agree with you if you are not using ANC, there's no point of paying extra for ones. And if they are not comfortable even worst.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #1,344 of 2,199
Just to try to mimic your experience, are you listen from Spotify premium or free? and what type of connection, aptx, aptx-ll, aptx-hd or any other compression?
I was kind of disappointed when I listened Future Islands with the PX7. The vocals are not what I was expecting by far. I was hopping way better than I got. In contrast when I listen Lykke Li, "so sad so sexy" album it made me listen to it 100x in arrow. The vocals, the instruments and the stage is just perfect listen through the PX7.
PX7 is not a perfect headphone. But I could not find a better wireless cans than this. Wired you find it easy.

I agree with you if you are not using ANC, there's no point of paying extra for ones. And if they are not comfortable even worst.

I'm on Premium, with streaming quality set to very high, and aptx-hd as the codec. I agree that some music really suits these headphones, but they might be a bad fit for the songs I like listening to regularly. The comfort while not ideal has noticeably improved after a couple of days, and I'm actually worried I'll find the ATH uncomfortable by comparison :sweat_smile:

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #1,346 of 2,199
Care to share?
B&W has an official store on Lazada SG and they have a flash sale on the PX7s, bringing down pricing to SGD$539. There's a 5% off store coupon as well which brings the price down a little lower. Not sure if I can throw a link up but you can Google em easy enough.

Just got my pair in, update installed. Time to put the PX7 through its paces! Right off the bat, these feel so much better on the head than the PXs. Materials are a definite downgrade but I'll take the tradeoff for better wearability. Also, whoever decided it was OK to put the buttons right where your fingers would be when you take the cans off fails at product design. Oh boy.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #1,348 of 2,199
I got my PX7 on amazon.fr warehouse offer. 264 EUR and I got a set in an impeccable state. I am absolutely delighted with these headphones. Checking Amazon, there are still some available, although the warehouse items are always a bit of a lottery.

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #1,349 of 2,199
B&W has an official store on Lazada SG and they have a flash sale on the PX7s, bringing down pricing to SGD$539. There's a 5% off store coupon as well which brings the price down a little lower. Not sure if I can throw a link up but you can Google em easy enough.

Just got my pair in, update installed. Time to put the PX7 through its paces! Right off the bat, these feel so much better on the head than the PXs. Materials are a definite downgrade but I'll take the tradeoff for better wearability. Also, whoever decided it was OK to put the buttons right where your fingers would be when you take the cans off fails at product design. Oh boy.

to be honest when I take the cans off my hands/fingers cover all the ear piece , so really there is no ideal place for the buttons.

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #1,350 of 2,199
to be honest when I take the cans off my hands/fingers cover all the ear piece , so really there is no ideal place for the buttons.
I can only speak for myself, but most cans have the buttons along the bottom of the earcup and I've never had an issue with that. \shrugs

Not any kind of dealbreaker or anything like that, more of a nitpick really.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back