Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #1,246 of 2,191
Hi! I bought PX7 a week ago and just registered here for a question. Why is it written on back side of the box: "Immersive over-ear headphone featuring a custom 40mm driver..."
Why not 43mm?
Or it's on my box only?

I remember reading B&W replied to the same question at amazon, they mentioned its a printing error on the box, should be 43mm

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #1,247 of 2,191
I just upgraded today from the PX to PX7 and I have a strange problem when playing music from my macbook pro 2014 Mac OS 10.14.6:
- If I use the cable I only hear music in the left cup (mono sound)
- If I connect them via bluetooth, I get a lot of disconnections

If I connect them to my Iphone7, they work perfectly fine. Anyone bumped into the same issue?

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #1,248 of 2,191
I just upgraded today from the PX to PX7 and I have a strange problem when playing music from my macbook pro 2014 Mac OS 10.14.6:
- If I use the cable I only hear music in the left cup (mono sound)
- If I connect them via bluetooth, I get a lot of disconnections

If I connect them to my Iphone7, they work perfectly fine. Anyone bumped into the same issue?
I haven't run into that issue and it's definitely abnormal. I'd see if you can connect to another computer and see if you get the same issue. If so, I'd switch out the cable. If neither of those work, then I'd power cycle/reset the headphones. If the problem persists, then you probably have a faulty unit, so I'd exchange.

upload_2020-1-11_11-13-45.png

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #1,249 of 2,191
Obviously, you have measurements for both and are planning on posting those tonight. :p

The PX7 are still on sale for $346 (Amazon), so thinking about picking them up again after returning my Momentum 3. The build on the M3 just wasn't up to what I expect for $400. The sliders progressively become looser and looser over time.

Mine arrive on Thursday. I'm not as strong willed to resist the purchase as you, apparently! :wink:

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #1,250 of 2,191
Guys need help.

I decided to buy b&w anc headphone, that is for sure, I eliminated sony x3 because of too much bass for me (i' ve tried), b&o h9 because build, bose nc700 i don't know why but i don't like bose anyway.

My major priority is SQ and volume, i like listening metal and rock on a little high volume. So clarity, sound stage, seperation etc are important.
But i can not choose px or px7. Some people sad on this topic; they found px more clear and sparkle sound than px7 and px7 is little boomy and dark and px is better option for metal etc. On the other hand ofc i want to buy "newer" model ofc.

I reduced options down to these two but i can not decide, which one. Unfortunately i don't have chance to try.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #1,251 of 2,191
Guys need help.

I decided to buy b&w anc headphone, that is for sure, I eliminated sony x3 because of too much bass for me (i' ve tried), b&o h9 because build, bose nc700 i don't know why but i don't like bose anyway.

My major priority is SQ and volume, i like listening metal and rock on a little high volume. So clarity, sound stage, seperation etc are important.
But i can not choose px or px7. Some people sad on this topic; they found px more clear and sparkle sound than px7 and px7 is little boomy and dark and px is better option for metal etc. On the other hand ofc i want to buy "newer" model ofc.

I reduced options down to these two but i can not decide, which one. Unfortunately i don't have chance to try.

Thanks anyway.

Dont you live in a country were Amazon ships?

But the consesus seems to be that the PX sounds a bit better, but the PX7 blows them out in terms of features/comfort.

But sound is after all really subjective, you really need to try them for yourself.

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #1,252 of 2,191
Dont you live in a country were Amazon ships?

But the consesus seems to be that the PX sounds a bit better, but the PX7 blows them out in terms of features/comfort.

But sound is after all really subjective, you really need to try them for yourself.

No i am afraid not, my country (Turkey) is undeveloped country about consumer rights and many other things.
Yeah you are right, I eliminated all brand and all models, it is good but i couldn't be sure about last step for these two.

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #1,253 of 2,191
Guys need help.

Thanks anyway.
Are you wearing glasses?

Yes = PX7
No = PX

Are you using the ANC function regularly?

Yes = PX7
No = PX

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #1,255 of 2,191
I have the PX7 since release and I am hearing what sounds like a loose wire hitting off the left ear cup when no music is playing. It doesn’t happen all the time. I think some of you experienced the same thing and returned them for a replacement. I’d prefer not to go to the hassle of I could fix it myself. I think did someone on here remove the left ear cup and solve it? Was it a loose catch or something? I may end up replacing them on account of it but then again I only hear it say between songs or when I haven’t hit “play” yet!

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #1,256 of 2,191
I bought a copy with the clicking noise in the right cup. I exchanged it and now the new one has the same issue in the left cup. I am going to exchange it again. Hoping for a good one but if it is also bad I will ask for a refund. I am sure B&W will fix this eventually, I will buy it then.

The thing is, I think this issue is more widespread than we think it is. The dealer told me that I am the first one to return this item to them because of this issue, but my next copy also had it. Either I am unlucky, or most people do not realize this, betting on the second.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #1,257 of 2,191
I bought a copy with the clicking noise in the right cup. I exchanged it and now the new one has the same issue in the left cup. I am going to exchange it again. Hoping for a good one but if it is also bad I will ask for a refund. I am sure B&W will fix this eventually, I will buy it then.

The thing is, I think this issue is more widespread than we think it is. The dealer told me that I am the first one to return this item to them because of this issue, but my next copy also had it. Either I am unlucky, or most people do not realize this, betting on the second.

It is a strange one as sometimes it is not present at all! I feel it’s too much hassle to send it back for such a small issue.

Feb 1, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #1,258 of 2,191
It is a strange one as sometimes it is not present at all! I feel it’s too much hassle to send it back for such a small issue.
I did figure out when it is present. First of all, some time has to pass. It's never present when I start listening. It comes after 10-15 minutes. It mostly comes if ANC is enabled. But when those are combined, it's always present. I just have to move/shake my head and it'll click.

Feb 2, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #1,259 of 2,191
Just got the px7s, they are good but I wish there was more headroom in terms of maximum volume, I can have these maxed and still wish for a bit more. Am using with a LGV40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back