Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,261 of 2,191
I have the latest firmware. I also have a Sennheiser M3 here with me and upon initial listening, the max volume of the M3 is notably greater than that of the PX7. As to whether or not that is enough to make it my choice of headphone remains to be seen, and Ill be putting each to test over the next week or so.

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #1,263 of 2,191
Hey guys, I've just received my PX7 and the pressure the band gives around my ears is just crazy, it's like somebody is pressing the headphones as hard as they can to my ears and after 30 mins I just couldn't take it anymore. It's now an hour since I've taken off the PX7 and my head STILL hurt.

Does the pressure of the band relax with time, or will it always stay this way? Are there any tricks to release the pressure on your head?

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,264 of 2,191
Hey guys, I've just received my PX7 and the pressure the band gives around my ears is just crazy, it's like somebody is pressing the headphones as hard as they can to my ears and after 30 mins I just couldn't take it anymore. It's now an hour since I've taken off the PX7 and my head STILL hurt.

Does the pressure of the band relax with time, or will it always stay this way? Are there any tricks to release the pressure on your head?
All headphones typically relax over time.

In the past, I've placed my headphones over a soccer ball or whatever ball is around the size of your head. Keep it like that overnight. Give it a try in the morning and see if it's better. If not, do it another night. while you're at work, etc.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #1,265 of 2,191
Hey guys, I received today my new Bowers Wilkins PX7 and it is strange, I tried to turn them on directly without charging, the power led lamp blinked briefly and then no reaction. Then I connected the headphones with my computer for charhing, my computer react and shows me there is a new hardware but after 3 hours of charhing still no reaction and the led lamp does not show anything. The usb connector works fine btw. Is there something special what I have to do at first or is it a case for guarantee? :frowning2:

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,267 of 2,191
Does anyone have bluetooth issues when using the headphones in really crowded areas? The audio keeps cutting/chopping. Never experienced this with the older PXs.

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,271 of 2,191
I'm trying now to charge them on my playstation 4, my ps4 shows me that the headphones are connected, but no sound is coming out, I guess it is because of the low battery? Is there any difference between if the headphones are turned on or turned off while charging? I guess not?
Try a factory reset. Hold down the ANC button + Vol Up + Vol Down buttons all at the same time for 10+ seconds.

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #1,274 of 2,191
I bought a pair of PX7’s today after testing them and the Dali IO-6, one question though, after wearing them for about an hour I find they hurt a little (I’ve only got a medium sized head), do they get much looser with more wear? Reason I’m asking is I might have to swap them for the Dali if they don’t :rolling_eyes:

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #1,275 of 2,191
I bought a pair of PX7’s today after testing them and the Dali IO-6, one question though, after wearing them for about an hour I find they hurt a little (I’ve only got a medium sized head), do they get much looser with more wear? Reason I’m asking is I might have to swap them for the Dali if they don’t :rolling_eyes:
Yes, they'll loosen up. I've had my new pair for a few days (I also had them previously before the firmware update) and they have loosened up. They're not uncomfortable, but they are not necessarily something you'll forget you're wearing either. You can also try the ball stretch I mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back