Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Oct 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #466 of 2,199
Nope, no material or construction issues that I can see. No rattling either. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the build quality once I held these; some of the comments earlier made me think B&W had cut too many corners in addressing the comfort issues of the PX. These feel nice and sturdy to me.

Overall I also like the build quality, except the buttons, especially the play/pause button, buttons doesn't feel that tactile imo.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #467 of 2,199
For what it's worth, I haven't noticed the clicking/clacking sounds on the right side since my initial usage, still not sure what that's about. I haven't proactively tried to diagnose or recreate it though.

Anyone who's had the PX7 for longer finding significant improvement with burn-in? I think 1-2 people so far have mentioned that.
I do recall a clicking sound in my old PX, which appeared a week or so after I got them and then disappeared a few days after that. Still no idea what the cause was. I started to open a support ticket to get a replacement but once I could no longer replicate the sound, I figured they were fine. Anyway, I haven't noticed any loose material sounds in the PX7 so far, but we'll see if that changes once I start walking with them.

And re: burn-in, whether it's the actual drivers or the ear cup material relaxing or my brain acclimating—I've always found the sound of B&W headphones to smooth out over time. This was especially true of my experience with the PX, though I think a lot of that had to do with the initial ear cup rigidity and just how dependent those headphones are in having a perfect seal. Will be interesting to see what others think as more time passes.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #468 of 2,199
Overall I also like the build quality, except the buttons, especially the play/pause button, buttons doesn't feel that tactile imo.
Bummer. I don't have any complaints with the pair I have, but I have a similar issue with my P7W. The volume-down button depresses very slightly and doesn't have much feedback, and the actual power switch rocker feels more recessed than it should be. Getting those tactile controls just right is super important. And by comparison to the XM3 (at least, the swipe gestures on the ear cup, which I've gotten used to), I much prefer tactile, clicky buttons.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #469 of 2,199
Yes I've noticed the pressure below the ears as well. Not sure what to make of it and whether this will hopefully improve over time. I've had some headaches in the last couple of days which is unusual for me, so not sure if this is linked. I had no comfort issues with the P7W, and the PX was more awkward and annoying but never quasi-painful.

For what it's worth, I haven't noticed the clicking/clacking sounds on the right side since my initial usage, still not sure what that's about. I haven't proactively tried to diagnose or recreate it though.

Anyone who's had the PX7 for longer finding significant improvement with burn-in? I think 1-2 people so far have mentioned that.
Can you slip foam underneath the pads on the top? That might help even out pressure

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #471 of 2,199
The battery life is spectacular, I've used mine maybe 3 hours since I got them. They were at 90% and now they're still at 80%. That with the fast charging capabilities... :) BT headphones have really come a long way compared to 3-4 years ago.

So they should still have decent battery life even after a few years of battery degradation.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #472 of 2,199
I've had the PX7s for a little over a week and probably have around 8-10 hours of listen time. I love the sound stage, comfort improvements and battery life.

One thing has been bothering me though, related to the sound signature. I am often finding that the vocals feel recessed, or deeply in the background, overwhelmed and overpowered by the instrumentation. This is on songs that I have listened too many times, on previous B&W headphones as well as a Sennheiser M3 running A/B. It doesn't seem to affect every single song the same way, but is definitely noticeable on a good number of them.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I haven't fully burned them in yet, but I can't imagine that would make a difference (assuming it is even a real thing)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #474 of 2,199
Ordered both the PX7 and Dali IO6 today. Will keep the one that I like the most.

Does the Dali have multipoint connection?

The Wear sensor doesn't work at all, no matter if I set it to low/normal/more... Disappointing, but should be fixable with a software update.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #476 of 2,199
I've had the PX7s for a little over a week and probably have around 8-10 hours of listen time. I love the sound stage, comfort improvements and battery life.

One thing has been bothering me though, related to the sound signature. I am often finding that the vocals feel recessed, or deeply in the background, overwhelmed and overpowered by the instrumentation. This is on songs that I have listened too many times, on previous B&W headphones as well as a Sennheiser M3 running A/B. It doesn't seem to affect every single song the same way, but is definitely noticeable on a good number of them.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I haven't fully burned them in yet, but I can't imagine that would make a difference (assuming it is even a real thing)

This is interesting... I have both P7w and PX, and found the same thing on P7w when comparing to PX. This was the main reason I ended up keeping both. I like the P7w when listening to classical, and I'd go for the PX for anything with vocals. Was hoping the PX7 being the best of both world but this sounds like the PX7 is more on the P7w side terms of sound signature.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #478 of 2,199
I am also not too satisfied with the vocal sounding buried - any EQ adjustments you guys made to compensate for that?

Unfortunately I’m on iOS, so no great EQ options until (if) B&W implements something in their app/firmware...up for any suggestions if there is anything I’m not aware of.

As I mentioned, The vocal issues are the only thing that I do not like with the PX7 so far!

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #479 of 2,199

Yes, I have same opinion. I think px7 midrange is not good because is recessed and sounding hollow. Momentum 3 and p7 wireless is sounding very more correct.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #480 of 2,199
Yes, I remember my frustration with the recessed vocals when I first got my P7W. I'm hoping it won't be as bad on the PX7 after I have more time to listen to them, and I also hope the bass is a good bit more defined than on the P7W.

A bit discouraged by the more recent posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back