Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Sep 26, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #16 of 2,191
These are really interesting, i'm debating between these and the new Momentum 3, both of them got a feature im after which is pretty rare... Low latency codec, the PX7 got the newer APTX Adaptive.

The problem is I can't find any Bluetooth USB adapter with APTX adaptive :/

I really like the fact that the sound priority seems to be first over ANC, unlike the Bose/Sony's.

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #17 of 2,191
its only a matter of time as this the first headphone to support aptx adaptive and the codec will be supported in the new android launch

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #19 of 2,191
you are right I didn't know that they were announced last year
But that seems to have changed now as newly released phones such as the ASUS ROG Phone II supports Aptx Adaptive
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/News/sf9r4ao2riorpj4e
and The new wireless B&W Lineup seems to be the first to support this codec as well

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #20 of 2,191
you are right I didn't know that they were announced last year
But that seems to have changed now as newly released phones such as the ASUS ROG Phone II supports Aptx Adaptive
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/News/sf9r4ao2riorpj4e
and The new wireless B&W Lineup seems to be the first to support this codec as well

Ah, but since its backwards compatible with APTX HD I dont worry to much about my phone... What I want is an USB dongle with APTX adaptive for my PC :/ Would be really cool to have a pair of all around wireless headphones, no matter if its gaming/music/movies.

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #21 of 2,191
Sep 27, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #22 of 2,191
From this photo on pocketlint website for the px7 confirms the angled driver design
149459-headphones-hands-on-bowers-wilkins-px7-initial-review-first-anc-over-ears-with-apt-x-adapative-bluetooth-image5-e9vh3gipdy.jpg

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #24 of 2,191
double post

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #25 of 2,191
5938BE3B-DA36-49DE-A9C7-76C6DA569A51.jpeg

It may look too obvious but on the px it was very hard to tell when I first got it out of the box , under certain lighting conditions this Mark is almost invisible

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #26 of 2,191
Super interested in this as a long time P7 wireless owner.
But no passive mode? On $400 headphones? Even Bose has it.
So if I have a nice, clean 24/96 source, my only option is to listen to it through a bluetooth codec?

Sep 29, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #30 of 2,191
screw the verge - and most reviewers as far as that goes... The big review sites can suck it. good thing with BT headphones is its fairly easy to find them in the stores to test them out for yourself. with the more expensive wired can's it's impossible for a lot of people, outside of just ordering what you like try them out and send them back. but even best buy will have all of these BT headphones on display. when i was looking I was able to test, PX, Sennhiser, Vmoda, Bose and Sony all in one spot side by side.

I do look at all the sites regarding new headphones. But, Headfi.Org and contributors (like on this thread) are my final arbiters! Having said that there will never be a consensus amongst us all. But the insights provided help me make the best decision I can make before I open my wallet! Thanks all that take the time to contribute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back